Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is next for the Point?

Looping Poster
    Well, though the current season hasn't started yet (only 3 more days baby!), I myself am already wondering what Cedar Point will be up to next year (and the following years after that)... however, since I don't have any hardcore contacts within the park, I don't have any clue what's coming (excepting of course what truth there might be in some of the rumors that have been sent in to this fine site).
    <BR>
    <BR>That said, here's what I would really like to see:
    <BR>
    <BR>1. A CCI Woodie like Ghostrider
    <BR>2. An insane record-breaking Thrust Air
    <BR>3. A setpoint seizmic (sp?)
    <BR>4. An Arrowbatic
    <BR>
    <BR>_________________
    <BR>VorTeX
    <BR>Cedar Point Season Pass Holder
    <BR>
    <BR>I believe in life BEFORE death.
    <BR>
    <BR>A society without religion is like a crazed psycopath without a loaded .45
    <BR>
    <BR>Got Questions?
    <BR><!-- BBCode auto-link start --><a href="http://www.fallentree.org" target="_blank">http://www.fallentree.org</a><!-- BBCode auto-link end --><BR><BR><font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: boardadmin on 2001-07-14 16:46 ]</font>

ive heard that S+S is making a 110mph thrust air for the point. but then again, ive heard tons of thing about what they are going to put in.

i am pretty sure it will be a lauched coaster of some type. of the 14 coasters at the park, not one of them has a launch. i have a feeling we will see a S+S or premeir coaster at CP very soon. if not a launched it could be a siezmic or a 4th dimension
    "remember, the enemy's gate is down"
    <BR>
    <BR>98 precent of you have no clue what i'm talking about

Corkscrew Poster
    I deffinitly see a TA2K, their foot prints are narrow yet provide a lot of excitement. It's the best combination for CP at this point in time.

I've heard their going to move the park entrance down further and expand off of the point.

TA2K,is more than likely coming.Call em' and ask em'.I forget the number,but look it up in rcdb.
    <BR>
    <BR>And what is a Seizmic?
    Check out Alien! @ Badnitrus.Danimation.com

I love the concept of a boardwalk near the old Oceanarium. I would like to see a cool Coney Island type woodie there. A multi-level parking structure could free up some parking lot space for expansion. I would love to see an Arrow 4-D coaster.

I totally see a TA2K comming in 2002!!! Then MM beating them again with an even bigger TA2K hahaha. I love MM and CP both so I think that CP will get a TA2K first and MM will get the 4D (obviously) then MM will get a TA2K and CP will get a huge 4D in 2003 or 04.

I think that CP will most likely get a TA2K next year, however I think it's a mistake. They should get some kind of laucnched looper. Because they don't have a launched coaster and they only have 3 loopers.
    I don't feel like manually adding my Track Record, so I'm just going to tell you it's 228.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: SROS@SFNE

I also think it will be a launched/shuttle coaster. All of the coasters are full circut coasters, and I think they should get some type of shuttle coaster. And the same with launched too, there are no launched coasters in the park, so why not combine the two to make one original coaster?
    CoasterDude04- The original "CoasterDude"

Hey I am workin at Cedar Point as a ride host on Mantis so I will keep you all informed the first instant I hear anything
    <BR>
    <BR>
    <BR>

Cedar Point has to buy one more coaster from Arrow Dynamics by 2004 on their 15 year contract they signed when they built Magnum in 1989. There is also talk about a cliffhanger coaster built by vekoma (to download the video go to <!-- BBCode auto-link start --><a href="http://www.vekoma.com/productshowcase/cliff/cliffkeuze.html" target="_blank">http://www.vekoma.com/productshowcase/cliff/cliffkeuze.html</a><!-- BBCode auto-link end --> ) A prototype is being built in Taiwan right now and if it works Cedar Point is almost certain to get one.

New Mexico Rattler Poster BryanWood's Avatar
    I would like to see one of these:
    <BR>A CCI wood with great airtime
    <BR>A 4D Arrow coaster
    <BR>A Launched B&M Floorless like Hulk at IOA
    <BR>
    <BR>BTW, X-Flight: Check out the thrillride.com main page, click on special features then Designer Profiles. Then click on Setpoint. It has a description and a tasty drawing of the Seizmic.<BR><BR><font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BryanWood on 2001-05-04 15:40 ]</font>

Looping Poster
    From what I've heard about Hypersonic so far, I hope they don't get one. I'd prefer a unique, reliable CCI woodie.
    Coaster count - 327
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: Ride of Steel, SFNE

New Mexico Rattler Poster BryanWood's Avatar
    What bad things have you heard about Hypersonic, besides the long queue wait?

CP NEEDS an out and back perimeter(surrounding the edges of the park)Intamin record breaking hyperwoodie with MASSIVE airtime like Colossos(Germany NOT SFMM's OVERBRAKED racer)and ZERO trim brakes!!!
    PINK FLOYD FANATIC-Woodies are man's GREATEST inventions!!!

I don't think that CP is gonna build any prototype rides(ta2k,4d)until the ones that are running now have worked out all the kinks. Thrust air is is having plenty of problems and 4d hasn't even been built yet. I would like to see them get a gci or cci like lightning racer. A big fast dueling woodie would be good for capacity and just what CP needs, a good woodie.
    Thank you for flying the phoenix!

