Thread: PKD Wild Mouse in 2002

Looping Poster
    I thought this deserved a new thread, since the other is about a Hypercoaster, and this is about a Wild Mouse...so mods, dont close this. Thanks!
    <BR>
    <BR>Ok, I have confirmed this...100% positive. Kings Dominion is getting a Wild Mouse in 2002. Ok, heres how I figured this out.
    <BR>
    <BR>I had been watching the construction beside Hurler and Rebel Yell VERY closely the past few weeks, and when I went last night, I noticed 2 large circular footers placed in the ground, one behind Hurler, and one by the Rebel Yell line. They had the area around it roped off, with more construction epuipment than before there...a small crane, 2 bulldozers, a dumptruck, a steamroller, and about 4 trucks going in and out of the area.
    <BR>
    <BR>Ok, well when I noticed the footers, I walked up the Rebel Yell line again to get a really good look at it. And I noticed writing on it, and only made out the word 'construction' but I knew it said more. Then when I went back a third time, I made out what all the words said...
    <BR>
    <BR>'Construction / Wild Mouse 2002'
    <BR>
    <BR>Sooo, that would mean PKD is getting a Wild Mouse coaster in 2002!
    ***PKD 2003***
    1) Drop Tower??
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Paramounts Kings Dominion | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Volcano: The Blast Coaster

Corkscrew Poster
    Carowinds is also getting a wild mouse ride in 2002, called richochet.
    Why must everyone pick on Carowinds?
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunder Road. | Steel Roller Coaster: Apollo's Chariot

Looping Poster
    Hmmm...interesting. I hope their not clones. But I think Carowinds deserves a large ride. PKDs just getting this cuz its their normal coaster off-season, but it still sounds like fun!
    ***PKD 2003***
    1) Drop Tower??
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Paramounts Kings Dominion | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Volcano: The Blast Coaster

Minetrain Poster
    PGA has Psycho Mouse, an Arrow Wild Mouse. It looks like most of the Paramount parks will be getting one then. PGA's has a trick-track at the end that is completely useless.
    No Lapbar, No Seatbelt, No Problem!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: SFMM | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider | Steel Roller Coaster: Medusa (West)

Suspended-No Email
    I'll accept a wild mouse. Its not a hyper or giga, but I'm fine with it because PKD knows whats best. They will get a giga one day... just not any of the days in 2002.

LOOK TO THE FUTURE!

Ultra Poster
    Aw, I was really hoping for that coaster to be a hypercoaster. Oh well, a wild mouse coaster doesn't seem all that bad. They're pretty fun! I love Wild Mouse at Hersheypark (especially at night) because it overlooks a bunch of lights. I mean that area of the park just comes alive with lots of midway lights at night. I love it! It feels really magical and nostalgic.

Looping Poster
    Well I hope it isnt a clone... it COULD be an arrowbatic wild mouse....

Wooden Poster
    darn hoping for giga or hyper,but i like wild mouses,no reason to go to PKD in 2002,damn,come on CP dont disapoint

Wooden Poster
    Wild Mouse coasters are alot of fun if they are not braked to death cough***Dorney***cough. If they are run at full throttle like Hershey's they are pretty damn scary and alot of fun.

I always figured PKD would put a Mouse where Shockwave is when they finally rip it down since there was a Galaxy there before Shockwave, and the rides use up about the same amount of space for their footprint.

The only thing that bothers me about the original post is I find it hard to believe that the park would let something like construction 2002 wildmouse be marked on anything the public would see until it is officially announced. Could happen I guess, just seems strange.
    If it's a coaster and it works I'll ride it
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Hersheypark | Wooden Roller Coaster: Wildcat - Hersheypark | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman SFNE