Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: BGW 11-12 Verbolten-Mach Tower

Just had time to view the POV of Mach Tower, based on the video alone I like it.

Now it may be more conservative on the brakes, but the overall experience I like. Too many tall towers just take you up and throw you down as soon as you get there. I like that you get 1 or 2 revolutions at the top before the drop.
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313

Proud Member of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

I don't think I mind the revolution speed too much it's I think the tower should reach the final stop by the time the gondola gets to the crown of the theming of the queue. Does this model lower to the current height by initial design? I thought I had heard there was a delay with the testing and opening of the ride. The gondola may have hit the ground during testing.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

The track installation of Verbolten has been completed. Check out the video for additional information about the ride.

205 coasters and counting...
    Travel Blog | Twitter | Facebook
    Favorites: Amusement Park: All of them | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator

Finally a video from the park I want to see. I didn't like their teasers. I hope this is better than Thirteen. The idea of a launch into the building sounds pretty cool.
    Last edited by Leo C; 01-27-2012 at 02:08 PM.
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

A long orange coaster train with what looks like the front car design of a VW Karmman Ghia front showed up. Will a red New Beetle like design show up? I think Wes would like that. The seat backs are black and high enough to provide head rests.

What in the ride story will explain the train entering and lowering in the layout via the elevator section?
    Last edited by Leo C; 02-25-2012 at 08:08 PM.

I'm doing a construction tour of Verbolten near the end of this week so I'll have a full report soon.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: All of them | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator

I guess along the course the train will encounter the wolves again. Curious what the elevator lift is tied to in the story.

Perhaps the big competitor of this ride is Rock n Roller Coaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo C View Post
    What in the ride story will explain the train entering and lowering in the layout via the elevator section?
    There was a rendering that showed some sort of bridge collapse, but I couldn't tell if that was for that or for the rhine drop.

on a side note: Hi again, I'm back
    Sesame Street characters at Busch Gardens Europe!?
    Take THAT Magic Kingdom!
    Verbolten: 43
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Europe | Wooden Roller Coaster: Gwazi (Lion) Busch Gardens Africa | Steel Roller Coaster: The Loch Ness Monster

Verbolten: Cars Unveiled [Official Video] - YouTube
    Did I hear five trains? Here's a video about the different trains. There's a green one featured. The orange one has a license plate that says "WOL FX ING".

I'm convinced the indoor section is short.
    Last edited by Leo C; 03-16-2012 at 09:02 PM.

Busch Gardens Williamsburg has announced the opening of Verbolten. The ride will open on Friday, May 18th.

Verbolten is more than an indoor figure 8 with apparently a double helix. We'll see.

I already forgot the indoor elevator part. lol It will surprise the GP too.
    Last edited by Leo C; 04-07-2012 at 11:56 AM.

Verbolten is testing.

Testing out of the station to the first launch section and later at the drop over the river.

Nice job referencing Big Bad Wolf on the Verbolten logo.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bolt.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	55.2 KB 
ID:	20296
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313

Proud Member of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

A new video featuring more theming and a view indoors of the coaster dropping on the elevator lift.

May 18th is the opening day for the public.

BGW gave a nice surprise to some unexpected park guests today. Verbolten was running in 'preview mode' and they allowed some of the park guests to experience the new coaster. I'll be there next Thursday morning to provide coverage for ThrillNetwork.

Sweet. I love my Spring Break 1999 I got a preview of Dueling Dragons at an IOA preview day available to Universal ticket holders that week. I also previewed the Incredible Hulk that day. I was on each coaster probably at least 20 cycles.

Onride, orange train.

This guy must be wearing a chest pad with a mount for a camera that may be under review for approval by the park to use.

I am officially closing this thread since Verbolten is no longer under construction and open to the public.

Any new discussion about this topic can be done over here.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234