Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: SkyRush Hersheypark 2012

It's been about a decade. It's time for B&M to come back and amaze me. I felt I was in better hands with their products. Hershey is so packed where they put these steel coasters as anything new will amaze me. Unfortunately an easier conclusion to come to now is the classic Comet being overshadowed. That's still better than being destroyed. This will be Blackpool Pleasure Beach like. Maybe the picnic area will be a splashdown area before the ride's final brakes.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

Attraction 2012 Hersheypark Thread

Post Removed.
    Last edited by Ccron10; 02-15-2011 at 09:58 PM. Reason: I am refusing to post on this site until further notice.

I already had a rumor thread going. I did hear the "Ride Institute Technology" term thrown around this past weekend but I don't play these mind games. I'm old school. I'm going to combine this in.

This is proof how much the parks look into the fan sites. I'll give Hershey credit for coming out in lab coats. Good show.

Ride Institute of Technology. Are they going above the expected B&M Hyper? Aqua Trax? 4d?
    Last edited by Leo C; 10-18-2010 at 09:28 PM.
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

I'm guessing on the following:

- Zamperla Giant DiskO Coaster
    - Speed Slides
    - Maurer Sohne Spinning Coaster
    - TRAIN RIDE/ MONORAIL AROUND THE PARK

Maybe the crest on the letter is a clue of the ride's logo? Maybe a station will be in Tudor Square- Founder's circle in the front of the park? The many markers for this new ride still remain out there. It looks like Hershey got their approvals.

3 men try to solve riddle of Hersheypark's new ride | PennLive.com Thrillnetwork got a mention as one of the sites enthusiasts are discussing the projects!

This opens my mind to a B&M dive coaster just for the fact Busch Gardens Tampa has one and it's about the same scope of Hersheypark with its land use. They can't deliver a hyper yet in Tampa, but went with the Dive coaster to get pass 200 ft. Width of the trains were mentioned for Hershey on another site. Could they use the original Gen One version of the dive coaster trains at their original width with the new B&M lift steepness?

Would be nice to have a Dive Machine there. Hershey Park has never been known to go for record breaking rides, but their rides are unique in themselves. If they do add another coaster and it is a Dive Machine, I think it will be slightly taller than Krake at around 150 feet with a couple of inversions like Griffon. It would fit in perfectly to the park and have a similar skyline to their other tall coasters.
    Last edited by Antoine; 02-22-2011 at 11:42 PM.
    ThrillNetwork Moderator(Originally known as Nitro Luvr)
    2014 Coaster Draft Selection - Shambhala - Katun - Troy - Superman / la Atracción de Acero - Nefeskesen - Mammut - Air - Big Thunder Mountain
    Proud mem**r of the 400 club!!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags Magic Mountain, and Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Thunderhead, Mammut, and Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Hyper-Nitro, Giga-Intimidator 305, LIM/LSM- bluefire, Inverted-Katun, Floorless-Kraken, Flying-Manta

The site looks like the same L-shaped out n back Comet is. I should just give this project the working name "Steel Comet" for now. This ride has to be named something that is the ultimate in the sky if the station will be between Comet and most of the layout of Great Bear and is right there by Sooperdooperlooper.

The kids at Keystone Thrills got another clue from the Ride Institute of Technology. Missing letters in a message revealed another webpage in another language. Apparently the project name is Project X. I wouldn't mind a B&M wingrider. The kids mentioned the Intimidator 305 double spine track. Who knows what will develop.

The pumps are running to bypass the creek around Comet! I guess they're going to start work on footers soon. Hopefully the footers and supports are crazy enough like Great Bear has just a short distance down the creek to suggest it's a B&M creation.
    http://www.destinationhersheypa.com/..._2012_MAP1.jpg

This coaster is being speculated as being possibly like Expedition Ge-Force? With supports most likely being limited to just land masses and not interacting with the creek at all: see next door Comet, Sooperdooperlooper, and Great Bear I think it could look pretty ugly. If this is Intamin it's time to shake out the lemons. Maverick and Intimidator 305 were embarrassing for being re-engineered reconfigured lemons. Storm Runner is pretty good, Fahrenheit is just ok. Keep up the streak at Hershey if it is indeed Intamin.

If it is like Expedition GeForce, it will be an awesome ride. It is time for Intamin to redeem themselves too after a series of blunders over the last few years. I just hope that Hershey does not try to have the ride intermingle with the other rides like Great Bear. It is a good ride, but it is clear that the maneuvers on the ride were extremely limited because of the space.
    ThrillNetwork Moderator(Originally known as Nitro Luvr)
    2014 Coaster Draft Selection - Shambhala - Katun - Troy - Superman / la Atracción de Acero - Nefeskesen - Mammut - Air - Big Thunder Mountain
    Proud mem**r of the 400 club!!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags Magic Mountain, and Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Thunderhead, Mammut, and Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Hyper-Nitro, Giga-Intimidator 305, LIM/LSM- bluefire, Inverted-Katun, Floorless-Kraken, Flying-Manta

Great Bear is pretty cool. That corkscrew is just pretty odd because of the supports not being able to go in the creek.

Fahrenheit is "ok?" In that case, then Kumba is "ok." (In other words: They are awesome.)

Hehehe Kumba is pretty good, as is Bizarro. Rattle ahead through Fahrenheit. It rolls through its course like the Time Machine at Freestyle Music Park. The last two loopers that debuted in PA: Hydra and Fahrenheit are so-so.
    Last edited by Leo C; 03-27-2011 at 11:02 PM.

The last update I saw excavators were in the creek working while the water was bypassed via pumps around Comet's first drop through to the back end of Comet where it reconnected to the other side of the creek behind an old dam. Will the dam remain? It was pointed out on another forum there used to be a big fountain near this dam and multiple little bridges crossing over. The area used to be a leisurely picnic area. Like with the other Hershey attractions I don't expect any supports to sit in the creek water but I guess they are making the creek bed more narrow to help fit future supports in.
    Last edited by Leo C; 04-12-2011 at 09:32 PM.

It looks like they are extending a narrowed section of the creek through the Comet area to probably fit more supports.

RIT - Ride Institute of Technology

The joke site opened up. There's got to be clues amongst the site's pages. It's a game so it can't be taken too seriously. I decided not to play with Hershey's last campaign for Fahrenheit.

I saw this: "8/3/10
    RIT wins new contract for ride construction in Colorado." Is the firm making the Hershey ride designing a ride for Elitch Gardens that will replace their removed flying coaster?

Ad banners with the R.I.T crest logos have appeared on Screamscape and on some site I can't mention. Maybe that will be the logo on the zero cars for the coaster trains.
    Last edited by Leo C; 04-20-2011 at 12:19 AM.

The R.I.T site is adding more clues to the different sections of the site. It looks like it throws clues that when deciphered mention Stormrunner in terms of propulsion, the cosmos: related to Great Bear. It looks like Wildcat may have been mentioned as well. Between Comet and Great Bear I think this ride will have another cosmos theme.

Land across the creek from Comet, near Comet's turnaround has been dug up. This is near the road that is the boundary of the park. Supposedly this is where the footers for the bottom of the first drop will go. I think if they use this figure 8 layout it will look like a figure 8 wooden coaster. I would back this Project X as being a Steel Comet.

Mark your calendars for June 1st as Kathy Burrows (HersheyParks PR rep) will be on to chat with us! Are you excited?
    ~Website Admin and Staff Director~

Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator 305

Wow, how to prepare?

On the hunt for 400 Thunderhawk's Avatar
    I personally am really hoping this ends up being an Intamin hyper/mega coaster. After riding Bizarro at SFNE last weekend, I would kill for a similiar experience in my home state.

Leo, I tried to P.M. you but your mailbox is full.
    My hardest earned credit is The Legend at Holiday World, first ridden 5.19.2012, exactly 1399 days after my first visit to Holiday World.
    Next up: Beech Bend/Kentucky Kingdom/Kings Island/Cedar Point
    Favorites: Amusement Park: SFGAdv/Cedar Point/SFMM | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Ravine Flyer II, Outlaw Run, Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Bizarro @ SFNE, New Texas Giant, Iron Rattler

I don't know, from what the Ride Institute site is giving off, I have a feeling we will be seeing a new type of launch coaster, so I'd bet more on Rita/iSpeed type accelerator. Plus, the supposed layout that's been leaked (again, most likely not true) points to that. We won't know though until they decide to come clean with what they have planned, or Kathy Burrows is allowed to give us a form of confirmation as to what they are preparing. I agree that they may name the coaster in line with a cosmos theme, but the only hint given (again, from the RIT site) is Big Dipper, and I only say that cause the constellation itself was a darker color than the rest of the bastardized version of Ursa Major given in the first study. The release of the fourth study is confusing as **** though since it doesn't have anything, just that bit from Dr. M. Coupone...

I'd like it to be an X-car coaster from Mauher Sohene.

Minetrain Poster eastcoastermike's Avatar
    Just wondering, but with RIT being the "designers" for the ride, has anyone noticed that they are advertising the company on Screamscape? The advertising space on that site doesn't go cheap, I just wonder if the editor of screamscape.com is being paid by Hersheypark for the advertising or if they are being paid by RIT. I think if we could find out this simple bit of information, we may have something concrete to go by.

R.I.T is fake. It's a play along campaign from Hersheypark. It's neat they're paying Screamscape for the ad. It's a good channel to go to.

It's not an ad. I have Ad Blocker on my computer and no ads come up except the RIT banner. I think it's a banner that RIT asked Lance to put up, but no a traditional ad. I don't think he was paid for it.

Ad,banner,ad,banner. If it was a banner of Coke we'd know what it was for.

Reminder: I believe June 1st this site has a Coaster Chat with a Hershey PR person. Let's come up with some interesting questions.

Do not forget about chat tonight with Kathy! 7pm ET in our chat room. Don't be late!
    ~Website Admin and Staff Director~

Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator 305

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast