Thread: Alton Towers' Thirteen surprise revealed

Alton Towers' Thirteen surprise revealed

A TV show revealed the surprise feature on Thirteen, the newest roller coaster at Alton Towers.

A GMTV host got to ride the coaster for the morning show. The video features POV, reverse POV and general layout footage. The ride starts with a tire-dr... Click here to read more...

Ultra Poster
    Looks like a fun ride. the drop section looks like fun. I guess there is a dark ride effect that was turned off so it will be a bit more then that. Still think it is overly hyped mostly a family coaster.
    Michael C
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Canobie Lake Park Salom NH | Wooden Roller Coaster: Yankie Canonball Canobie lake park Salom NH | Steel Roller Coaster: Ming Bender SFOG

To sound really British... Wicked!

That does look like a great little coaster that would scare the crap out of some people.
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313

Proud Member of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

That looked like a super Zierer family coaster. I like the pops while the train descends on the hidden lift. Maybe there is some airtime. I thought there was going to be a turntable.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

Yeah, if I had gone on the ride without knowing about the drop section, that would be completely terrifying. Now, though, it just looks like a fun little ride.
    Spooky at night, I bet.

And hahahaha, that reporter was hilarious. Tiny little coaster and she's acting like it's the end of the world, lol.

Is this classified as a family coaster? I must say the dropping element to go backwards seems kind of cool, however, and I NEVER thought I say this, but the backwards transition on Disney's Expedition Everest seems a lot more intense. Who would think a Disney coaster seems more intense? Nice addition to the park, but it seems more so a family coaster than a high speed thrill ride to me.
    ThrillNetwork Moderator(Originally known as Nitro Luvr)
    2014 Coaster Draft Selection - Shambhala - Katun - Troy - Superman / la Atracción de Acero - Nefeskesen - Mammut - Air - Big Thunder Mountain
    Proud mem**r of the 400 club!!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags Magic Mountain, and Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Thunderhead, Mammut, and Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Hyper-Nitro, Giga-Intimidator 305, LIM/LSM- bluefire, Inverted-Katun, Floorless-Kraken, Flying-Manta

Ultra Poster
    they are not marketing it as a family coaster. but it only has like a minimum of like 46 in. The coaster in general is very family coaster like.
    Michael C
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Canobie Lake Park Salom NH | Wooden Roller Coaster: Yankie Canonball Canobie lake park Salom NH | Steel Roller Coaster: Ming Bender SFOG