Thread: Anyone interested in setting up a TN coaster event

Anyone interested in setting up a TN coaster event

Excuse me if I'm wrong but I haven't noticed any coaster events that are just TN. Last weekend I did a fall event with another club and had a great time. ERT on Raven, Legend, and Voyage after the park closed was awesome. I think TN could have a great turnout at several parks...Anyone interested...
    Intimidator 305 the tallest, most hated coaster nobody has ridden...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

Resident Haunt Fanatic Woodie4-07's Avatar
    Yeah that'd be fun, but don't forget that it's going to be offseason very soon. . .
    I love the idea though. I wouldn't mind a couple events. *Cough Valleyfair*
    Your leading source to Valleyfair!
    HAUNT - MCBS ~ BCC - CACI ~ MA - CE ~ HSF ~ CDD - 2010
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Knott's Berry Farms | Wooden Roller Coaster: Renegade | Steel Roller Coaster: Xcelerator

on Earth, but I'm moving when I finish College
    I would gladly go to a KW one.

Maybe even a CP or Hershey one, depending on when it is.
    "So tell me, what IS plagiarism?"
    "uhhhh... Illegal?"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: BGE | Wooden Roller Coaster: Jackrabbit | Steel Roller Coaster: Maverick

Rollercoaster Trip VI Poster! GaleRazorwind's Avatar
    *cough cough greatest rollercoaster trip cough**
    ^EL TORO^ RULES!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

Need a cough drop? A good quarter of us are SFGADV east coast area homies. Kennywood and HP may actually be good middle ground.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

Inverted Tophat Poster coasterdude28's Avatar
    I would definately make an attempt to go to a meet up at Gadv next year. That would be fun.
    Batman and Robin: The Chiller
    1997 - 2007
    Favorites: Amusement Park: safadsg

Hell I even have the TN oval sticker on the car for the home SFGADV visits
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

Teh Band
    I could have sworn a topic like this has come up before, and then I said that I don't really care to meet any of you - new thread, same belief

Rollercoaster Trip VI Poster! GaleRazorwind's Avatar
    HP and Gadv are included in my trip plans. They are basically the mid point. When I figure out the exact dates I will post them up here on TN.
    ^EL TORO^ RULES!!!

Actually I was looking at something along the lines of this, An event is set up for a park at such and such a date for next year. Everyone who is interested sends in their application and any $ involved to whoever sets this up. Then everyone in the group gets ERT at a park for a certain ride or 2, either dinner or lunch is included and free beverages all day. I will give an example of a trip I am doing on October 20th. We meet at CP @ 9:00 to get our tickets, and everyone receives a souvenier cup that entitles them to free refills all day the park opens at 9:30 just for us, (we are looking at 100-200 people) at 10:00 we get ERT on Maverick and Skyhawk. The park opens for hotel guests at 11:00 then the GP at 12:00. 4:00 P.M. we have dinner ...I would love to do a few of these next year at different parks. Maybe a moderator could add a poll to this thread and at the end of the year we could see about setting one up at a few of these parks. I do have to say that Holiday World should be one of these trips as Voyage at night is insane...

Do you know how much ERT like that would cost? Have any of you contacted any park to ask about having a group of whatever size doing said ERT and food?

Also, most of the time they don't give groups like ThrillNetwork (that is NOT a coaster club either) a deal. Yeah they want us to go, but you really have to pay out of pocket up and beyond your ticket prices.

You can have just as much fun with a group of 50-100 people without ERT.

Holiday World you can just set up meeting places during Holiwood Nights. One of the few times you will get insane Voyage night rides.

Not being rude, just hope you all know what you are getting into by planning such an event.
    ~Website Admin and Staff Director~

Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator 305

Quote Originally Posted by CHILLERLC1 View Post
    Need a cough drop? A good quarter of us are SFGADV east coast area homies. Kennywood and HP may actually be good middle ground.
    REPRESENTIN THE EAST COAST!!

Anyway, I think it sound like a fun event, I've always wondered why TN doesn't do park events.

Brooklyn Center, Minnesota, United States
    Most of you think the parks just give clubs ERT. The clubs pay the park money to get ERT. It costs the park to have its staff come in early to run rides and also costs them money in the maintenance side of it. Running a coaster 2 hours before the park opens puts 2 more hours of wear on the parts. It would be nice to see TN do an event but I don't think they would want to pay the amount of money needed just for one event.

Originally known as Topdrag; Coaster Count: 309 Renegade Count: 846
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Europe | Wooden Roller Coaster: Boulder Dash | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: Ride of Steel (SFNE)

I will ask the person setting these up for the other group how this works and the cost involved. I do know there is an annual fee to be in this club. but it isn't alot and couldn't cover too much of the costs...

I would be very interested in a meetup with or without ERT. I don't have too many friends who like coasters, and whenever I ask other people at parks, they have no clue what I'm talking about. We could do a meetup at an official park event, which I've unfortunately only been to one.
    Thrillnetwork Database Lead Editor (formerly coasterb)

Don't forget to log your rides in the database!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ravine Flyer II | Steel Roller Coaster: Diamondback

I talked to Paula at Holiday world and she said that TN is associated with Coaster Crew. Is this right? anyway I will find out what it takes to set these things up in about 2 weeks as I am doing an event at CP with ERT and will ask the person who set it up. Paula does suggest doing Holliwood nights next year with another group. ERT on Voyage at night is awesome.

I'm the good looking one Steven's Avatar
    TN is not associated with Coaster Crew, nor do I suggest joining them.

I'm looking into this, and seeing what we can possibly do. I don't want to say we can do a coaster event, but yet I don't want to say we can't, either, until
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum

Quote Originally Posted by raser View Post
    I talked to Paula at Holiday world and she said that TN is associated with Coaster Crew.
    Actually, that's not what I said.

Here's a direct quote from my email reply to you:

>>There’s a list of our partner clubs here: www.holidayworld.com/clubs. Coaster Crew used to be affiliated with Thrillnetwork; is that no longer the case?

To hold or attend an enthusiast event at Holiday World, you do need to be a card-carrying member of one of our partner clubs. Again, I'd recommend HoliWood Nights for lots of in-the-dark ERT.

Thanks, Paula
    Paula Werne
    Director of Public Relations
    Holiday World & Splashin' Safari
    HoliBlog: HoliBlog
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World & Splashin' Safari Wooden Roller Coaster: The Raven

I have Steelers fever rckrazy06's Avatar
    I wouls be really intested in a meet-up, but my perents are really strict and probably won't let considering I don't personally know any of you. Maybe a Kennywood one, but thats it.
    LETS GO BUCS!!!!!!

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro - Six Flags Great Adventure | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force - Cedar Point

Sorry Paula for mis quoting you. I will watch this closer in the future. I am a member of the group that visited a couple of weeks ago and we had a blast and that is why I brought this up here as I know alot of the people here would absolutely love an experience similar to the aforementioned trip...And yes as I stated my family will be going to Holliwood nights next year...
    Last edited by raser; 10-10-2007 at 11:35 PM.