Thread: Southern Star Amusement responds to Six Flags Chapter 11 filing

Southern Star Amusement responds to Six Flags Chapter 11 filing

Six Flags announced that they had filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. Southern Star Amusement, which has been pursuing the... Click here to read more...

I just wish this whole thing could be done with. I'd like to see the park reopen.
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313

Proud Member of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

Exclamation

Can the author (Alex Westerman) please show his research that he confirmed that Danny Rogers is indeed a "long time amusement park veteran"? None of his credentials have been published. I have been in this industry for a long time and made a lot of contacts and no one has heard of Danny Rogers. Please see his claims from last year that he was previously a CEO of a Roller Coaster Company, can someone name the company?

The author (Alex Westerman) also states that SSA "has been negotiating to acquire control" of the park. To enter into negotiations, it would mean that an initial formal business proposal has been presented. The New Orleans City Council has never received a formal document/presentation to even review. I confirmed this on Wednesday with 3 New Orleans City Council Members.

Finally, the current HUD debt ($16 million) isn't up for another 7 years. Six Flags has 60+ years of $1.4 million a year remaining on their lease. What is the rush to just hand the property over for nothing to a fly by night company?

Seriously, have you even gone to the Southern Star website - do they look like the kind of company that can handle a $60 million+ project? Danny appears to be just a used car/scraps salesman looking to bilk some investors and gobble up their cash with administrive fees.

Alex Westerman - Present us facts on Southern Star and their employees.

Hi TheMusicMan,

the article posted by Alex was not written by himself, it was only reposted. Alex simply posted a press release issued by Southern Star itself found here.
    ThrillNetwork Editor (past tense: lectricShark)
    Never forget justice is what love looks like in public. -- OXFAM

And in the end we lie awake and we dream of making our escape.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags AstroWorld or Six Flags Over Texas. | Wooden Roller Coaster: Texas Cyclone (RIP). | Steel Roller Coaster: Titan.

I'm the good looking one Steven's Avatar
    We present the news as-is when it comes from the companies themselves. If you have any questions or wish to express any doubts, please ask Southern Star about Danny Rogers. If the claims turn out to be false, we've made shooting himself and his company in the foot more effective by posting their PR. If they're true, we've helped legitimize the company.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum

Ultra Poster
    Lets hope things can be figured out.

In all SFI is siting on the property. I rather see a company with no experience take a go at it then watch it sit rotting under SFI.
    Michael C
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Canobie Lake Park Salom NH | Wooden Roller Coaster: Yankie Canonball Canobie lake park Salom NH | Steel Roller Coaster: Ming Bender SFOG

IF NO was smart, it wouldn't be rotting under SF's control in the first place. They had a great offer on the table that they rejected. Now that SF is in Ch. 11, they're trying to get that offer back. That's just not how things work! They should run with Southern Star's offer IMO. Hopefully they can get the park back to being my favorite place for flats. The collection of rides at SFNO was incredibly unique, and very fun.
    I've been real all my life, they confuse it with conceit
    Since I will not lose, they try to help him cheat
    But I will not lose, for even in defeat
    There's a valuable lesson learned, so it evens it up for me
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Universal Studios Hollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Nitro

If The City doesn't expect SF to return, SF Doesn't plan to rebuild, There is almost nothing to Salvage, and the Park wasn't that profitable before. Then I don't understand why SF has the Closed Piece of Junk.

Ultra Poster
    Because they bought into the park to expand the chain even bigger. they signed a contract that they woudl add 75 million in improvements and rebuild any damage. The park was built a little too large to begin with and expanded way too fast after SFI got it.

A single owner of a chain that operates small regional parks could operate the park and have it be profitable. One big thing it needs is an attached water park.
    Michael C
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Canobie Lake Park Salom NH | Wooden Roller Coaster: Yankie Canonball Canobie lake park Salom NH | Steel Roller Coaster: Ming Bender SFOG