Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Most annoying ride attendants

What ride has the rudest staff on a continous basis?
    <BR>
    <BR>I'll have to say Mantis at Cedar Point

And everyone says CP is the best park in the world..... Hummm....

The employees at most of the Six Flags parks I've been to are not very friendly.
    <BR>

Mantis crews are actually pretty nice based on my experience. The worst crew I ever met was on MegaZeph.

Ultra Poster
    I've never been to a theme park with rude staff. I dunno, I just have the same good days with the staff operating the roller coasters.

The Mantis crew is pathetic, low spirits, no morale, probably 50 attempted suicides a day.

<!-- BBCode Quote Start --><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    <BR>On 2001-07-03 17:42, NitroExplodes wrote:
    <BR>And everyone says CP is the best park in the world..... Hummm....
    <BR></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><!-- BBCode Quote End -->
    <BR>
    <BR>It is but these people are pathetic

Been Here Since the Begining Sir Willow's Avatar
    Antfarm, I know that you're trying to be sarcastic to make your point. But you're not funny. Please find a better way to make your point than trying to make a joke out of suicides and the like.
    Have you read my number 1 best seller? There will be a test! ~God
    Life with God is one thrill ride you'll never want to get off of.
    My park & coaster photos: Sir Willow's Smugmug pictures
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Silver Dollar City, Dollywood, Bonfante Gardens, Holiday World, SFGrAm, Legoland and Disneyland | Wooden Roller Coaster: Phoenix,Thunderhead- Dollywood, NM Rattler, Raven & Legend- HW, Viper- SFGrAm, Giant Dipper-SCBB | Steel Roller Coaster: X!!, Goliath, Talon, Millenium Force, Montu, Kumba, others

Wooden Poster
    batwing at SFA... they will not let you choose your seating arrangement. they count off 24, enought for the ride and file you up and tell you where to sit. if you are in a group, they will split you up in order to fill the ride... reminds me of southpark the other night, when cartman told the two kids they couldnt ride the haunted house, and the kids replied we payed 29.95 and we can ride what we want to... same situation if you ask me....

I haven't really had a bad experience, unless you count unenthusiastic ride ops (Several times on Skull Mountain the guy would say "*sigh* enjoy your ride on skuuullll mountain" in a very monotonous voice, but then again, I couldn't really blame him.)

Well, are BGW, SFA, or PKD known for having rude ride staff? 'Cause I'm going to those parks next week. I just read about the Batwing thing, and hopefully that's the only one.
    "YOU got into Harvard Law School?!"
    "Why, is that hard?"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Mean Streak | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Heartline Poster

Angry

THIS TOPIC BELONGS IN AMERICAN COASTERS!!
    I Love Impulse coasters...A 300 ft TA2K ..on word sweet!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: HMM can i be disloyal to my homepark??? | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider | Steel Roller Coaster: Riddlers Revenge (B&M Makes the Best)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DragonSamurai [/i]
    [B]THIS TOPIC BELONGS IN AMERICAN COASTERS!! [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, not necessarily. Though I see your point, it might not be just staff at american parks. Also, he's asking rudEST, which is a comparison, so maybe the mods think that since it's comparing it belongs here. I don't know, I can't speak for them or read their minds, but that's just my view.
    "YOU got into Harvard Law School?!"
    "Why, is that hard?"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Mean Streak | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

i think that the staff on Mantis is pretty terrible

everytime i go to SFMM the staff is very nice to me and my friends

I think its kind of "tradition" for the Mantis crew to be rude and make sarcastic remarks, along with the Gemini crew. Actually, I think the Mantis crew is hilarious at times!
    ~ RAPTOR
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast, Mean Streak, Viper, Thunderbolt | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200, Millennium Force, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), Montu, Expedition Everest, Raptor

Strata Poster
    hmmm.....i haven't encoutered rude staff.
    Its murda...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Epcot | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Coaster, Playland | Steel Roller Coaster: The Hulk

When I was there, the Mantis crew was actually the best I experienced all day. They were making lots of Jokes, had a good speech, and worked quickly. Just shows it has nothing to do with the ride, just the actual people working it at a particular time.
    I'd Rather Be Riding Roller Coasters
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Coney Island Cyclone | Steel Roller Coaster: Tie Between Kraken and Millenium Force

Better Than Any Roller Coaster SFGadvKing's Avatar
    i've never really had experience with good or bad ops. all they really do is check your restraint then put up their thumbs and then a guy presses a button.
    I was once TN's top poster!
    2007 Gadv Count: Kingda Ka-6, El Toro-6, Nitro-4, Medusa-2, S:UF-2, R:TC-1, B:TC-, GASM-0, Skull Mt-0, B:TR-0, RMT-0, RT-0
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Kingda Ka

Ultra Poster
    I still haven't encoutered a rude staff on any ride yet. I don't hope to in the future.....

Exclamation

Any Six Flags park usually has idiots running the rides.
    "You can run but you can't glide" - Homer J. Simpson
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Yankee Cannonball | Steel Roller Coaster: Apollo's Chariot

I found the Mantis Staff to be pretty nice, I think most staffs at parks are pretty good, except that the fact that the garbage people at SFGAM need to do something about those garbage cans in line for Viper.

Looping Poster
    Cartmanland

Most Six Flags staff...they're just standing, there, bored, and sometimes they don't even know what to do...once on the SFOG mine train the girl that checks the lapbars had to tell the girl that was the ride op what to say, and it was obvious the ride op didn't really know what she was doing.
    let's limming
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Over Texas | Wooden Roller Coaster: me no no :( | Steel Roller Coaster: joker's jinx or mr. freeze limmers!

Corkscrew Poster
    i love it when parks pick ur seats, i am the luckiest person in the world! At Bawtwing i got to sit in the front and didnt have to wait any longer, it was great. And at Disney, they had me sit in the front 5 times in a row, by luck. what are the chances of that?

SFAM staff is the worst
    i like roller coasters
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: Nitro

Like somebody said, I think it is a tradition for Mantis staff to be rude
    Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan.

No clue who the guy pictured in my avatar is, but its a great picture nonetheless!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Colossos | Steel Roller Coaster: Kumba

House of the Late Scapegoat phantompenguin's Avatar
    Demon Drop or Boomerang at SF:EG, at least when I went, all opperators were Mexican that had NO clue how to run the rides, expecially at the Demon Drop, it took 15 minutes to load and start the darn ride...
    phantompenguin
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kennywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderbolt | Steel Roller Coaster: Incredible Hulk

New Mexico Rattler Poster BryanWood's Avatar
    I personally have nothing against the Mantis staff. They were never rude, but it seemed like they didn't care. The guy on the mic sounded like Ben Stein. Also, Phantom's Revenge was closed the day I went there, and their staff was at the exit. I asked if the ride would open that day, and a guy said "No, so why don't you get the (expletive) away." I gave him a piece of my mind. That really made me mad!
    Bryan Wood
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Knoebel's, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Voyage, Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath-SFoG, Phantom's Revenge

House of the Late Scapegoat phantompenguin's Avatar
    wow, when I went the staff at the PR were real nice.
    phantompenguin
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kennywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderbolt | Steel Roller Coaster: Incredible Hulk

Wooden Poster

Most annoying ride attendants

This past wedsnday I went to SixflagsGradv. The first ride of the day was Batman and Robin the Chiller. We waited a hour and a half because the ride kept breaking down. Anyway, when the train was ready to launch, the guy who launched said stupid thingsn like, "I'll start counting at ten, opps" and he would launch it.

Ultra Poster
    I've never actually encountered any crappy or annoying ride operators. They've all been really good to me.

This is a duplicate of this post: [url]http://www.coasterforum.com/boards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4181[/url]

-Tom

Tom, I merged the posts. -Bryan Wood
    Rock concert movement number 3: ready, go.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, Disneyland, SFMM | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: X2

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast