Thread: Metal Gear Solid 2

Metal Gear Solid 2

What does everyone think about this game. I think it is going to be awesome and the demo was jaw-dropping!!!
    LETS GO DEVILS!!!

Giga Poster
    If its like the original it should be good.
    "Well, I hate to be a snitch, but my neighbor Homer Simpson turned a radioactive ape loose in my house. Its taken over the whole top floor."~Ned Flanders
    Favorites: Amusement Park: SFMM | Wooden Roller Coaster: Texas Giant | Steel Roller Coaster: 1. Titan, 2. Volcano, 3. Alpengeist, 4. Mr. Freeze, 5. Apollo's Chariot

I'm not impressed by MGS:2. I wasn't impressed with MGS either though. The graphics on 2 are blurry and out of focus. Frankly it looks a lot like a N64 game with some more polygons. A game like this blatantly shows off the lack of good anti-aliasing on the PS2. Maybe it's because there are so few quality games on the PS2 that people flock to whatever happens to turn out well... In short I think the graphics, while good for the PS2, aren't very good compared to other games I've seen. If you want to play MGS, I'd wait for the Bleem! pack and play it on your Dreamcast where it will look better.

Once you've seen other games from E3 2001, you begin to realize just how good games can really be, and for the PS2 the amounts to GT3, and not much else. I actually prefer Rogue Leader for the GameCube and the visuals of Halo for the Xbox to anything (excluding GT3) on the PS2.
    Last edited by Tim; 07-25-2001 at 03:38 PM.

You cannot play Sony Playstation 2 games on Bleem for the Dreamcast only Sony Playstation 1 games.
    LETS GO DEVILS!!!

You forget about a lot of excellent games that are out and are coming out for PS2. What about Madden NFL 2001, Gran Turismo 3, Metal Gear Solid 2, Devil May Cry, Final Fantasy 10 and 11, SSX, SSX Tricky, Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3, Crash Bandicoot:The Wrath of Cortex, Silent Hill 2 and Tekken 4. I am looking forward to and going to buy Gamecube and X-box and I have a PS2 and Dreamcast and don't go bash a good system just because you probably don't have it and thats why your mad. PS2 is an amazing system and the Bleem for Dreamcast only works with Playstation 1 games and makes the games look no better than when the games are in a PS2.
    LETS GO DEVILS!!!

Sorry to say, but play GT2 on the PS2 and then play the Bleem! GT2 on a Dreamcast. There is a HUGE difference. Next question, do I have a PS2? No. Have I played it extensively? Yes. Are there many good games for it RIGHT NOW? No. Will there be good games for it in the future? Possibly.

How long do gamers have to keep hearing "just wait, just wait, the next thing will be great" from Sony before they wake up?

That said, there are the occassional gems for the PS2. GT3 is easily one of the greatest games I've ever played.

About the Bleem! I meant to say MGS, not MGS:2. My mistake.

This is also the wrong thread to be having this debate though. If you want to continue then we should be posting in http://www.coasterforum.com/boards/s...2&pagenumber=2
    Last edited by Tim; 07-25-2001 at 03:37 PM.

House of the Late Scapegoat phantompenguin's Avatar
    bleem! for the DC is a vast improvement over playing the same game on PS2.

Personally I could give a flying **** about this game, I hated the first one and this doesn't look to be that great either.
    phantompenguin
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kennywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderbolt | Steel Roller Coaster: Incredible Hulk

Originally posted by phantompenguin
    bleem! for the DC is a vast improvement over playing the same game on PS2.

Personally I could give a flying **** about this game, I hated the first one and this doesn't look to be that great either.
    I can't say Im not curious as to why you didn't like the first game... so, thats you opinion and everything, but please tell me why you dont like the first one.
    Thrillride! Better than Banimation, PERIOD!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Wildcat at Hersheypark | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: Ride of Steel at SFNE

i cant wait for MGS2:SOL
    i loved the demo!!!!!
    bought ZoE just for that demo!

Inverted Poster
    How can you say there are no good games out for ps2. There is Gran Tourismo 3, Grand Theft Auto 3, Madden 2002, NHL 2001, Twisted Metal: Black and many other games. As for Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty that will be a must have. The first one was great and the 2nd one also seems to be great if not better from the demo. I already pre-ordered and hope to get it on Nov. 11.
    New England Patriots, the Super Bowl XXXVI Champions will defend their Championship well this year by winning again. You saw it here first.
    USA is in the Top 10 of the FIFA World Rankings for the first time ever.
    Congrats to Brazil for winning the 2002 FIFA World Cup.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Lake Compounce | Wooden Roller Coaster: Boulder Dash | Steel Roller Coaster: Supeman Ride of Steel at Six Flags New England

Joe, if you look at the date that he wrote that none of those games you wrote were even released yet, with the exception of TMB.
    Millennium Force Crew '05
    Magnum Crew '06

Proud member of the Notre Dame Class of 2008
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Jack Rabbit | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200

So is it a must get?

I say it's a definite must get!
    I pre-ordered mine yesterday (made me pay an extra $10) but o well! Atleast now I can play one of the best new games coming out for PS2.

I think it will be ONE of the best games for PS2 I think GTA will be better (Thats my favorite game right now)But I'll wait and see
    MGS2 is a must It should be on everyones Chirstmas List!