Thread: Please look into the clock of the server

Upsidedown Rider Johnny Upsidedown's Avatar

Please look into the clock of the server

Hi TN>
    Please adjust the time on the server as it seems to be an hour behind the current time. I have noticed that since the time change all the posts are an hour a head of the current time. Can you at least look into it. J>
    Johnny Upsidedown's Roller Coaster Website
    www.Johnnyupsidedown.com
    Stop by and take a look at lots of coaster photos, construction and trip reports.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Tampa | Wooden Roller Coaster: Kentucky Rumbler | Steel Roller Coaster: MF, Montu

I had the same problem, I just went into my account settings and turned the Daylight Savings Corrections to always off.

I was going to do that but that would mean that everybody who is a member would have to do the same...
    So if that is the solution can we as memebers get a post from staff that you need to do this to fix a porblem or can staff update the server so that we as the members dont have to solve the problem. I went and looked for a simple solution as you discribe as in change the settings, but seems I didnt have any luck which is why I posted about it.
    www.Johnnyupsidedown.com
    Stop by and take a look at lots of coaster photos, construction and trip reports.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Tampa | Wooden Roller Coaster: Kentucky Rumbler | Steel Roller Coaster: MF, Montu

^As the second moderator to post, I also went in and <gasp> changed my settings.

It is really not that big of a deal.
    Ask me why I say Banshee is NOT the new Kings Island coaster.
    Be sure to check out Speedzone as I have made 11 additions.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, circa 1989 | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (CP) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force (CP), never been on Drachen Fire

Thanks, but as usuall instead of posting how to fix things we as members get basically told fix it your self, I posted this because I looked for the settings and didnt find anything that pertained to fixing the problem.. So in typical TN forum you would rather make fun of somebody asking a question to a problem they are having on the forums. Thanks anyway, I will just go on and disregard the fact that I post something an hour before I post it. Thanks as always.
    J>
    www.Johnnyupsidedown.com

^NO I'm not making fun. I make the change every year and don't make a big deal out of it because there is no big deal about it. I do it on every other forum I'm a member at.

DEAL WITH IT.
    Ask me why I say Banshee is NOT the new Kings Island coaster.
    Be sure to check out Speedzone as I have made 11 additions.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, circa 1989 | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (CP) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force (CP), never been on Drachen Fire

I'm the good looking one Steven's Avatar
    Sorry about the problem, and I apologize for the posts and the lack of apparent help. By the way, this should go into general questions. I've also reopened this.

I had the same problem, and I always verify the server time directly on the server. By default, the server is set to Eastern Standard Time, an makes the time shift appropriately. The forum software is also set the same way. The server time is always correct, and in fact makes regular contact with the atomic clock server in Boulder Colorodo to keep it in sync.

The solution that worked for me was to turn the automatic adjustment for DST off, refresh, then turn it back on. Failing that, clear your cookies... as the cookies from our website happen to store your timezone settings and all. The displayed time at the bottom is determined from reading that cookie's timezone setting, and adjusting it according to your DST settings using javascript. The life of the cookie is about 2 weeks, and it doesn't necessarily auto-adjust just like that as a result.

Having a server-wide adjustment is impossible given that 1) I'd throw the server time off, and 2) everyone else has different timezone and DST settings, which would make the problem far worse. The solution I presented is the best possible one.

Below is a shot of the server time, the time at the bottom, and the clock on my computer (my computer and account settings are set for Central Time).

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	date time settings.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	16429  
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum