Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Freestyle Music Park: Prev. Hard Rock Park

I'm not sure what I'm doing Memorial Day Weekend since I have off the second week of June. Hopefully they're back and I'll change my plans again. I care about Maximum RPM not so much Slippery When Wet. I need HRP, FK, Carowinds, Griffon, Trimpers in that corridor.
    Last edited by Leo C; 02-18-2009 at 10:22 AM.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

Hats for (Carousel)Horses Racer's Avatar
    I guess the next question is will it keep the Hard Rock name?
    ThrillNetwork SpeedZone Editor and unofficial DB Editor
    Please stand with your feet flat on the... stand up.. no- why are you sitting??? STAND UP ON THE GEORGIA SCORCHER!!!
    2014 Coaster Draft: Leviathan, Banshee, Alpengeist, Aftershock, GoldStriker, DareDevilDive, GeorgiaScorcher, Tatsu, SheiKra
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath(SFOG)

Ultra Poster
    Right now the answer is no. HR refused to allow the naming rights to be transferred in the sale.
    Michael C
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Canobie Lake Park Salom NH | Wooden Roller Coaster: Yankie Canonball Canobie lake park Salom NH | Steel Roller Coaster: Ming Bender SFOG

I am totally making attempt number 2...

Attempt number 1 was made a week and half after they closed, because I had booked the trip 2 weeks earlier...
    My Coaster Videos
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

^^ According to the article I just posted in the news section, they are going to keep the Hard Rock name. Now I don't know about the ride names, the HR they are trying to keep.
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313 ** Proud Member of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten

Vote For Royaland of NASCAR in the 2014 Coaster Draft!

Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

Intimidating Poster! Carowinds 73-03's Avatar
    Awesome news. I'll get to visit the park again.

Now i just wish they would drop the Hard Rock name.

The name made me excited about the place 2 years ago. I want it to stay if they can affordably have it.
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

This is great. Now I will get a chance to go next time I'm in Myrtle Beach.
    Please stand with your feet flat on the... stand up.. no- why are you sitting??? STAND UP ON THE GEORGIA SCORCHER!!!
    2014 Coaster Draft: Leviathan, Banshee, Alpengeist, Aftershock, GoldStriker, DareDevilDive, GeorgiaScorcher, Tatsu, SheiKra
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath(SFOG)

I would be lucky a second time if they keep the Hard Rock name. I have a Hard Rock Orlando pin with a rollercoaster on it, a San Diego peace sign HR shirt I bought in consignment, a HR London leather key chain on my keys. If they reopen with the name I will get a pin, keychain possibly a shirt the least. The coasters are the extra spin on this that I like.

Ultra Poster
    It's funny seeing reports coming out. there all confirm things that all of us have complained and commented about since the park closed. I'm sure we will see steady news reports about what names they will keep and what they will add or subtract. Media can be a great tool for getting the word out and free advertising is always good.
    Michael C
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Canobie Lake Park Salom NH | Wooden Roller Coaster: Yankie Canonball Canobie lake park Salom NH | Steel Roller Coaster: Ming Bender SFOG

Hopefully they made it in time for a regional travel brochure at least for this year.

Carowinds/HRP South Carolina JEdMc91's Avatar
    Starting Monday the gates to Hard Rock Park will open again to former employees trying to get their old jobs back.
    A spokesperson for the new ownership says former park employees can visit http://www.careerbuilder.com and enter FPI Myrtle Beach in the keyword search to apply online. Or they will accept applications at the park recruitment center (formerly the Back Stage Tour building) from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
    Applications will be accepted daily after Monday, and about 2 weeks later they will begin taking applications from people hoping to be first-time park employees, according to the spokesperson

Ultra Poster
    Hiring is always good to hear about. means that opening is not far away. Good move looking for previous employees. They already know the attractions. same some training time.
    Michael C

Intimidator Ride Count - 313 ** Proud Member of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten

Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

I read that. The language about the park name makes it still iffy.

Hopefully if they do have to drop the name(s) they won't go the Cedar Fair way...

White Roller Coaster -The Ride!

Six Flags might sue then for the "!"trademark. The name might have to change after a year if they make it.

I don't see them keeping the HRP name unless they can get the liscenc for a reasonable price.

I thought it would be a miracle if the price came down for it and the name works out as much as I want it. Maybe they could name it "Walmart Music Section" with a sponsership by W-mart.

