Thread: Most thrilling drop ride?

Most thrilling drop ride?

What do you think is the most thrilling drop ride out there? I'm not asking for the best one, I'm asking for the most thrilling, the most intense one. I mean, most S&S or Giant Drop freefall rides are basically the same, and a lot of them only differ in height by 10 or 20 feet. So, which one is the most thrilling?

Let gravity do the work.
    Unlike most people I know of who prefer the Intamin AG Giant Drops, I personally like the intense -1 G blast down on the S&S Turbo Drops.

Inverted Poster
    me too
    MY DAY HAS COME!!!!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Island of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: (none) | Steel Roller Coaster: Montu

Banned
    The Intamin Giant Drops are the best!!! Nothing can beat true freefall. The S&S blast is just boring. One split second of "whee" and then it's just boring. You should see me on them. We get to the top, wait, as soon as we drop I say "wheeeeee" very sedately, and then just sit there. Quite boring.

Now, Pit Fall at KennyWood on the other hand is EXCELLENT!!!! It's hillside setting, it's nice looooooooooooong drop that you think will never end, the true airtime, and the smell of grease! Hoping that the magnetic brakes work. Excellent. Nothing will beat a true free-fall.

Acrophobia

Let gravity do the work.
    Originally posted by Coaster131
    The Intamin Giant Drops are the best!!! Nothing can beat true freefall. The S&S blast is just boring. One split second of "whee" and then it's just boring. You should see me on them. We get to the top, wait, as soon as we drop I say "wheeeeee" very sedately, and then just sit there. Quite boring.

Now, Pit Fall at KennyWood on the other hand is EXCELLENT!!!! It's hillside setting, it's nice looooooooooooong drop that you think will never end, the true airtime, and the smell of grease! Hoping that the magnetic brakes work. Excellent. Nothing will beat a true free-fall.
    But the Intamin Giant Drops end right at the bottom when they strike the brakes while the S&S towers have 2-3 rebounds and smaller "drops" following the big one. Plus, the S&S rides drop further down the tower than the gravity powered towers because the gravity powered free-falls need to be slowed down starting from a higher point or else the landing would be very disastrous...if you know what I mean. The magnet portion of the tower usually is 1/3 of the entire structure.

giant drob at dreamworld in australia!!!!!!!

380 ft free fall
    most thrilling ride ive ever been on

I would have to say that the most intense one I've been on would have to be the "Drop of Fear" at Seaside Heights. It is an S&S freefall ride that does both the Turbo Drop and Space Shot. It was well worth the $8
    "YOU got into Harvard Law School?!"
    "Why, is that hard?"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Mean Streak | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Better Than Any Roller Coaster SFGadvKing's Avatar
    big shot
    I was once TN's top poster!
    2007 Gadv Count: Kingda Ka-6, El Toro-6, Nitro-4, Medusa-2, S:UF-2, R:TC-1, B:TC-, GASM-0, Skull Mt-0, B:TR-0, RMT-0, RT-0
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Kingda Ka

Drop Zone at PKI. The view is incredible and the drop feels like it is never going to end.

Giga Poster
    Supreme Scream

Wooden Poster

Wink

Acrophobia is the best thrilling drop ride ever. Espicially the tilt and stand-uping feet dangling. Wooooo. What a rush!!!!

X

i'd have to agree with avalancheboy
    the giant drop at dreamworld is definetely the most thrilling drop ride

Hyper Poster
    supreme scream

Apocalypse at Drayton Manor, England.

Reasonably tall with stand up cars that drop you, plus you are tilted slightly to add to the intensity, awesome.
    LINK REMOVED BY BOARD ADMIN
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Alton Towers & Blackpool Pleasure Beach | Wooden Roller Coaster: Megafobia | Steel Roller Coaster: Nemesis

id have to say pitfall is my fav. and most thrilling drop ride.