Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BGW 11-12 Verbolten-Mach Tower

BGW Fans has posted the latest construction pictures (taken yesterday): http://bgwfans.com/?p=1370

I'll be there next Saturday so I'll try to get some pictures of my own.
    205 coasters and counting...
    Travel Blog | Twitter | Facebook
    Favorites: Amusement Park: All of them | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator

I'm hoping this is going to be a good coaster, don't see how it could ever live up to my love for Big Bad Wolf but I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt at this point.
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313 ** Proud Member of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten

Vote For Royaland of NASCAR in the 2014 Coaster Draft!

Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

^ This is striking me as a fun little beast. It might not be the fastest, but it looks like two scoops of fun!
    Let it shine, let it shine
    On and on, on and on, come to life

David Crowder*Band: Give Us Rest (A Requiem Mass in C [The Happiest of All Keys])
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1-Thunderhead, 2-El Toro, 3-Wild One (SFA) | Steel Roller Coaster: 1-Intimidator 305, 2- Maverick, 3-Goliath (SFOG)

Verbolten's drop track looks amazing. If you want to see a video of a Zeirer drop track testing, click here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNR63N7OKFs Skip to 0:18 for animation of the drop track, and the real deal follows after that.

The Dark Knight might still have more track than what's going to be enclosed in that building.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

I'm going to Christmas Town sometime in December, I can give you a lot of pictures and video if you want, along with a Christmas Town review!

^That would be great, Trevor. I'm going on Saturday so I'll also be doing a review although I'm concerned that it's going to be very busy.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: All of them | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator

I'm still not understanding why no video, or specs have been released for the coaster yet.

Parks used to alway have that stuff out there right away, oh wait that's just Cedar Fair and Six Flags. lol
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313 ** Proud Member of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten

Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

^They don't want to give away the "firsts" and surprises yet. That is why they won't release a POV yet. BTW, are you Wes from T.P.R?

I'm eagerly awaiting Rick's news/updates about the ride. He was at Busch this weekend for their Christmas event. He had to be somewhat close to the Verbolten site in person.
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

I'm thinking from the right side of Alpie or the pre-drops on Nessie, you should get a nice view of what is going on with the ride too.
    ThrillNetwork Moderator(Originally known as Nitro Luvr)
    2014 Coaster Draft Selection - Shambhala - Katun - Troy - Superman / la Atracción de Acero - Nefeskesen - Mammut - Air - Big Thunder Mountain
    Proud mem**r of the 400 club!!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags Magic Mountain, and Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Thunderhead, Mammut, and Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Hyper-Nitro, Giga-Intimidator 305, LIM/LSM- bluefire, Inverted-Katun, Floorless-Kraken, Flying-Manta

Only Alpengeist is open for ChristmasTown, the rest of the coasters (including Nessie) aren't open for the event.

Unfortunately I don't have anything exiting to report on Verbolten. It doesn't look like a whole lot has been done since the pictures that were posted in the link above near the end of November. I got a good look at the green fence and we did get a good view of it from Mach tower. Alpengeist is too far away to get a good view from there.

I tried to take some pics over the fence but they didn't turn out well.

Maybe I'll have better luck in 2 weeks or so. Maybe the drop will have started??? *sarcasm*

Quote Originally Posted by Rick B View Post
    Unfortunately I don't have anything exiting to report on Verbolten. It doesn't look like a whole lot has been done since the pictures that were posted in the link above near the end of November. I got a good look at the green fence and we did get a good view of it from Mach tower. Alpengeist is too far away to get a good view from there.

I tried to take some pics over the fence but they didn't turn out well.
    Is the event building enclosed yet?
    Let it shine, let it shine
    On and on, on and on, come to life

David Crowder*Band: Give Us Rest (A Requiem Mass in C [The Happiest of All Keys])
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1-Thunderhead, 2-El Toro, 3-Wild One (SFA) | Steel Roller Coaster: 1-Intimidator 305, 2- Maverick, 3-Goliath (SFOG)

^Nope. Nothing is enclosed yet. From all the angles I saw of it, it didn't look like anything had been done since bgwfans posted pictures about it a week or so before.

