Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Too fat to ride!

Wes have you been on King Da KA. If so how was the fit for you?

^ Nope, not been on that one yet.

But from what I've seen it has OTSRs and I would assume it would be a bit easier to fit on...but again, I haven't been on it yet.
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313 ** Proud Member of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten

Vote For Royaland of NASCAR in the 2014 Coaster Draft!

Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

On the hunt for 400 Thunderhawk's Avatar
    ^^I carry all my weight in my upper body, and I am nowhere close to not fitting on Kingda Ka. I have trouble with B&Ms OTSR (actually, haven't attempted any this season but had trouble last seasons when I was about 10 pounds lighter). Bottom line, Kingda Ka has some of the most accomodating restraints I've seen for large riders (except for single position buzz bars, of course). You probably have a better chance of fitting on Kingda Ka over Nitro, Medusa, Superman, etc.
    Last edited by Thunderhawk; 07-08-2007 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Grammar, spelling, you name it
    My hardest earned credit is The Legend at Holiday World, first ridden 5.19.2012, exactly 1399 days after my first visit to Holiday World.
    Next up: Beech Bend/Kentucky Kingdom/Kings Island/Cedar Point
    Favorites: Amusement Park: SFGAdv/Cedar Point/SFMM | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Ravine Flyer II, Outlaw Run, Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Bizarro @ SFNE, New Texas Giant, Iron Rattler

How much do you weigh thunderhawk?

On the hunt for 400 Thunderhawk's Avatar
    about 240-245, about 5'8''
    My hardest earned credit is The Legend at Holiday World, first ridden 5.19.2012, exactly 1399 days after my first visit to Holiday World.
    Next up: Beech Bend/Kentucky Kingdom/Kings Island/Cedar Point
    Favorites: Amusement Park: SFGAdv/Cedar Point/SFMM | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Ravine Flyer II, Outlaw Run, Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Bizarro @ SFNE, New Texas Giant, Iron Rattler

Looping Poster
    It's been a while since I've chimed in on this thread so here I go.
    My last weigh-in I was 281 (I'm 6'2)--so I've lost 35 pounds since late March. I'd like to be in the mid to upper 260's by the end of July/beginning of August. 235 is my goal by November.

I would like to add that Wes' statement about "if you can ride Alpengeist, you can ride anything in the park" didn't apply to me on one of my visits. On May 22nd, I was able to ride Alpie but got denied on Apollo's. When you pull the restraint down on AC you're supposed to see a red bar on the bottom where the bar is joined in between your legs. On the test seat, I saw most of this bar and tried to ride and that was the case when I tried to ride the coaster. One of the ride ops said I couldn't ride. Since then I can see the red bar in all its glory on the test seat and even though it doesn't appear all the way when I sit down to ride I guess it's good enough, as I was able to ride on Tuesday and today. My upper legs/thighs are huge though anyway so this might not apply to people. I was fine on all the other rides but did need some help on the seatbelts on Griffon and Alpie (on Alpie, I rode the "fat" seat back in May).
    I've been able to ride most of the coasters at KD including Volcano (I needed some help on seatbelt as well), Hurler (this one might be really uncomfortable if your butt is wide), Rebel Yell, Grizzly, Avalanche, Anaconda, Hypersonic (very uncomfortable though), and Italian Job. Haven't ridden Flight of Fear since they got rid of the OTSR's (it was closed on each of my visits this year). Rode Shockwave and Ricochet last summer when I was in the 270's.

As for my diet, I try to eat 5-6 portioned meals a day consisting of turkey, chicken, fish and seafood, lean beef, omelettes (3 egg whites, 1 whole egg), vegetables, wheat bread, fruits, yogurt, Kashi cereals, salads (no creamy dressings), and MetRX and Myoplex meal replacement shakes. I generally avoid adding cheese to stuff. I allow one free/cheat day per week.
    I drink water, Vitamin Water, tea, and diet caffeine-free sodas (I do start off the day with either one Vault Zero or Diet Mountain Dew since I don't drink much coffee).

^ You know it's funny, I had to cut out my one Diet Mt Dew each morning because it was raising my blood pressure, but I can drink sweet tea no problem!

Of course it has sugar, but I don't drink it every day or gallons of it either.
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313 ** Proud Member of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten

Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

I think I will post a picture later today so you guys can see what I look like now so you can see if you think I will fit in anything.

^ Well I hope that's not you in your profile pic.

no but it is a funny picture!

OK hope these guys don't mind me showing this picture since I know you guys have all seen it probably anyway. I mean no harm to this lady nor her friends or anyone that knows her. My point is I think Apolo's at BG is the same as this train (correct me if I am wrong). This lady is a larger lady and she fits. I also saw that she was in line for Dejavu and I guess she rode it. So are you guys larger than this lady or built bigger or what is the deal?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sfogsf07 012.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	143.1 KB 
ID:	15739  

Yeah, Apollo's restraints are exactly the same as Goliath.

One reason she probably fit is that her waist is smaller than her boobs, but it's hard to tell how different people fit on coasters.

I have muscular legs and backside, so that makes everything tighter for me. Whereas if I was the same waist but smaller legs and butt it would be a lot looser.

But no, I'm not bigger than her. I'm a good bit smaller...probably by about 30lbs.

well my wife says I have no butt at all so I think that is a plus for me.

My lord she has her rack "stuffed" into that shirt.

If you have no butt or thighs then B&M hypers shouldn't be an issue for you. If you have a big chest or shoulders then OTSR's might be a problem for you.

Also, as a side note, the Vekoma invertigo and giant invertigo's are very accomidating to people. So, I wouldn't worry about those.

Edit: I just took a look at that picture again and I know two of those people. On the far left is Mike B. and next to him is Bill (aka Gator), I think the other two people are Josh and Brandi (though I don't know them personally). They don't read these boards as far as I know.
    ~Website Admin and Staff Director~

Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator 305

Well this is me. I did a side view because I thought it would be more telling than a front view. I wore white so it would be a clear picture and not black that makes us look a little smaller. Tell me what you think if I will have issues with OTSR. Remember I still have to loose 45lbs or so.

Name:	Side Veiw 07-09-07.JPG 
Views:	222 
Size:	148.9 KB 
ID:	15740  

^ Honestly I think you're good on anything but the Intamin's.

They will probably be the tighest squeeze.

How much smaller for the intamin's?

You look like you will be able to fit just fine. :-)
    ~Website Admin and Staff Director~

Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator 305

I'm curious about Milennium Force and Top Thrill Dragster. I know what I have to do in order to ride and I know that I'll already be ok for it. Someone else though I know is going and I'm concerned forher. Obviously, she's a girl and has her weight in the womanly areas, mainly butt and thighs. She fits on the B&M coasters (invert, hyper, flyer) although I don't know about standup since she hasn't been on one in a while. The hyper was tight but she has lost a few pounds since then.

I read about a measurig test for the seatbelt on Millennium Force that seems to be reasonably accurate or at least a good indicator. Although I think it would be harder to tell for women because of their shape if they're curvy. My legs are fairly straight from the knee to my pelvis so it doesn't matter where I do the measuring test at on my thigh. For her and I'd imagine many curvy women, their thigh can get wider as you go up higher towards their pelvis.

So basically I'm looking for any help or opinions on it pertaining to women on the rides and coasters.
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME
    Favorites: Amusement Park: 1. Cedar Point 2. SFGAm 3. Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1. The Voyage 2. Viper 3. The Boss 4. Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: 1. Millennium Force 2. Top Thrill Dragster 3. Maverick 4. Raging Bull 5. Raptor

I am not a woman but I will tell you I was NO WERE close to fitting in the belt and that was at least 53.5 lbs ago but I would tell her to try the tester seat before she goes in line. That is all the advise I can give her. I hope you have warned her of the issue!

I do want to know if I will have any issues at the 2 parks I will be going to on any ride. I still plan to have 54 more pounds gone but I a little worried with only 7 weeks to go. I got my airline ticket today and I am moving to 6 miles a day walking and I am weighing in this Thursday to check my progress. Let me know what you guys think I am open to everyones opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by coasterlove View Post
    I read about a measurig test for the seatbelt on Millennium Force that seems to be reasonably accurate or at least a good indicator. Although I think it would be harder to tell for women because of their shape if they're curvy. My legs are fairly straight from the knee to my pelvis so it doesn't matter where I do the measuring test at on my thigh. For her and I'd imagine many curvy women, their thigh can get wider as you go up higher towards their pelvis.

So basically I'm looking for any help or opinions on it pertaining to women on the rides and coasters.
    I found the seatbelt test on Millennium and TTD to be very accurate to the train belt size.

The belts came around my hips and thighs more than my stomach. You could basically have a 36 inch waist, but if you're butt and legs are bigger (as in the case of many women), then you might not fit.

I should've taken a pic of the belt to explain, but after my 1st ride, I always locked up my bag (with my camera) before riding it because riding with the fanny pack would've made it harder to fit. Strange thing is that I wore it on TTD my first ride and they still were able to buckle me.

They were very inconsistent as well about the whole "1/2 inch of slack" thing on the belts. I'd say 2/3 of the ops would make you do it, and then some would just buckle the belt and move on (you have to wiggle your belt so that 1/2 inch of slack shows). Why? Who knows. It's a dumb rule if you ask me. It doesn't make it any safer.

I'm all too familiar with the test seat of both MF and TTD as the last few years, I'm always nervous walking up to it to test myself. This year, I know I'm good to go. The problem though with the test seat is that by that point, it's too late. If you don't fit, you don't ride. I'd hope to know before then so we can plan accordingly. For example, myself. I workout and diet so that when the time comes, I know that I'll fit. If I waited till the day of and tried the test seat, it would be pointless. So I'm just trying to get an idea on where we stand.
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME
    Favorites: Amusement Park: 1. Cedar Point 2. SFGAm 3. Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1. The Voyage 2. Viper 3. The Boss 4. Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: 1. Millennium Force 2. Top Thrill Dragster 3. Maverick 4. Raging Bull 5. Raptor

I'm the good looking one Brian F's Avatar
    A town called Big Nothing (Really Big Nothing)
    Maybe this will help. I'm not that fond of photos of myself (pre-quest) but here is myself and two buddies taken just before we hit the road for CP in '04. I'm not sure when the silly new belt rules went into effect, but judging from me (on the right) I can tell you that at that size I fit MF even with the silly 1" slack rule. Mind you, it was just barely, but i never got turned away at that size. I also know that Wade (right) and Rob (center) never got turned away, either. I did, however, see Rob get turned away from Wicked Twister once.

And for whatever it's worth, I was 5'9" (well, I still am, actually) I weighed 260 pounds and wore 38" waist jeans.

And Wes can attest to the fact that I look much better than that these days.

One last thing- the name of the file was NOT my doing!

Name:	3STUDS.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	143.7 KB 
ID:	15742  
    Last edited by Brian F; 07-10-2007 at 02:49 AM.
    ThrillNetwork Lead Moderator
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force or Magnum- tough call.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian F View Post

And Wes can attest to the fact that I look much better than that these days.
    You do? I mean...er...look at the sky!

That doesn't even look like you Brian, except maybe in the face a little.

OK, I am forgetting what Six Flags park had the issue with the big guy and Superman ride of steel? I was thinking about going up there to SFNE but if I won't be able to fit in Superman I will skip it (trying to get my money's worth out of the season pass). Someone let me know please!

^ It was SFNE...and from what everyone says over on TPR, the park sucks anyway (except for Superman).

I've never heard though if they are as tight on the belts there as they are at CP.

Well today was the day to go weigh in again. I have now lost 68.25lbs. I thank God for the will to get out there and do it I give him all the glory! This was a little sad because I had wanted to have lost in the 70's and I was so close. I took today off work and went and hiked for 3 1/2 hours and tonight I have a softball game. I really want to have lost 79 lbs by next week Thursday. I know this is asking for a lot but I am going to try to walk 6 miles in the morning then do weights in the middle of the day then either ride my bike ( I will post a picture for you Wes) or walk again at night. That is about all I can do and leave it in God's hands!

Well you've passed me by 17lbs lost, so you're doing alright!

I had more to get rid of than you!

Yeah, my avatar is my current photo.

I don't know why I picked Flash to have as my avatar, maybe cause they are supposed to be working on the movie for next year...and he's always been one of my favorite super heroes.

Plus he likes speed, and so do I.

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast