Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: looping waterslide

Hyper Poster
    Lol, that makes those tight, circular Schwarzkopf coasters look like nothing. I'd estimate you'd pull close to 4 or 5 g's on that thing. Wow.
    Big Brother is Watching You.

CO-FOUNDER OF THE WWHBC, we want Honan!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: King's Island, Kennywood, and Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Any Boomerang

Mega Poster
    Originally posted by chilled
    i would definatly give it a try tho i would go down on my stomach

yeah, if ya wanna knock yourself out, break ya neck and take your face off at the same time, go ahead lol
    http://www.brettstevens.5u.com/
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg/Six Flags Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Wild One | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: Ride of Steel

Minetrain Poster
    Originally posted by SFGadvKing

I went to NJ's Action Park one Summer, around 1983/84 or so... they did have a waterslide with a loop. \
    \
    anyone who said they rode this ride then is on crack, because it didnt appear until the early 90's. any it would only be open for maybe an hour of the day.

action park was the greatest water park on the face of the earth. there was nothing like it, and there will never be another park like it.

for instance, what park you get paid to go to, spend over an hour on a water ride if you felt the need. then go down a 100 ft waterslide steeper then 90 degrees on top of a hill so it looked about 500 ft. go through a cannoball shute where if you went fast enough, you could flip around the tube, and then land in 35 degree water. dont forget bungee jumping, they had the first and best slingshot i can recall (the one at GA isnt worth 2 cents)
    they also had the first space shot ride i can recall seeing.
    where else can you just decide you wanna run the rock in some bball, or challange the volleyball pro there to a one on five. they also had an american gladiators competition that was quite badass.
    theres also a 75 ft cliff dive, a slide that stops and drops you about 40/50 feet into a pool, there was the blue mat race ride where you could often find then entire gambling high stakes on who would make it down first. lets not forget the tarzan swing where you could do whatever the hell you wanted.
    btw they also had a grand prix race track, go carts, speed boats, a tank tennis ball assualt game where you were in the tanx shootin balls at each other. how could i forget the maze with no way out.

lets recap- you have a park you oculd EASILLY sneak into, and you had the worlds greatest variety of rides. thats a damn good park.

BTW - dont wast any time or effort going to mountain creek if you liked AP. everything is safe, and the other side has been leveled. on the brighter side, its easier to sneak in

i could go on for hours about this so i will just stop
    I love to wear sneakers. they make walking just soo much easier. Think about how many less pairs of socks you will lose because you now wear sneakers. thats the isht im talking about.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Hercules | Steel Roller Coaster: Nitro

Cool looping waterslide

Originally posted by edh101985
    I heard their is a looping waterslide but i forget where it is.

there used to be one at action park in vernon new jersey,i rode it once and let me tell ya it was insane,but it is now gone.
    Warning!!! Going to Six Flags may cause: headaches, anxiety, rage, nausea, dizzyness, fatigue, dementia, confusion, nightmares, severe mental illness and or death. Please contact your local branch of Cedar Fair before attempting to waste your time. "Did I check the seatbelts?" -Disgruntled Six Flags Ride-Op.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Big Bad Wolf

thats crazy! when you are on the slide are you in a one person tube?
    MARYLAND WINS! MARYLAND WINS!Deine Mutter schmekt gut
    Founder of the SEMN, Proud member of the WWHBC
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Grizzly@PKD and Wild One@SFA | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

Re: looping waterslide

i've heard rumors of a looping waterslide. is there really one and where is it?
    Seriously? I have never heard of that! It sounds pretty cool though!
    huced on foniks wealy wurkt fur mey
    I love my Jesus! Proud Member of ACE, and MSFC
    Cedar Point Rules - America's Rockin' Roller Coast!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point Amusement Park | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Villain, Kennywood's Jack Rabbit, Kennywood's Racer | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor, Magnum, Batman Knight Flight

Minetrain Poster
    u guys should try to read through the whole topic b4 replying. everything you guys said was repeated about 20, maybe 22 at most, times. just a little fyi
    I love to wear sneakers. they make walking just soo much easier. Think about how many less pairs of socks you will lose because you now wear sneakers. thats the isht im talking about.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Hercules | Steel Roller Coaster: Nitro

That'd be an awesome ride to ride but amazingly painful. I still can't believe they even built one.

I'm thinking the Mob owned the park, from what I hear...Money hungry, unsafe, finger pointing...either thats the United States Congress or the Mob...you decide...
    Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan.

No clue who the guy pictured in my avatar is, but its a great picture nonetheless!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Colossos | Steel Roller Coaster: Kumba

Minetrain Poster
    whoever owned it, it was a badass park

Wooden Poster
    Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! That looks painful!!!
    Ride on...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags over Georgia | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Great American Scream Machine | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: Ultimate Flight

Better Than Any Roller Coaster SFGadvKing's Avatar
    im not really sure what this means, but i found this website click here. it says "New 17 feet high, 133 feet long looping waterslide with flume shut down lane" im not really sure if it really has a loop in it. any other information about this?
    I was once TN's top poster!
    2007 Gadv Count: Kingda Ka-6, El Toro-6, Nitro-4, Medusa-2, S:UF-2, R:TC-1, B:TC-, GASM-0, Skull Mt-0, B:TR-0, RMT-0, RT-0
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Kingda Ka

im not really sure what this means, but i found this website click here. it says "New 17 feet high, 133 feet long looping waterslide with flume shut down lane" im not really sure if it really has a loop in it. any other information about this?
    I doubt it has a loop in it, due to the length of the slide.
    Life is a rollercoaster, enjoy it, b/c the ride is always too short (If someone's already said this, sorry, I didn't mean to rip it off ya)
    Favorites: Amusement Park: BGW | Wooden Roller Coaster: Backwards Rebel Yell | Steel Roller Coaster: Apollo's Chariot

Minetrain Poster
    ive been to mountain creek and think its an awesome park but before it was mountain creek where was the looping water slide.

No no, not the mob, just crooks, trust me.
    *Evil*Princess*
    Favorites: Amusement Park: WDW Resort (so shoot me I'm a Disney Nut at heart) | Wooden Roller Coaster: Coney Island Cyclone and Comet @ Great Escape | Steel Roller Coaster: Nitro and Medusa East, oh and Dueling Dragons...B&Ms baby!

That looks painful but fun!!!!!!!!!!
    ThrillNetwork Tech Admin

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghost Rider | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Wooden Poster
    I would take one look at that ride and say "No way." I wouldn't even consider it.
    Brett Stevens
    Quote: "School is like a Gerstlaur train - Long, hard, and a pain in the butt!"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson, NJ | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast at Paramount's Kings Island in Cincinatti, OH | Steel Roller Coaster: Nitro at Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson, NJ

New Mexico Rattler Poster BryanWood's Avatar
    I always thought a looping water slide would be cool. But, the physics of it would cost a lot of money to design and maintain.
    Bryan Wood
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Knoebel's, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Voyage, Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath-SFoG, Phantom's Revenge

Mega Poster
    I always thought it would be cool but it would never happen... but that was back when I thought coasters should have 10+ inversions and be crazy...
    http://www.brettstevens.5u.com/
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg/Six Flags Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Wild One | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: Ride of Steel

If you hadn't included the pic, I would have never believed it. My gosh, that is one of the most amazing things I have ever seen. And I thought summit plummit at Blizzard Beach was bad!

Wooden Poster
    That really is bizarre looking. Think a looping waterslide could ever really work and be comfortable?

Wouldn't it hurt at the end, sliding out? It doesn't look like there's a pool, but a puddle of water.
    Last edited by CrescentFresh; 02-18-2002 at 02:47 PM.
    "I know EVERYTHING! I know what you're thinking right now. It's disgusting! But that one part was cute, the part with the hats." - Joss Whedon
    Favorites: | Steel Roller Coaster: Nitro

my brother told me about Action Park and he said it was sooo dangerous and intense.. i think he went on that loop coaster also. He said it was nuts the whole park wus dangerous

Was anyone actually hurt on it?

I would think that a looping waterslide would be fun, but the loop would have to be bigger than that. That looks like it would probably snap your neck .
    MARYLAND WINS! MARYLAND WINS!Deine Mutter schmekt gut
    Founder of the SEMN, Proud member of the WWHBC
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Grizzly@PKD and Wild One@SFA | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

Looping Poster

Look like headchopper

What happend if someone raise his head up from panic or other reason during this ride ? . I dont like any covered aslide because I am afraid I will forget to lie down and raise my head up .
    Enjoy the ride of your life
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Belgium | Wooden Roller Coaster: Weer Wolf - Six Flags Belgium | Steel Roller Coaster: Space Mountain - Disneyland Paris

That......Is the most.......Retarted invention ever!!
    Who ever made that should be shot!
    I never rode it but that looks miserable!!!
    Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie
    "Increase the Flash Gordon noise and put more science stuff around"
    "Okay, let's see here... Shatner, Shatner... no, doesn't look like he's in this one; we're safe."
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Son Of Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

Originally posted by CeDaRPoInTzTeR
    X? MF? S:Ros? Stratosphere? DT? ??? Wat coaster could ever compare to this!!!! I mean this is the best thing since PBJ. Its so wrong it the best thing ever. I mean this is finally ride you could of actually died on. If this was still existing my sn would be DeAtHSlIdE.
    What are you insane?

Please use the edit button in the future. See Instructions below. -Mod

Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie
    "Increase the Flash Gordon noise and put more science stuff around"
    "Okay, let's see here... Shatner, Shatner... no, doesn't look like he's in this one; we're safe."
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Son Of Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

Talking

I still think that picture is a fake!
    "Bueller... Bueller... Bueller..."
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kennywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderbolt | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum

Its not fake...belive me...it was in the book White Knuckle Ride.....damn I wish I knew where my copy of that book is.

that picture is from the book. i have it. It does look a bit surreal i think, but i'm sure it existed.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast