Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will Son of Beast Reopen in 2013

I think they are waiting to see how the re-do of the Texas Giant turns out - then they'll make a decision as to re-doiing SOB (and Mean Streak) or removing the coaster from the park.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes View Post
    Let's make it the world's first inverted wooden coaster.

Just cut all the middle boards.
    And since it is your idea, I volunteer you to be the first victim, errrr I mean rider on that coaster too.lol
    ThrillNetwork Moderator(Originally known as Nitro Luvr)
    2014 Coaster Draft Selection - Shambhala - Katun - Troy - Superman / la Atracción de Acero - Nefeskesen - Mammut - Air - Big Thunder Mountain
    Proud mem**r of the 400 club!!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags Magic Mountain, and Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Thunderhead, Mammut, and Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Hyper-Nitro, Giga-Intimidator 305, LIM/LSM- bluefire, Inverted-Katun, Floorless-Kraken, Flying-Manta

Screamscape said there may be in the joke coaster and ride graveyard a marker saying "My Unloved Son" with an open empty casket out front.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

I think this is them secretly announcing it. Last year the graveyard stuff was by Diamondback. If they moved it over by Beast and theres a fresh hole and casket saying that then there is obviously a connection. Maybe they'll let us help burn it down?
    My God is not dead, He's surely alive. He's living on the inside, roaring like a lion
    Thrillnetwork Moderator, formerly Tigeraceray

Just keep your eyes on Christ - Lecrae
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Diamondback

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	37953_473655812007_758317007_6598601_2141445_n.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	99.4 KB 
ID:	18888 This picture was taken October 1st, 2010 in the Beast queue line. There are other graves in that area too. :-D

It was back at the Beast last year too, Austin!
    ~Website Admin and Staff Director~

Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator 305

Oh haha. We never got around to riding Beast last year so we didn't spend much time around it. All the more reasons I cant wait to go back on the 8th
    My God is not dead, He's surely alive. He's living on the inside, roaring like a lion

Favorites: Amusement Park: Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Diamondback

Wish we were going back to KI this year. We decided to do CP and they are being gracious enough to give us a behind the scenes tour and stuff as we were unable to make their media event. It was like less than a day's notice. So we asked to come out on the 1st. Super excited!

Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator 305

Katie is saying nice things about CP? What is this madness?
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313

Proud Mem**r of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

I'm thinking our new youth leader at church might be planning a Cedar Point trip in the future for the older kids. I doubt they'll do that for us He's from Ohio so thats one reason haha

I know, Wes. I like CP and I absolutely LOVE Maverick and Magnum, but it's not my favorite park.

The park is great, it has its charm and rides. Its just not my kind of park.

The PR team of the park is being nice enough to let us get some behind the scenes stuff, so we are excited to get back to the park in 2 years.

I liked the park when I went in 2008 but like you said, I don't see anything about it I could fall in love with.

I'm glad we may have some common ground. I don't love that park. I observe they have some really giant rides, the widest selection but I do not have favorites from there or see it like others do. I'm still waiting for a good new woodie so I would risk my life driving the 8 hours there again. That's CP I'm talking about.

Now KI: I dig it especially when the Phillies are in town to play the Reds.
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

*CP fanboys attack!*

I like CP a lot, but it's not my favorite park. In my opinion they have like 5 great coasters and 12 medicore/average ones.

CF and SF both are overpriced on their food and that's one thing against them in my book. I don't mind paying the money at Busch, because they have great food.

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

Racer showed me at SFOG what's probably their best value item: the onion rings and fries.

Back on topic I noticed the other day Screamscape posted the rumor again for 2012. The grounds for the rumor was the SOB grave at Beast. Apparently Screamscape hasn't got wind that this has been a prop since 2009.

I personally hope Son of Beast gets tore down so the rumors will stop!

I'm bringing my ax just in case on the 8th. Anyone who wants to help tear the pos down is welcome to join me.

^Feel free to say hi if you see us; we're not hard to spot. My son has a blue wheelchair that looks like a big stroller. We'll be there from 10 AM til 10 PM or so.
    205 coasters and counting...
    Travel Blog | Twitter | Facebook
    Favorites: Amusement Park: All of them | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator

Kings Island looking new at 40 | Cincinnati.com | cincinnati.com Thanks to Screamscape pointing this out: bottom paragraph says closed for 2012. Park still evaluating options.

They had ****ie Knievel at the park before. For the park's 40th they should implode SOB.

Ha ha ha ha I meant Rob-bie Knievel.
    Last edited by Leo C; 05-04-2012 at 09:24 PM.

Better yet, Brady Bunch: The Movie... Return to Kings Island!

As they crest the hill on SOB, they blow up the lift behind them.

Perfect for 2012: Tie in the movie The Hunger Games and the 40th Anniversary of the park. They should hang a huge bullseye target on the lift hill and turnaround structure. Then archers can hit the target with flaming arrows.

Seriously just tear this ride down. Im tired of looking at a ride i cant go on and that hasnt been the same since the removal of the loop.

Apparently word is out that Ouimett has said this would cost too much to revamp (support structure mainly), so it will be taken down and replaced.
    SpeedZone Staffer
    *2012 Draft 3rd Place!
    Creation List: Indecisive - Timber Wolf: The Hunt - Rewind - Omega - Forbidden Forest Ride - unknown
    Tutorials: Current: B&M Floorless/Sit-Down inverting
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Skyrocket

Good riddance. Too bad Paramount couldn't design the thing better than they did.

Hats for (Carousel)Horses Racer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo C View Post
    Racer showed me at SFOG what's probably their best value item: the onion rings and fries.
    Haha. I actually remember that.
    ThrillNetwork SpeedZone Editor and unofficial DB Editor
    Please stand with your feet flat on the... stand up.. no- why are you sitting??? STAND UP ON THE GEORGIA SCORCHER!!!
    2014 Coaster Draft: Leviathan, Banshee, Alpengeist, Aftershock, GoldStriker, DareDevilDive, GeorgiaScorcher, Tatsu, SheiKra
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath(SFOG)

The USA diner.

Anyways, is Cincinnati in tornado alley? We need all the help we can get to get Son of Beast down.

It wasn't the ride that was the full issue (pardon the Rose Bowl). The actual support system is what cause a LOT of the issues it dealt with.

While I'm here, I'm going to be very flamed for this, but Beast needs to be added into this as well. Oh, dear, LORD did it suck major bum >< Seriously, it is all "Ow, ow, ow, ow, GCI Retracked Corner, MEGA OUCH!". Seriously, the Beast this season actually ENDED a day at an amusement park for me! Either burn it down with its son or get GCI back out there, slap them with Zues SEVERAL times and force them the retrack the entire god awful ride at this point. I rode in the middle and the ride was overall WORSE than riding the back seat when I FIRST rode it :C
    SpeedZone Staffer
    *2012 Draft 3rd Place!
    Creation List: Indecisive - Timber Wolf: The Hunt - Rewind - Omega - Forbidden Forest Ride - unknown
    Tutorials: Current: B&M Floorless/Sit-Down inverting
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Skyrocket

I'm the good looking one Brian F's Avatar
    A town called Big Nothing (Really Big Nothing)
    No flaming from me, Joe. Though my dislike of The Beast comes from the fact that it should be renamed "Trim Brake: the Ride" The Beast was great when it was fast.
    ThrillNetwork Lead Moderator
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force or Magnum- tough call.

Doesn't sound very good for my first ride on Beast coming this year. Oh well. Guess thats what you give up when the park is so attached to the soak city expansion that I'll never step foot in.

Yea, the re-tracking barely helped the ride. You have ONE comfortable turn followed by something that is as rough as Arrow transitions.

Brian - I noticed that it was trimmed to all heck this time cause the train basically stopped when it hit the trims in the back.

I'm the good looking one Brian F's Avatar
    A town called Big Nothing (Really Big Nothing)
    Austin- try your ride after dark. It won't be the true Beast experience, but it's better than daytime
    ThrillNetwork Lead Moderator
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force or Magnum- tough call.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast