So BG kicked off their big Pass-Holders weekend earlier today. And Started with the big announcement in the Festhaus to get the weekend going. They had a list of five things over the next two years to speak about, and here they are:
1. Christmas Town Italy Expansion for 2010. They went over all the general expansion of CT, with 1 million more lights to be added, A show in the Italy pavilion, lots of trees and foliage, Italian Christmas Food options and merchandise.
2. Germany update for 2011. They will be updating the look and feel of Oktoberfest Germany, mainly the section next to the Italy bridge. It will have a great German look and feel to it, a pretzel store, "beer garden" maypoles, etc. I was worried at first, but the artist rendering (in the link on bottom) looked quite good and aprropriate and a wonderful new but updated match to the rest of germany and a great compliment to the Festhaus.
3. Mach Tower for 2011. A 246 foot tall rotating drop tower (most likely Intamin) with not-yet-released special effects will be going in the spot of der Katapult, the park's scrambler. The VP of Engineering, Larry Giles did promise that Der Katapult would still be back next year, but not in its current location.
4. Vanish Point for Water Country in 2011. The park is building a new water slide tower 75 feet tall with 4 slides. two will be fast paced not-quite-so-vertical body slides, the other two will be more vertical with the "breaking floor" effect when loaded into the "capsule" before falling straight down into the tube.
5. And we get to the last one. At this point the park's General Manager, John Reilly, took back control of the microphone to give away this last great bit of news. Going into TBBW's old spot will be a "multi-launching, electromagnetic" roller coaster which they won't share the details with but promise will have many "firsts" for a roller coaster. They may hand out a bit more over the next 18 months but I'm not sure about that, and we'll see.
Personally I think that's gonna be put to rest until this time next year but who knows.
I'm just happy that for once we will get a roller coaster with a launch to kick things off. Been waiting for that for a long time, and still have two years to go.
Links are always nice
Announcement - Big News | Busch Gardens in Virginia