Thread: SFOG Re-creations(Continued)

Hats for (Carousel)Horses Racer's Avatar

SFOG Re-creations(Continued)

The continuation of the previous thread, the rest of my SFOG recreations will be released here.

I can't release SFOG as it was in 1976 until the SpeedZone comes back. Next up is 1968, then 1967, and after that I will release a very special edition of Six Flags Over Georgia.
    ThrillNetwork SpeedZone Editor and unofficial DB Editor
    Please stand with your feet flat on the... stand up.. no- why are you sitting??? STAND UP ON THE GEORGIA SCORCHER!!!
    2014 Coaster Draft: Leviathan, Banshee, Alpengeist, Aftershock, GoldStriker, DareDevilDive, GeorgiaScorcher, Tatsu, SheiKra
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath(SFOG)

I haven't been able to post any updates recently due to the fact that I have been busy the past couple of weeks and I recently got a new computer and am currently working to transfer files.

Here is a link to the old thread to see previous progress:
    http://www.thrillnetwork.com/boards/...ions-rct2.html
    Last edited by Racer; 08-08-2009 at 10:55 PM.
    Please stand with your feet flat on the... stand up.. no- why are you sitting??? STAND UP ON THE GEORGIA SCORCHER!!!
    2014 Coaster Draft: Leviathan, Banshee, Alpengeist, Aftershock, GoldStriker, DareDevilDive, GeorgiaScorcher, Tatsu, SheiKra
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath(SFOG)

It's been a while since I've updated this. First of all, I have decided to start over with my re-creation. My hopes are that this one will be more accurate and more up-to date as I plan to continue with my time-travelling series to expand into more recent years(2007,08,09,10), as well as well as continuing with pre-2006.

I will do my best to try to update my progress regularly, as I previously did, but since I am currently working on several RCT2 projects, I can't guarantee it.

Here are screenshots of the entrance. The entrance almost looks the same as it did in the previous version, except with several changes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SFOG Entrance.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	122.1 KB 
ID:	16872   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SFOG Entrance 2.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	136.4 KB 
ID:	16873  

Now that the SpeedZone is back, and I have a little more time to start working in RCT2 again, I must first announce that I am once again start over on my SFOG re-creation. I am working to make this re-creation more accurate than the previous versions, and I am working on making it more compact so it will be more guest friendly and so that I don't run out of room on the map.

New screenshots coming soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SCR6.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	103.8 KB 
ID:	17677   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SCR3.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	114.9 KB 
ID:	17678   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SCR7.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	99.8 KB 
ID:	17679   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SCR4.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	102.2 KB 
ID:	17680   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SCR5.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	17681  

This is looking really good! I'm also happy to see that it is being done in RCT2 and not RCT3 (I never have liked it).
    ThrillNetwork Tech Admin

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghost Rider | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

I'm the good looking one Steven's Avatar
    I'm not fond of it either, so I'm gonna see what I can do about that.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum

Minetrain Poster The Skooter Guy's Avatar
    Very good work! Can't wait to see more previous seasons!

Looks really really good. Will this park be peepable?

Minetrain Poster The Skooter Guy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steel View Post
    Looks really really good. Will this park be peepable?
    I hope so.

It's been a while since I've put out an update on this, so here we go. First off, I have once again gone back to the drawing board. I will be taking more time on this version to ensure that the park is as accurate as possible within the confines of RCT2.

First things first: the entrance has been moved.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SCR31.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	89.5 KB 
ID:	20357
    You can see where the entrance was, and where it is now.

Second: the shops in the Promenade Section have been completely re-done.

Name:	SCR32.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	20358Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SCR33.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	20359
    First: the old.

Name:	SCR35.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	108.4 KB 
ID:	20361Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SCR34.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	115.7 KB 
ID:	20360
    Now: the new.

There is a big difference between the two.

Jr. Poster
    nice work!

It's been a while since I've updated, but I bring some more progress. The Promenade and British sections are done with the exception of a few minor details. The Georgia Scorcher and Log Jamboree are not complete, as well as the Confederate section, however they are mostly there.

Name:	SFOG RCT2.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	20794

As you can see there has been quite a bit of progress since the last update.