Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Too fat to ride!

Yeah, and I think all the trains are standard PTCs, so no problems fitting on any of those.
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313

Proud Mem**r of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

_________ Poster GeorgiaSchorcherfreak's Avatar
    I just found my scales and had some more confidence building. I thought I would weigh around 335-340 instead I got on and it came back 320. Still a long way to go but I am getting more and more confident.
    Always ride each roller-coaster like it may be your last one. You never know when you will get to ride another one. Date of last coaster ride 10-30-2010
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Which ever one I am at or am going to next

Your'e braver than I. I wouldn't even post my weight when I was around 280. But it's just a number I know.

Now if those clouds will go away so I can ride tonight... lol

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

Quote Originally Posted by Wes View Post
    ^ Yeah, this has been a struggle for me as well and I just have to keep praying and keep doing what I'm doing.

I've been on a plateau for the past month and it's very frustrating. But I'm still working out 4-5 times a week and eating what I'm supposed to eat.

Does anyone know where there is a good caloric intake calculator online?

All the ones I found say I should be eating like 2500 calories a day! If I ate that much, I'd gain all 50lbs back!
    How many calories a day would you say that you eat? It might be that you're eating such a relatively low amount of calories that your body is trying to hold on to your weight so to speak. You could try eating the 2,500 calories a day for a week or two while still working out and see what happens. If anything, your weight might stay the same and then when you lower your calories again, you might be able to start dropping the pounds again.

I don't keep an exact track of my calories per day. I try to eat between 5-7 times a day depending on what time I wake up and when I go to sleep as well as my routine that day. A couple of my meals will be fairly small or protein shakes or a meal replacement shake. The other meals will be bigger, high in protein and low to moderate in fat and reasonable in calories. I'd guess that on average, I eat at least 3,000 calories a day up to 4,000 sometimes.

As long as I workout a good 4 times at a high intensity level for an hour and a half to two hours along with being active in other ways including my job, I don't seem to gain any weight and I slowly seem to drop some fat. If I do want to burn more fat, I need to probably drop under 3,000 calories or do more aerobics.
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME
    Favorites: Amusement Park: 1. Cedar Point 2. SFGAm 3. Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1. The Voyage 2. Viper 3. The Boss 4. Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: 1. Millennium Force 2. Top Thrill Dragster 3. Maverick 4. Raging Bull 5. Raptor

Yeah, shes awesome...JUST DEAL slipknot8527's Avatar
    Wes, if you are tryign to lose weight, you need to keep it around 1500 calories. It seems like a lot, but youd be amazed if you kept count how little you need to eat to keep it under that amount. Go to any restaurant, and all the plates are usually 900-1400 calories.
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!
    TAKING THE WORLD BY STORM!!!!!
    "I'm living proof....THAT GIRLS CAN ROCK!!!!!!"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Great American Scream Machine | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

I will be weighing in at about 8 in the morning and will post the results about 9 or so. It has been decided that me and my family (sisters family) will be going to SFOG on 8/1/07 so this will be my first big test with OTSR. I pray I fit!

^^ and ^^^

I normally try and keep my calories between 1500 - 1800 per day. I kinda gage my last meal by how hungry I am or if I am hungry.

I eat 4 small meals before that during the day.

You might be eating too little for weight loss or at least have been doing it for too long. I know that you have been dieting for a while now, your body might be used to the low caloric intake you've been doing. This is why you may hae stalled in losing more weight.

I would suggest to incrwease how much you eat up to 2,000 or even 2,200 caloriesa day for a couple weeks and see what happens. You might gain a pound or two but you can fight that by just increasing your cardio a small amount. Then after a few weeks, your weight should be stable and you could then lower it again and the pounds might start to come off again.

I'm sure you have mentioned somewhere in one of the threads but what activities do you do for excersize? I know you have mentioned bike riding, I was curious what else?
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME
    Favorites: Amusement Park: 1. Cedar Point 2. SFGAm 3. Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1. The Voyage 2. Viper 3. The Boss 4. Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: 1. Millennium Force 2. Top Thrill Dragster 3. Maverick 4. Raging Bull 5. Raptor

Well I am back from the weigh in a little late but here it goes. I was a little disappointed because I only lost 5.25lbs. So far that brings me to 72.5 lost all together. I did the math on my eating for the past week and here is were I went wrong. I only eat 888 cal a day. I only had about 17 fat grams a day. I walked a little over 43.2 miles for the week. The owner of the gym were I weigh in at came in the room and asked how it was going. I told them of my weight loss and she said without a doubt I am eating to little (thats a first). She thinks I should step it up to about 1400 a day for this week and see how it goes. I agree but I believe I will go to 1200 a day. That will put me at 2,184 more calories this week than last. don't get me wrong I am thankful to God for letting me shed 72.5 but a I was really hoping for about 79 lost total by today. Well I will keep trying. I just walked 3.8 miles and tonight I have a softball game at 9:30pm so I think today I will rest eat 1200cal and forgo my walk tonight and have energy for softball.

^ Anything below 1000 calories is way too low...unless you're Paris Hilton's size.

And Mark to answer your question..

Cycling (rolling hills) 5-10 miles 3-4 times a week (depending on the weather). Monday night my legs were shaking after climbing this one really hard hill. lol

Free weights a couple times a week, I regret getting ride of my Soloflex now since it was much better for weight lifting. I want a Bowflex Revolution, but don't have the $2000 right now.

Walk sometimes, but I have to walk more than 30 minutes to get any results, I know it's burning calories...but it doesn't seem to do much for me like cycling does.

Aerobics - If it's nasty outside.

Anything below 1000 calories is way too low...unless you're Paris Hilton's size.

Are you saying I am not?
    I am going to 1400 cal a day for this week. We will see in one week what happens! What do you guys think. Good plan or bad plan?

http://www.webmd.com/diet/tc/Obesity-Treatment-Overview

I found this article on web md and they recommend 1500-1800 calories for most men trying to lose weight.

so maybe I was eating too few, but I'll watch it the next week and shoot for 1800 or a little more and see what happens.

"Reducing calorie intake to 1,200 to 1,500 calories per day for women and 1,500 to 1,800 calories per day for men. Women should not restrict themselves to fewer than 1,000 calories per day and men to fewer than 1,200 calories per day without medical supervision."

I started out at 1200 a day and I felt fine 9 weeks ago. Just so it is understood I cleared this with my doctor first. I then fell below the 1200 cal mark thinking that it would help me do it faster. I felt weaker and weaker as I went on my walks the more I limited my calories. I am doing what I was told to today and I am going up to 1400 a day for a week. I went to the store and bought fish and whole wheat pasta and things like that. I ate 560 cal for lunch and I felt like I was cheating! Anyway Lord willing I will see the improvement on the scales for next week. I am about to go walk and I hope I notice a difference with food in my system.

It was mentioned in this thread so I will ask about it here. What is the seat belt test for MF? How do you do it?

I am your substitute god willski2002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tofattoride View Post
    "Reducing calorie intake to 1,200 to 1,500 calories per day for women and 1,500 to 1,800 calories per day for men. Women should not restrict themselves to fewer than 1,000 calories per day and men to fewer than 1,200 calories per day without medical supervision."

I started out at 1200 a day and I felt fine 9 weeks ago. Just so it is understood I cleared this with my doctor first. I then fell below the 1200 cal mark thinking that it would help me do it faster. I felt weaker and weaker as I went on my walks the more I limited my calories. I am doing what I was told to today and I am going up to 1400 a day for a week. I went to the store and bought fish and whole wheat pasta and things like that. I ate 560 cal for lunch and I felt like I was cheating! Anyway Lord willing I will see the improvement on the scales for next week. I am about to go walk and I hope I notice a difference with food in my system.

Wow, you are a beast! I could never eat that little, I would literally starve. But you do need to eat a certain amount to get your metabolic systems going. You can't burn up fat unless you have enough protein and (most importantly) carbs in your system. The best thing to do for weightloss is to eat a fairly large, healthy breakfast that is high in carbs, and go exercise immediately afterwards. This will help wake you up for the day, as well as getting a lot of metabolic processes started that are essential to weightloss.

Something like:

Bowl of whole grain cereal (I prefer Mini Wheats, but whatever you like)
    Skim milk on the cereal
    Big glass of orange juice
    2 pieces of raisin toast with a butter substitute
    Fruit

And for exercise, you could jog a couple of miles. Really though, the key to losing weight with exercise is high intensity. You can walk on the treadmill or stepclimber all day and it won't do you nearly was much good as if you do 2 or 3 really intense (but short) bursts of exercise. So instead of walking 5 miles, run 3 half mile sprints, and I guarantee you will lose weight faster. Of course, you should always warm-up before you sprint, because injuring yourself wouldn't really help with weightloss.

Personally, I work out two-three times a day depending on which day it is. First, I go to swim practice, where we'll usually do about 2 miles/3500 yards (which isn't bad, during peak training times we'll do over 5 miles/9,000 yards). Then, I go to work from 10-5. After work, I go to the local Y and run 3 miles, bike half a mile easy, then a 1.5 mile all out sprint (builds leg strength and endurance, which helps with swimming), thena 1 mile warmdown on the bike. After that, I'll do ab work on the sit up machine, shoulder press, chest press, and lat pulls. That way, I work every major muscle group in the course of 1.5 hours. On Monday and Wednesday, I'll go to swimming relay practice, which is pretty easy (only 1 mile/1750 yards). But despite all that, I just can't seem to gain much muscle mass-I've only gained about 10 pounds, so I'm now 145.

Best of luck getting on the coasters at SFoG! 72 pounds is an amazing amount of weight to lose, you should be proud of that no matter what! happens.
    Last edited by willski2002; 07-20-2007 at 12:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by PCW Maniac
    What I'm posting is saying how brave I am and that I don't care about rules! If I lose my camera while making a POV, at least I'll lose it for something.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Raven/Legend | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

Thank you. I would disagree with one thing you said. I believe for me it is best to do a good work out in the morning before a eat then as soon as as I come in eat a good breakfast. I know that there is different takes on this but if you have nothing in your system then you have to draw it from some were (stored fat). My work out is this. I go for 3 walks a day on in the morning before I go eat or go to work. (2.8 up and down hills) Then I go in the afternoon and then again at night. This is a new approach and now I am eating a lot more. I am really working this week to be at 80 - 83 lbs lost by the time I weigh in next Thursday.

On another note. I called CP and asked them about there requirements for OTSR. They said for all there rides they recommend a max of 40 inch waist and 52 inch chest. I still want to know from someone what the at home MF test is!

^ That is pretty accurate. 40 inch waist, as long as you don't have really big legs. I don't have a huge chest, so I can't help there.

Quote Originally Posted by tofattoride View Post
    It was mentioned in this thread so I will ask about it here. What is the seat belt test for MF? How do you do it?
    They have a test seat before you go into the queue line for both Millie and Dragster. They are both very accurate I thought for the actual belts on the trains.

Basically if you can't fit the test seat, they won't let you in line.

I had heard that there was a way to test at home but I don't remember what it was.

Wes, if you measure between your nipples around your back and back to the middle how big are you? The other weird thing I don't understand is this. I right now am between a 46 and a 44 waist in pants depending on the cut. When I measure my waist with a tape I am at 49.5 that makes no since to me at all. Anyone have a clue?

Depends on where you measure at, you shouldn't measure your belly but down at your hips. That's where it counts on the belts as well.

I don't have a measuring tape at home either sorry.

Just wondering, Thanks. I have 12 days till I go to SFOG so I pray that all is OK. CP says a 52 in the chest and I am guessing that is standard on most OTSR with a belt between the legs, well I am a 54 inches a small amount of pushing should get me those 2 little inches

Actually the belts on Wicked Twister are on the side, and will probably be more of a problem for you than Raptors belt in the middle.

I'm the good looking one Brian F's Avatar
    A town called Big Nothing (Really Big Nothing)
    There used to be a video of the home seat belt test for MF online. I just searched and searched until I found the link on a site which cannot be named here. The link is no good any more. It now redirects to a site with celebrity pictures from India.
    ThrillNetwork Lead Moderator
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force or Magnum- tough call.

Well bad news I talked to the dad of the kids in are church that are in WI and he has decided to make other arrangements so there goes the trip to MTO. Oh well maybe some other time.

Just to clear this up I am not going to the point this year. I am not sure about the whole SFGA thing and the crowds. BG is a must but I had entertained going to the point instead of SFGA thats why I had called up there. I asked when the local schools go back so I could gage the crowd. You know what I will throw it out there for you guys what would you do? BG then SFGA or Cedar Point. I have been to CP 2 times and both times it has been cold and rained so I only have 5 credits at that park. My friend went to SFGA the other day but didn't ride King da ka because we were going to go on that together for the first time (a little gay but there is a story behind that). But TTD is the same thing so he might go for it. In your opinion what park is better for fat people

I'm the good looking one Brian F's Avatar
    A town called Big Nothing (Really Big Nothing)
    Ok, since you are interested in seeing side views, I'm going to show you what might be the worst side view of me- ever.

Worth noting is that when I looked like that, I was able to fit in Millenium Force. It was a "barely" fit, and I might not have fit some seats, but I never got turned away from anything when I was that big. Also worth noting was that my huge gut was pretty soft, which probably helped somewhat.

I'm the one on the right.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P5073248.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	15748
    ThrillNetwork Lead Moderator
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force or Magnum- tough call.

Thanks. I have to go right now but when I get home I will take a picture of me. I am so thick in the chest. Besides the two coasters MM and TTD I can ride any ride that doesn't have OTSR. I think I will be fine except for those . It is the OTSR I am concerned with.

A Great Guy...Really jimhamblin's Avatar
    It's been a while since I've monitered this thread.

tofattoride - I hope all is going well for you and you are progressing toward your goal. We are all looking forward to seeing you out at the parks.

Be sure to let us know when you do.
    Jim says; "The Potential energy of the system at the height of the lift hill is equal to the Kinetic energy at the bottom of the hill...."
    Jim's friends say; "Just shut up and ride it would you."
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure - Universal Orlando | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Voyage - Holiday World | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force - Cedar point

Thanks, 72.5 down and 35.5 to go.

I am so sick of walking the same path I have decided to find a new route this week before I stop doing it. 6 laps looking at the same thing gets old.

Well SFOG in 8 days. Here is this weeks side view! Will I fit in OTSR? Your opinion PLEASE.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Side Veiw 07-24-07.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	28.3 KB 
ID:	15753  

^ I think you will. Batman will be tight, but you should probably fit ok.

Hope you fit ok on Goliath, it's my favorite steel coaster! Batman will probably be the tighest, next Georgia Scorcher, then Goliath. Strange how they're all Beemers. lol

But, they are the older style of B&M's, so they will be tight, but I have seen bigger people fit on those. Just suck it in, if necessary. heh.

Have fun!
    ~Website Admin and Staff Director~

Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator 305

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast