Thread: SF Over Texas

Looping Poster
    Post your SFOT trip reports here!

I went to SFOT a few weekends ago, and I must say that Titan is amazing! I rode it twice and from the first turn to the final brake run it is one great adrenaline rush. The Texas Giant is running very smoothly this season also.
    A new giant emerges at Six Flags Over Texas of truly "TITAN"ic proportions.
    <BR>
    <BR>Summer 2001 Washington D.C. trip:
    <BR>
    <BR>3 parks
    <BR>31 coasters
    <BR>72 hours
    <BR>--------------
    <BR>
    <BR>Does the Discovery Channel care? I didn't think so.

Looping Poster
    Okay... Here it is!
    <BR>
    <BR>Went to SFOT on the Tuesday after Memorial Day. Good day to go save the heat. It was up around 90 mid-day, but the longest line was Titan which was less than an hour.
    <BR>
    <BR>First off the bat was Titan. This ride need some greenage, canopies or AC. You really are exposed while standing in line. This leads to the blackouts, which I experienced for my first time on a coaster. Look for the brakes to be adjusted on the second half of the ride. The final helix is a trip when you can't see. Very strange feeling.
    <BR>
    <BR>Next stop was Batman. Good ride, but could be better. Air Conditioning needs some work. Talk about the funk! Mr. Freeze was no different.
    <BR>
    <BR>Over the next few hours we hit everything else that was open in the park. Flashback was closed, just a boomer anyway, and Rob Roy needs a paint job.
    <BR>
    <BR>Now, who in creation rated the Texas Giant #1? Spare me folks, this thing needs new cars or some tightened trucks. I think I need a Chiropractor!
    <BR>
    <BR>Final ride, Titan of course. Line lenght was about 35 minutes this time around. Still hot, but after some food and liquid injections, no black out. Hence my comment about the heat causing it.
    <BR>
    <BR>All in all it was a good day. My money is still on the brake adjustment as was needed with Goliath. The "Up" helix after the bunny hop is a nice touch, but you don't get as much air time on this ride as you do on Goliath.
    When you say WISCONSIN!!! You've said it all!

Titan rules. So does Texas Giant. Freeze hurts to much. Batman is good for an overdone clone. Shockwave and Flashback are okay. Runaway Mountain is great. La Vibora is boring.
    I only have room for 255 characters, so I had better make this quick and not use up much space or else I will run out and not have room to get my point across, which is a very good point that you should all know, which is

Corkscrew Poster
    Am I the only person who likes every single ride there? This could quite possibly be the best park I've been to in terms of every coaster rocking. Titan (I've been on Goliath), Texas Giant, Mr. Freeze, Batman were all awesome, awesome, etc... The mine train, Judge Roy Scream, and La Vibora were all good, better than I thought they would be. I was extremely impressed with this park.

Been Here Since the Begining Sir Willow's Avatar
    Jim, did you black out or grey out?
    <BR>
    <BR>Black out= out cold, unconcious, oblivious to the world around you (think fainting or knocked out)
    <BR>
    <BR>Grey out= fading vision, lack of color, dizziness, but still awake and at least a little aware of what's around you.
    <BR>
    <BR>Sounds to me like you greyed out, not blacked out.
    Have you read my number 1 best seller? There will be a test! ~God
    Life with God is one thrill ride you'll never want to get off of.
    My park & coaster photos: Sir Willow's Smugmug pictures
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Silver Dollar City, Dollywood, Bonfante Gardens, Holiday World, SFGrAm, Legoland and Disneyland | Wooden Roller Coaster: Phoenix,Thunderhead- Dollywood, NM Rattler, Raven & Legend- HW, Viper- SFGrAm, Giant Dipper-SCBB | Steel Roller Coaster: X!!, Goliath, Talon, Millenium Force, Montu, Kumba, others

IMO the only ride that need to go is LaVibora. That ride has no purpose where it is. Maybe move it to another section of the park, or get rid of it.
    I can do ALL things through CHRIST who strengthens me.

Corkscrew Poster
    blacking out sucks. i never have but my friends have.

<!-- BBCode Quote Start --><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    <BR>On 2001-05-31 16:29, Jim Payne wrote:
    <BR>Rob Roy needs a paint job.
    <BR>
    <BR></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><!-- BBCode Quote End -->
    <BR>
    <BR>It's Judge Roy Scream, just a little mistake. Anyways I go to SFOT atleast 4 times a week every week. Titan is a great coaster which(IMHO) is way better thn Goliath. Texas Giant is a great wooden coaster and I've ridden many.
    Top 5 Coasters
    <BR>1. Steel Dragon 2000
    <BR>2. Titan
    <BR>3. Millenium Force
    <BR>4. Nitro
    <BR>5. Texas Giant

Is it me, or did batman get new wheels? It seemed to be going really fast

Train one on Batman got a rehab this year i believe.
    Titan Laps: 151
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Over Texas