A customer I know that I talked to about Myrtle Beach for the last few years said this might be the first year in like 20 she would not go to MB with her family. Her daughter's soccer traveling will take precedent. I've basically updated her with Pavilion/HRP information the last few years. Last year she told me when she was down there with the family they avoided HRP because of the price.
    Last edited by Leo C; 03-03-2009 at 08:42 PM.

Ultra Poster
    Ya but then the rides would be edited for content leaving them as watered down empty versions of what they were meant to be.
    Michael C

^your Walmart take on edited albums haha.

I guess they can't get the Miley Cyrus Experience as well. Slipknot would have loved that.

By Thema Ponton
    WBTW News 13 Reporter
    Published: March 5, 2009

Steve Baker, president and Chief Operating Officer of Baker Leisure Group took News13 on a tour behind the scenes of the yet to be name theme park in Myrtle Beach.
    Baker said May 23rd is the date investors hope to open the doors of the former Hard Rock Park. Former, because Baker said what to call the park is still up in the air.

“We’re bringing people on everyday, not a lot yet because we’re not quite ready to bring on a lot of employees, but we soon will be, this is a day by day, week by week thing.“ Baker said.
    Baker adds, they’re not going to make a lot of changes, because the park’s in great shape. For now, they’re working to spruce it up and make slight changes, like adding a children’s area. “We’re going to try and make the park a little more family friendly and we’re going to put in a lot of live entertainment.” Baker said they also plan to stick with the music theme. Investors would also like to keep the popular Led Zeppelin roller coaster, but are still working out the business side of things, like naming rights.
    “We’ll spend the summer with what we have, what we open with and we’re going to improve some of the rides, we’re gonna change a couple of rides and add the children’s area that I said, but nothing major until next year.“ Baker said.
    Baker also said they are still working out a lot of the economics of the park, but do plan to charge a lesser fee than previous entry fees.

Leo you bring up a good idea.

Why doesn't Six Flags have a giant iTunes store in the park where you can buy music for your iPod which 1/2 the teens roam around listening to now? lol

I'm surprised they haven't thought to do that. And they could have the rights to the file sent to your email or something so you could transfer it to your PC/laptop.

I wonder which rides will be changed.

I just hope they keep the music on Zep and Eagles. Otherwise they can probably change most of the others.

Maximum RPM, Slippery and the other coaster should be fine too, since they're not themed to a particular band.

I'm quite eager to find the results of the name rights securing effort. Already I'm rationalizing the drive.

Ultra Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo C View Post
    I'm quite eager to find the results of the name rights securing effort. Already I'm rationalizing the drive.
    I think the names on the rides are likely reasonable. The Hard Rock title was the costly one. I'm sure they will announce the names that will stay as they are signed. Though I could care less if they drop the eagles
    Michael C

Screamscape stated that HRP was planning on adding 4-6 children rides for the upcoming season, but one ride will be going, Nights in White Satin.

Here is the article
    from Screamscape

According to an article in my local paper the new owners are still hard at work trying to determine if they will be keeping the Hard Rock Park brand name or if they will have to change it. It did mention that they really didn’t plan on changing too much about the park itself, and were looking into what options they had for keeping the Led Zeppelin soundtrack and name no matter what as they felt that it was really an icon attraction for the park. They plan on adding 4-6 off-the-shelf kiddie rides in an undisclosed location that will be put together into “a new section of families”. Fans of the Moody Blues: Nights in White Satin dark ride however can start to cry because they did state that ride will definitely be going in an effort to make the park more “family friendly”. If I had to guess, while the ride will be closed this season, I’d bet money they’ll be hiring someone (Sally Corp. more than likely since they did the first version) to give the ride an extreme make-over and open it with an all new look next year.
    Otherwise they do plan on holding a series of concerts at the park this season as well, broadening the appeal from the 60-70’s music seen last year to include Christian and Blues concerts in addition to Rock ‘ Roll. At this time they don’t have a line up to announce just yet.

Ultra Poster
    No more Moody Blues! Well that's one less reason to Visit the park. It was easily the attraction that most attracted me to want to visit the park some day. Right now HRP really dropped on my To do list.
    Michael C

The Moody Blues don't mean as much to me as they do my father but I'd want to do it because it's a Sally Ride and I want to see something weird.

Now that I've seen the Youtube video I do know the song. If I was a kid I'd be bugging to get off as there are no laser games. That ride looks cool for adults though.
    Last edited by Leo C; 03-16-2009 at 12:27 AM.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast