Page 1 of 82 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Wild Eagle Dollywood 2012

Editor

Wild Eagle Dollywood 2012

From what I understand Dollywood is planning a big addition to the park for 2012....the lates rumers have said a roller coaster, also they said that they should break ground for the 2012 addition in june or july of 2011 that's pretty early for Dollywood.... Sounds like it may be a repeat of when they built The Mystery Mine.

I'll be keeping an eye out more details concerning this subject!

SO...what do you think they could be planning? Where in the park do you think it will go? What style coaster do you think it could be?

Now on with the disscussion.........
    The Adventure is coming! 2014 Coaster Draft picks
    Kingda Ka, Wild Eagle, ​Bahemath, The Kraken, FireChaser Express, Mavrick, Medusa, ​Full Throttle, Storm Runner,
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: ThunderHead | Steel Roller Coaster: Wild Eagle

I'd love to talk about 2012 but I'm gonna guess this thread will be closed pretty quickly unless pete mentions something in here. lol.
    -Termination complete-

Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood

I'm the good looking one Brian F's Avatar
    A town called Big Nothing (Really Big Nothing)
    CoasterCraze- where did you hear that rumor? I hope it's true!

Sclisso, as long as there's substance, and people don't try to turn into a "DW general discussion thread" there's no problem. Mr Owens coming in and offering some insight (or even a flat-out tease) would certainly lend some weight to the thread.
    ThrillNetwork Lead Moderator
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force or Magnum- tough call.

Editor
    I heard it thru my sources well just one of them...OK I heard it about it here Dollywood

Oh and this seems a little crazy but you may want to check this too!http://www.coaster101.com/2009/08/30...-next-coaster/

Hope this make you guys a little more interested.
    Last edited by Chris A; 11-23-2010 at 01:30 PM.
    Kingda Ka, Wild Eagle, ​Bahemath, The Kraken, FireChaser Express, Mavrick, Medusa, ​Full Throttle, Storm Runner,
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: ThunderHead | Steel Roller Coaster: Wild Eagle

Wasn't that the rule before? I thought theads were getting closed because it was too early to start talking about that year? I like that we are allowed to though, 2012 is going to be a great year.
    -Termination complete-

I Would love to See A Terrain Flying Coaster but I Doubt it would happen.

^I agree, that would be a nice addition. I would also like to see a B&M Invert similar to Nemesis go into the park.
    -Termination complete-

Not a Superman Either, But a Tatsu/ Air/ Manta Like Coaster

Yeah, I agree. I've always had an idea that it could be eagle themed to go along with the sanctuary. It would be cool to fly above the trees and dive down into the valleys and stuff. It would be a great idea for the park.
    -Termination complete-

Editor
    Quote Originally Posted by Sclisso View Post
    Yeah, I agree. I've always had an idea that it could be eagle themed to go along with the sanctuary. It would be cool to fly above the trees and dive down into the valleys and stuff. It would be a great idea for the park.
    I totally agree with you here! I too have had an idea about a coaster themed to an eagle. I think that old mansion, if refurbished could be a possible station for the coaster!

That's an excellent Idea! I never thought about that. I would like to see more thrill rides down in that area. Although, a new wooden coaster, or even that rumored dueling coaster from like GCI or something would be nice also. I like the look of a wooden coaster in Dollywood. It just fits the park well.
    -Termination complete-

Editor
    I also heard that the new addition would be very detailed! and they said that you see why it is so detailed! I thought I would throw it in open and let you all know!!!

any thoughts?

Detailed?

An Interactive Dark Ride Anyone?

I would be receptive to a flying coaster over the terrain.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

It would work well there. Like if the lift hill went up the mountain parallel to the train tracks, curved a little and dove into the little valley there where a pretzel loop would fit, then do twist over the hill and over into the next valley where it could swoop over the trees and maybe have a couple more inversions. I tried drawing on the google earth image but my drawing skills suck so I posted a picture of just the terrain. It would really work great there. I really hope whatever coaster is next will be something more for the thrill seekers and slightly less for the family. Obviously they aren't going to like the 54 inch height limit on a B&M but I hope they would still try to do something with them and forget about the height restrictions for this one ride. BTW, what used to be in the old mansion?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    -Termination complete-

Ride Warrior 1969
    WOW, aren't we getting the jump a tad early on this one??

