Thread: IOA. Best THEME park ever!

IOA. Best THEME park ever!

I recently visited IOA and this park just amazed me. The themeing is incredible! I used to read what people said in forums dissing Magic Mountain because the themeing is horrible. I used to think MM had good themeing until I went to IOA. The people behind IOA were crazy! It's just incredible what they did with this park. Five different areas and every single little detail is themed! I love it! I think other parks should follow their example (hint hint Six Flags).
    ThrillNetwork editor emeritus - NSCIGC member
    Voyage is the best coaster
    Raptor ride count - 1,160.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Holiday World, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor

Yep, IOA has amazing theming. Have you ever been to Disney? The theming there is awesome too. Thats why I love all those parks in the Orlando area. I think that Themeparks are a bit better than amusement parks.
    *Evil*Princess*
    Favorites: Amusement Park: WDW Resort (so shoot me I'm a Disney Nut at heart) | Wooden Roller Coaster: Coney Island Cyclone and Comet @ Great Escape | Steel Roller Coaster: Nitro and Medusa East, oh and Dueling Dragons...B&Ms baby!

Corkscrew Poster
    Ah, March seems like 3 years away...:( . I went to Orlando in 1999, before IOA(not officialy open to public) and before Rockn' Rollercoaster:mad: . I can't possibly wait untill March next year.....
    Why must everyone pick on Carowinds?
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunder Road. | Steel Roller Coaster: Apollo's Chariot

yea haux
    i read your trip report and IOA is a greatly themed park
    and i too think that SFMM has good theming
    but not many others do.

Strata Poster
    it looks really cool. although SFMM will always have more selection over IOA, and taller rides too.
    Its murda...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Epcot | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Coaster, Playland | Steel Roller Coaster: The Hulk

Strata Poster
    Agreed it is the best TRUE theme park but parks like SFGADV that somehow pass as theme parks are probably better
    I love Jessica! She's the greatest girl in the whole world! Proud Member of the BBFC
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Villain | Steel Roller Coaster: Batman & Robin the chiller

SFGAdv is not a THEME park, it's an amusement park. Big difference there.
    *Evil*Princess*
    Favorites: Amusement Park: WDW Resort (so shoot me I'm a Disney Nut at heart) | Wooden Roller Coaster: Coney Island Cyclone and Comet @ Great Escape | Steel Roller Coaster: Nitro and Medusa East, oh and Dueling Dragons...B&Ms baby!

Ultra Poster
    Nowadays, I think any big park would be considered as a theme park. Anyway, Islands of Adventure definitely wins over competition in the theming department. Every single detail in the park is quite breathtaking! It sure is worth the trip, even if you have to drive down from Maryland to Florida (which will take about a day and a half). Of course I'm not that crazy, so I always take the plan down to Florida just to go to the amazing Islands of Adventure.

Giga Poster
    Six Flags parks are theme parks, not amusement parks. A significant numbers of the rides are themed, despite badly themed. In most cases, it is just a Superman or Batman logo on the station building.

If you notice carefully, nothing in the the Seuss's Landing is straight....... everything is crooked.....

Also, I like the art-deco architecture of Marvel Superheroes Island too, very flashy, just like comics...... also, IOA did a great job in pairing musics for themed areas.......

Disney's theming is not as great as IOA, but one thing stood out, the Tree of Life in Animal Kingdom.
    Planes, cars, coasters......... anything fast.........
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Son of Beast (PKI) | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: Ride of Steel (SFNE)

It is a good thing that IOA is themed so well b/c they sure lack in the ride department right now. Good rides, don't get me wrong, but just not too many yet. I am looking forward to the coming years when they mature some. If the building is an example of what they will do down the road then I think we are in for a treat.

I don't think, though, that themeing is particularly important. Cedar Point is a great park and themeing is not a priority there.
    Working here is like an amusement park! There's excitement! There's challenge...and it will often make you sick.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Epcot Center (no coasters...go figure!) | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum

Corkscrew Poster
    It's the best theme park ever.Disney's just to overrated,and overcrowded.
    Don't loose your sushi!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Gwazi | Steel Roller Coaster: Kumba

Hyper Poster
    Are there any other true THEME parks out there? Busch Gardens Tampa and Williamsburg are some, but definitely not as much as IOA. Disney I guess, but they don't really theme the surroundings too much, only the rides.

I think I remember when IOA first opened they said that Universal was planning to open a bunch of these around the country (hence the double term 'islands'). Is that still true? I'm pretty sure I heard that from some reliable sources. If so...
    Your favorite coaster sucks.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: BGW | Wooden Roller Coaster: Mr. Twister II (I haven't ridden many, you can tell) | Steel Roller Coaster: Alpengeist

Wooden Poster
    I love IOA...it is such a beautiful park. I went in January of 2001 and the park was practically empty. Only ride that had a line was Spiderman...and that was a five minute wait. I rode The Incredible Hulk 4 times in a row without getting off of the coaster...and Dueling Dragons is incredible! The only thing that I was slightly disappointed about was that I couldn't ride the Ptherdon Flyers...only for kids with parents. Oh well...overall, the park is awsome!
    I am so excited about RCT2...can hardly wait!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point and Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Viper at SFGAmerica | Steel Roller Coaster: Raging Bull and Millenium Force