The social networking admin position is taken. The other two positions are available.
We're looking for people who can help us out in the following areas...
Story editors are largely responsible for finding news related to coasters, parks, water parks, and anything else related to the amusement industry. Editors must be able to either write an article on his own. We cannot and will not accept stories copied (even if it is cited, unless written permission is granted from the source). In addition, the editor is expected to work on the occasional feature.
Story editors must either know, or be willing to learn, the AP style of writing stories. They must be creative, especially when coming up with ideas for special features, and they must also be willing to work with other staff if necessary in order to achieve a common goal.
A database editor helps keep our coaster/park database straight. The editor will verify user submissions and approve/deny them, update the database properly when new coasters/parks are announced and keep up-to-date on their status.
What is required to apply
- Must be at least 18 years old. We WILL NOT accept applications from those who are 17 or younger.
- Must be able to devote a bit of time (approx. 5-10 hours/week) to the site.
- Must be a team player, and able to actively communicate with the rest of the staff.
- Must be a member of ThrillNetwork for at least 2 months, and have a track record of activity on this site
- For writing positions, must submit a writing sample. Blogs, prior news articles, papers, and creative samples are acceptable.
To apply, use our contact us form, and be sure to put in the subject line the position you are applying for (use the "other" field). Tell us your real name, why you want that position, and how we can get the additional info (such as a writing sample for story editors).
As an extra note, applications in this thread will be ignored.
If you have any questions, please post them in here.