BGWfans has posted anew update as of yesterday! The event building is now completly enclosed. It is green, and looks to be made out of that sheet metal that looks like ruffles chips maybe? You can see those pictures on this link: http://bgwfans.com/?p=1415

Wow Verbolten is alot further along than I expected it to be.
    My God is not dead, He's surely alive. He's living on the inside, roaring like a lion
    Thrillnetwork Moderator, formerly Tigeraceray

Just keep your eyes on Christ - Lecrae
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Diamondback

Wow, that's pretty cool and weird to see in that photo update that some Big Bad Wolf footers are refurbished. That's different than riding Vortex at KI and seeing some retired and unused Bat footers underneath. People pointed out to me that below Anaconda's lift is footers to the shuttle loop KD had. Is it possible the Phantom's Revenge reuses some footers from the Laser Loop shuttle coaster for the hill that dives through Thunderbolt?

We decided we'll be going back to BGW a couple of times next year. Fortunately their season passes are good a year from the date that you purchase them so I'll be getting mine right before we go so that they will be good into 2013 for a spring trip there.

Sweet, the drop over the Rhine River is done. I saw a pic courtesy of BGWfans of the drop with Verbolten track compared to Big Bad Wolf's drop. They are about the same height. It's interesting to compare the footers before and after.

http://bgwfans.com/?p=1518

Sweet! I have a new wallpaper now at work.

I miss BBW. I'm sorry, but it just looks so much less intimidating and exciting and FUN than BBW. I guess as long as we've still got Griffon...

I already came to that conclusion when I heard who was building the ride. Then I immediately thought it would be more a family ride. I'm not expecting killer helixes.

On the hunt for 400 Thunderhawk's Avatar
    I know it's not the same manufacturer, but if this ride ends up being similar intensity to Cheetah Hunt, I will be happy. Big Bad Wolf wasn't the most intense coaster either, although the drop over the Rhine (which should be called the Wolf Drop on Verbolten) was pretty awesome.
    My hardest earned credit is The Legend at Holiday World, first ridden 5.19.2012, exactly 1399 days after my first visit to Holiday World.
    Next up: Beech Bend/Kentucky Kingdom/Kings Island/Cedar Point
    Favorites: Amusement Park: SFGAdv/Cedar Point/SFMM | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Ravine Flyer II, Outlaw Run, Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Bizarro @ SFNE, New Texas Giant, Iron Rattler

I saw a slow animation for the coming Lego Polar coaster in Denmark with the "drop through the lake" section. It's the same manufacturer and has a lift hill. It didn't look too intense virtually.

I wanted to see a video on how the Mach Tower runs. Mach Tower - Busch Gardens Williamsburg - YouTube
    I'm disappointed with the braking. It looks conservative. The gondola looks like it's returning to parking too early once it hits the brakes.

The Intamin gyro would push the braking a bit more.

It's just as awesome to stand in queue at Kings Dominion next to the ride as to ride it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_aQWcQ-vLA
    Last edited by Leo C; 01-17-2012 at 08:11 PM.

Mach Tower to me looks boring. I've never been on it before, but I feel like Mach Tower is more restricting on the view and you sit way to close to the center. When watching the POVs of the <acronym style="cursor: default;" title="Kings Island">KI</acronym> Drop Tower and Mach Tower at Busch Gardens, I feel like the rotating view for <acronym style="cursor: default;" title="Kings Island">KI</acronym>'s DT is much more bearable than BG's Mach Tower that rotates to quickly.

I don't know....I'm just not sold on Mach Tower.

My friends and I call Mach Tower an observation tower... It's a disappointing thrill ride, but a good family ride. The brakes start halfway up the tower and the whole ride is just kind of "bleh"... An Intamin version would have been much better, or heck, even an S&S tower!

Busch Gardens Williamsburg is clearly a theme park catering to families and people of all ages, and mush less of a thrill lovers park, like Kings Island and Kings Dominion are. I think Mach Tower is a perfect fit for BGW, although I don't think it would be a good fit for the Cedar Fair and Six Flags parks, which tend to lean more towards thrill rides.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast