Thread: Megalite

Megalite

Here's a Megalite I made...it's not perfect but I would love to ride it!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I'm in love with 30 Rock, Outkast and Maverick.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands Of Adventure

Whoa. I'll be gentle.

The ride layout was pretty good. "A" for effort. But the transitions and bumps and high G-forces made it unenjoyable. There are a few spots of negative G's that are too intense, and there are some where the lateral G's are too much.

Why did you only support part of the ride? All the supports are prefab too. Try custom supports. This ride could really benefit from custom supports, especially the lift hill and second hill.

Why is the lift hill like that? Mega-lites use a normal cable lift. You could have used a fast chain. But you used a crazy LIM that launched to 50 mph and then slowed down at the top. Uncomfortable.

You should make the brakes at the end actual brakes. Using the transport device fails E-stop. Make the brakes, put the transport device (LIMs) on, and check the box to "hide brake device." That makes magnetic brakes act the same way as normal brakes. It can be unrealistic and stop the train entirely, or you can make it realistic and have it slow the train and not act as a block.

Try again. Try smoothing out parts of the ride, try your hand at custom supports. The layout's good. It just fell flat in other areas.
    ThrillNetwork editor emeritus - NSCIGC member
    Voyage is the best coaster
    Raptor ride count - 1,160.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Holiday World, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor

Haha I forgot I left the lift hill launched like that, but Maverick uses LIM's, right? and I also forgot to fill in supports for the rest of the ride. I've never tried custom supports but I'll definitely give it a try on my next coaster, and originially the forces after the first few hills weren't that strong but as the ride progressed and I smoothed it out they actually got even stronger. I'm working on building another megalite-style coaster but this one will be launched like iSpeed.
    I'm in love with 30 Rock, Outkast and Maverick.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands Of Adventure

Jr. Poster
    good job! nice track and good effort

A few things:

1.) Maverick is an accelerator coaster. Yes, it has a more traditional lift styled start, but it is still an accelerator.
    2.) As Chip said, overall, good effort, but you need to get your transitions working a bit better before attempting inversions and whatnot.
    3.) I would study up on supports seen throughout the coaster type you are building, before attempting custom supports. Plus, just do an entire map with nothing BUT custom supports. It will help.

Grade wise, I would say C+/B-
    SpeedZone Staffer
    *2012 Draft 3rd Place!
    Creation List: Indecisive - Timber Wolf: The Hunt - Rewind - Omega - Forbidden Forest Ride - unknown
    Tutorials: Current: B&M Floorless/Sit-Down inverting
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Skyrocket