A little, but ehh, it will be okay.
    -Termination complete-

Editor
    OK everyone, I did some digging and I've got to say I think I found a very valuable piece of information!

I found the following sentence on another coaster site and I do believe it's true so here it is:

"During a tour of the Wildfire maintenance shed at SDC last weekend, the guide, a ride maintenance officer, mentioned Dollywood is in talks to get a B&M for 2012. He made a point to say that no contract had been signed yet."

Thoughts?

I'm the good looking one Brian F's Avatar
    A town called Big Nothing (Really Big Nothing)
    It would be nice to have some substantiation to it. I hope it's true, though.
    ThrillNetwork Lead Moderator
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force or Magnum- tough call.

I'm the good looking one Steven's Avatar
    Those links are to pages that are almost 2 years old. In the meantime, I hope it's my 500-foot wooden inverted launched coaster. Just think about how fun that would be!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum

B&M? (insert something random about how I love me some B&M here). Lol. I would sure hope theyre planning to get one.

^lol, everything is possible steven! It could happen! I know I read on the specifications for the Timberliner trains that they were supposed to be capable of launching. And someone at IAPPA had a launching wooden coaster concept didnt they? I think something like that would be nice at dollywood. Wooden coasters look nice in the park.
    -Termination complete-

Editor
    I'll keep looking for more updates on this matter!

I'm the good looking one Steven's Avatar
    Dollywood needs a Beemer mighty bad. I wonder what the theming might be like?
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum

I so totally agree. I've always thought a flyer with an Eagle theme would be PERFECT, but it's just a dream. I'm hoping Pete likes the idea and considers it for the future,lol. =)
    -Termination complete-

Hershey is way more solid with their 2012 news. The situation has to be like that.
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

So we're definitely getting closer to summer. I really hope Pete starts dropping hints pretty soon so we can have an idea frenzy,lol. I'm looking forward to it though.

Pete Owens, Come back! haha.
    -Termination complete-

There still isn't anything out there to make this any more legitimate.

Editor
    Ok, As we speak I'm awaiting a reply back from Pete himself about next season. I should hear back from him tomorrow or so.

I would suspect a teaser coming between May or July.

Time will only tell!

Everyone, as a reminder, please keep in mind that this is a rumors thread, not a wish list. In order for this forum to stay open, there needs to be some sort of substantiated evidence that indicates something will occur next year, whether it is a website or a very reliable source. A teaser is not considered a rumor, but more in line with a wish list too. And teasers have often amounted to nothing. All sources I and others have used point towards nothing large occuring next year at all. The best thing to do is focus on 2011 in the Dollywood new announcements thread or the Barnstormer thread. Placing a rumor for 2012 is becoming a bit premature without evidence to back it up. Hence without further info, I will have to close this thread. If reliable information does become available, I'll be more than happy to open this thread again.
    Last edited by Antoine; 02-28-2011 at 03:48 AM.
    ThrillNetwork Moderator(Originally known as Nitro Luvr)
    2014 Coaster Draft Selection - Shambhala - Katun - Troy - Superman / la Atracción de Acero - Nefeskesen - Mammut - Air - Big Thunder Mountain
    Proud mem**r of the 400 club!!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags Magic Mountain, and Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Thunderhead, Mammut, and Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Hyper-Nitro, Giga-Intimidator 305, LIM/LSM- bluefire, Inverted-Katun, Floorless-Kraken, Flying-Manta

Looks like Dollywood is submitting their 2012 plans to the City of Pigeon Forge. Look under themountainpress.com, recent articles. The forum won't let me post the actual link. Not much information, but states the relocation of 3 buildings and a possible coaster?

Page 1 of 82 123451151 ... LastLast