Looping Poster
    Thank you Steve. That was exactly what I was trying to get at in my previous post. I'll be more specific next time. From what I have read about people's personal experience with Hypersonic, it sounds like the thing is down more than it's up and X (4d) construction has been delayed. CP likes products that aren't going to have a lot of down time after they open. That's why I think a nice CCI along the shore would be an excellent addition to the park. Let's not forget what Dick Kinzel said about Ghostrider, "every park should have one of these."
    Coaster count - 327
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: Ride of Steel, SFNE

I would like to see a TA2K, and i liked the rumor that said it was going to jut out into the lake, now that would add to the thrill. A launched looper would be nice (i'd like to see it top the hulk, good luck CP)
    i came all the way to CP and rode THAT MFer.
    <BR>
    <BR>everyone IM me on AOL i need to talk to someone about coasters. All of my friends hate 'em.

TA2K seems to be the most prevelant rumor for CP. If they do build one I think it needs to shatter some more records. 110 mph over 400 ft high. S & S has said that they are ready to build one of this size. They are already building one supposedly at or near 400 ft and over 100 mph in Japan. So if CP gets one and breaks the record and adds alot more to the layout than Hypersonic has, I'am all for it. If it doesnt break any records I think it was a mistake.
    <BR>
    <BR>I think CP should build a CCI wooden coaster if they aren't going for records. Something similiar to the old CP Cyclone.
    <BR>
    <BR><BR><BR><font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CP Twister on 2001-05-05 00:21 ]</font>

Why would Cedar Point build a Thrust Air already?? People still haven't gotten over MF yet, half of the people I know here in Ohio haven't even ridden it yet, why steal it's thunder by outdoing it already? That's bad business...the thing IMO is still brand new.
    -Clarkbar

I remember seeing Stan Checketts on TV once saying that he wanted to build a TA2K that is over 400 ft and 100 mph and could do it easily. Maybe CP will be that park abd I also don't think that it would be that hard for S&S to build the worlds largest loop in that coaster either. I would love to see an Arrowbatic Extreme there sometime in the future.

well i dought that CP will get a thrust air 2k or a 4d CP is known for there originality,and not copying. I would expect a beemer maybe even a flying dutchman something that is a worlds first.
    <BR>
    <BR>
    <BR>
    <BR>------------------
    <BR>I WANNA GET OFF NOW

Giga Poster
    If you look carefully at CP's inventory, it lacks two things.
    <BR>
    <BR>First, a very popular big woodie, the quality of Ghostrider, Raven or Shivering Timbers. Probably by CCI or GCI. Mean Streak and Blue Streak aren't enough.
    <BR>
    <BR>Second, a sit-down (can be floorless too) multilooper, a big one, either equivalent to Kumba or Monte Makaya. Corkscrew may be revolution at one time, but that's too long ago.

i also heard a rumor awhile back saying that CP was thinkin of putting in a HYPER flying dutchman, how nuts would that be???
    <BR>
    <BR>this is just a thought but who thinks a HYPER ultra twister would be cool?
    <BR>
    <BR>
    <BR>
    <BR>--------------------------------------------- ME on Gemini: "Dude this is gonna suck..whooa whooooaaa!!!!

Strata Poster
    From the way cedar point is going they are way over due for an upside down coaster.
    <BR>They only have
    <BR>Raptor
    <BR>Mantis
    <BR>Corkscrew

There have been several business which have gone under, (or been bought out), and sit empty towards the beginning of the causeway. Rumor has it, that Cedar Fair is quietly buying up these properties one at a time for a major expansion which may be in the works. One school of thought has the parking lot being removed from the peninsula altogether and moved to the main land. Using either a combination of Monorail and busses, or just a monorail/train system to ferry people to and from the park. This would open up the front of the park from the gates to the old employee dorms. Which gives CP more than enough room to expand in the coming years. Building something back between the Mean Streak and Gemini is probably not gonna happen, as much of that space is already being used by the camping, hotels and resort parking.
    <BR>
    <BR>This would be a major expansion which would take several seasons to complete. It makes more sense, IMO, to see them start by fixing up the new Giant Wheel Midway, which is now very sparse and in need of upgrading. Flat rides a wild mouse, and perhaps a Mini Millenium force could fit in there nicely.
    <BR>
    <BR>

<BR>I doubt CP would get a shuttle coaster, I don't think the consider them true coasters.
    <BR>
    <BR>And the last rumor I heard was that they werte gonna build up land around the lake somewhere

Heartline Poster
    A nice CCI like Shivering Timbers would be good.
    <BR>
    <BR>I just had an idea. A coaster longer than ST, that goes out over the lake. I know it would be VERY hard to build, but it would be cool.
    <BR>
    <BR>But I believe that, regardless of what they need, CP is getting a TA2K.
    <BR>

Strata Poster
    From the fact that every one of cedar points coasters have broken records i doubt Cedar Point will get a TA2K because it won't be that big of a deal that they broke a record over one of it's kind. I'd say Hyper Woodie,mayby flying Dutchman,LIM Launching coasterk, B&M sit down, Verticle,or floorless

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast