Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SkyRush Hersheypark 2012

Exclamation SkyRush Hersheypark 2012

Spraypainted survey markings where found in the Comet Hollow section of the park recently. This would be by Comet, Sooperdooperlooper, and Great Bear I believe. Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion

Wasn't there a request by Hershey to move Cocoa Avenue's alignment just outside of the park by the monorail to a new arrangement? I have to look at maps to understand how they want to realign a road just outside of the Kissing Tower I believe. If a coaster could jump over major freight railroad tracks or jump over and take over Zoo America - Wow.

Plans for road work at 743 and Chocolate Avenue in Hershey to be presented Tuesday night | PennLive.com Road work plans behind Great Bear and by the railroad tracks.
    cocoa avenue hershey - Google Maps Here's a map of the back of the park. I can see the railroad in operation when I'm on Coal Cracker and Great Bear.
    Last edited by Leo C; 06-08-2010 at 11:34 PM.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

Awwwwww, piss. If this turns out to be a hyper, there'd be no point for that Giga coaster I had in mind for the park!

I Wonder if they'll add a B&M Flying Coaster to the Park?

Comet Hollow is my favorite section of the park. It still has charm. I just hate how the northern or western part of the park was ruined after the Boardwalk came about.
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

I Really Dislike the Boardwalk's Location, It Landlocked the Park MORE than it Needed to Be. I would've placed it where the Arena is or Behind it.

I think the township had rejected an off site water park before. Besides that I still do not like it being inpark. So far the survey markers, spray painted triangles, are near Comet and Great Bear.

^^I actually support their water park additions. Actually try to take a look at the expansion. Most of it was built over open fields. Do you really think that that adds charm to a park? (It only does in very rare cases.) Sure, the rapids was taken out, but IMO that's pretty minor when you have stuff like Great Bear, Fahrenheit, and Storm Runner in the park. Yeah, they took trees out of that area of the park, but at least they took a bit of effort to make it somewhat Jersey Shore/Coney Island beach themed instead of just plopping run of the mill water rides in the park.

There should not have been any new slides. I'm supportive of the separate gate arrangements like at the Six Flags complex in NJ: Great Adventure, Wild Safari, and Hurricane Harbor are all separate gates.

Coasterwise maybe the park will take out Sooperdooperlooper? The park has proved as much as people have gotten attached to rides they will go out and remove the attractions several decades old: Giant Wheel, the Rapids. A friend of mine mentioned maybe they could recycle SDL's tunnel.

^That wouldn't happen. It's a classic, and it's layout is too weird to put anything in big enough to justify its removal. Besides, I enjoy it a lot. (My first looper back in 2003.)

I kind of lost some trust in Hershey protecting some in park attractions other than the Arena. That place still looks mad cool.

Based on Bing Maps, I think the Station/ Ride could go where Trailblazer was. Either That or Modify the "Turnpike" and have it go along the Perimeter between the Road and Great Bear / Sooper / Log Flume / Lake.

Can someone use Google Earth and Paint to show where the markers are? I'm confused as to exactly where they are placed.

I think there is still too much unknown marker wise based on those few posts on that linked website here and on the Screamscape. I definitely saw the picture under Great Bear and then heard about things by Comet. Trailblazer? This thing would go right through the lower middle of the park? I don't know but I will investigate Sunday when I go even if things are very premature.

Today I found the painted markers between Great Bear and Comet in the midway of Comet Hollow and later while riding Comet along the L portion of it's layout on its exterior facing the Founder's Circle moving along by Comet's exit and down the path between the Skyride and Comet. Across from the Immelmann, under the Skyride which is overhead http://maps.google.com/maps?q=hershe....00327&z=19Theand up hill is a games stand. I bet the station will go there. Next to this game stand looks like a stub of a path that was cut off next to the Creek. This former path that''s returned to mulch goes under a bridge that carries pedestrians and the monorail over the creek by the Aqua Stadium. Stormrunner and the Minetown/Trailblazer is further down this path. I bet the path was cut off by Stormrunner's half loop that's sitting right there. I think they could recycle this path as part of a queue. This queue could continue up hill between the Dodgems and the kiddie flume ride sitting next to the Music Box theater.
    http://maps.google.com/maps?q=hershe...h&z=19&iwloc=A

The markings just surround Comet. Could the yard of tractor trailers across the Park Blvd be going? I'm trying to figure out how to save a map and draw on it. Markings 1-2-3-4-5 are spread out along the midway between Comet and Great Bear. 5 has three parts to it. 5 stands out by Great Bear's exit out the G roll approach into the creek. A 5b I believe extends out by Great Bear's drop into the loop. A 5a sits by SooperDooperlooper's final brake run. That looks like a tripod arrangement like for a high lift hill support. A 6 marking sits very close to the 5a next to Comet's first drop. Maybe a first drop will cross over Comet's first drop diagonally over the creek or maybe perpendicularly along the shore line.

They're going down a line this way in this view:
    http://maps.google.com/maps?q=hershe...2,199.53,,0,-6 Marker ! was just about there.

Marker 4 was by the Twirl a Whirl. http://maps.google.com/maps?q=hershe...0,0.00327&z=19

This is pretty close to the orientation on Google maps where I saw the three "5" markings. I think there's going to be a straight support next to Great Bear's straight support. http://maps.google.com/maps?q=hershe...2,255,,0,-5.11
    The one 5 marking was where this lady in pink was sitting.
    http://maps.google.com/maps?q=hershe...0,0.00327&z=19
    The last 5 marker is by the white shed. http://maps.google.com/maps?q=hershe...0,0.00327&z=19
    Last edited by Leo C; 06-14-2010 at 12:23 AM.

The Chang controversy stole the spotlight. Even Screamscape brought up it's scratching its head on any leads of what kind of Intamin coaster this could be.

^^
    1: Use Google Earth, not Google Maps.
    2: Place pushpins where you saw the markers. (Choose whatever icon for a pushpin that you wish.)
    3: Zoom out so that all the markers are visible on screen.
    4: Press "Print Screen" on your keyboard.
    5: Open up Paint.
    6: Press Ctrl+V, and the screen shot will appear.
    7: Save it as an image file.
    8: Attach it to your next reply.

It would be a good idea to do it that way. I know Hersheypark like the back of my hand, and it's still hard for me to visualize where all the markers are.

Ahh good to be back on these forums, havent been on in years and also glad to see things at hershey heating up again. I will be posting pictures and whatnot when more work is done.
    Last edited by intaminfan08; 07-16-2010 at 10:10 AM.

Welcome back. If you haven't been on in years how come you only have one post? Did you change screen names?
    ~Website Admin and Staff Director~

Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator 305

Yes, forgot the old password to my name Magnumxl2005 if there was any help on getting it back it would be greatly appreciated. UPDATE 7/20/10 new pictures on keystonethrills of more markers down in frontier town.
    Last edited by intaminfan08; 07-20-2010 at 06:52 PM.
    Formerly Magnumxl2005
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point

I made my way to Keystone. If this is going to be a US Expedition Ge Force I'm all down for that. Go ahead and take that ring if you can Hershey. I would be just a thrilled if they get a B&M mini hyper like Hollywood Dream.

Stakes have been spotted around Comet.

Hersheypark is really in a position to build their own SFOG Goliath. They have all those scenarios playing in for the park: They could cross over and through other coasters, across park roads to other areas outside the traditional walls of the park.
    Last edited by Leo C; 08-03-2010 at 11:08 PM.

MidwestInfoGuide Chief Editor
    ^Still wish that coaster would have gone to SFSTL like it was supposed to (SFOG's Goliath)
    | DHOLLON "SWOOSH" | ~ http://www.MIDWESTINFOGUIDE.com ~ | 585 COASTERS | MIZZOU-RAH! |
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Silver Dollar City | Wooden Roller Coaster: PROWLER™ | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force™

^ I'd Rather it had gone to Astroworld and that Park was Still Open.

It was supposed to go to SFStL? Wow. I could imagine it go by the antique cars, over the entry plaza into where Hurricane Harbor is.

Much work has been done there is another update on keystone thrills, supposed markers outlining the station have popped up around tilt-a-whirl and comets station as well as more markers around creekside catering close to the park perimeter, as well as contruction fences around comet.
    Formerly Magnumxl2005

Quote Originally Posted by DHollon View Post
    ^Still wish that coaster would have gone to SFSTL like it was supposed to (SFOG's Goliath)
    You sure it was supposed to go to SFStL? Goliath at SFOG isn't exactly a parking lot coaster but more so a terrain one. I don't see how plans could have been made for one park and it installed in another one. Not to mention SFSTL changes elevation a lot more often than SFOG does. Engineering wise, I don't see them being easily able to modify the ride for another park.
    ThrillNetwork Moderator(Originally known as Nitro Luvr)
    2014 Coaster Draft Selection - Shambhala - Katun - Troy - Superman / la Atracción de Acero - Nefeskesen - Mammut - Air - Big Thunder Mountain
    Proud mem**r of the 400 club!!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags Magic Mountain, and Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Thunderhead, Mammut, and Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Hyper-Nitro, Giga-Intimidator 305, LIM/LSM- bluefire, Inverted-Katun, Floorless-Kraken, Flying-Manta

Screamscape posted Hershey is trying to get permission to increase height maximum at the park for a attraction known right now as "2012 attraction". The ride would be between the 200-350ft range I would love to see a giga here at hershey they really need a WOW factor coaster. Phase one could involve a remodel of comets turn around and station to prepare for the new attraction.
    Formerly Magnumxl2005

I have thought of both Silver Star and Intimidator 305 at the same instance for the area. Would an Intamin get a weave through the lift hill like on Intimidator? I think I still would prefer the B&M experience.

If the coaster is an Intamin and the station is at the current Creekside catering area site I think that is the only manufacturer that could squeeze an Intamin train prelift through a closed off pathway archway that follows the creek between Stormrunner and Great Bear's Immelmann.

I'm changing the title to "'12 coaster."
    Last edited by Leo C; 08-06-2010 at 07:01 PM.

212 feet tall supposedly. I hope Comet is not destroyed.

If B&M tries, they actually have the potential to make something very creative to fit the space that is there (Great Bear), so they might be it. But, Hershey's last two coasters were Intamin. Chance/Morgan does sell Hyper Coasters, but they haven't made any coasters since they merged, IIRC.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast