Thread: New Six Flags Slogan - Attack Of The Clones

Heartline Poster

New Six Flags Slogan - Attack Of The Clones

Why is this in rumors? This should be in general talk because that sight is about starwars, not SF.

Heartline Poster
    Yeah, go ahead and move it.

I was LOL when I first saw the title.

It's a joke, a spoof.

But then after I posted, I realized that the rumors board here has become more serious than the real boards.

Clones are ok, but not of full circuit coasters.

Go ahead, move it.

clones are pretty much the only thing six flags does.
    Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan.

No clue who the guy pictured in my avatar is, but its a great picture nonetheless!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Colossos | Steel Roller Coaster: Kumba

Clones in and of themselves aren't necessarily a bad thing. It just depends on what is being cloned. Yes Six Flags has cloned the Vekoma boomerangs to death, but that ride isn't all that great to begin with. I don't hear many people complaining of V2 being a clone. S:UE is a unique ride (maybe not in 5 years, but now it is) so it's ok to be cloned, as long as it isn't overdone. I would personally LOVE to have WoA get a S:ROS clone. I don't know of anyone that would complain about that. Look at Goliath and Nitro, while not identical they are pretty close. How many people complain about those? None.

If the ride is very good, no one will care if it's a clone. The GP, after all, doesn't visit lots of different parks in their lifetime. They visit maybe 5. A clone on the east and west coast will still be unique, because a majority of people won't have even heard of the other one.

Corkscrew Poster
    Six Flags ownes the title to the word CLONES I beleive..
    Don't loose your sushi!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Gwazi | Steel Roller Coaster: Kumba

Ultra Poster
    Although I hate clones and think they're annoying, I don't hate Six Flags. Why can't they be more original and creative on their own rides? I mean they probably aren't imaginative at all 'cause there are endless ways to theme a ride.

Heartline Poster
    Another take on this...

Goliath had a rider die on it earlier this year, not the coaster's fault, and yeah, it was sad to hear.
    Titan got stuck at the top of the lift hill and everyone had to walk down.

Deja-Vu has multiple problems, a train crash, and who knows what's next.

(Twighlight Zone music starts to play in the background)

Could it be Clone Karma coming back to haunt Six Flags?
    Yeah, I know, I'm nuts, but it sure seems that way.

When it comes to complete circuit roller coasters, design each one unique and make them taller/longer after a design is proved to be safe and popular.

Corkscrew Poster
    SF is no stranger to these problems...remember MR. FREEZE? They were so gung-ho about the LIM rides, they went out and bought them before they were PROVEN. Same way with DejaVu. Bought the design before there was even one built. Same with X. I forsee more problems occuring with both of these rides in the near future. I wouldn't count on riding them till the end of the year.

Maybe one day they will learn NOT to rely on ideas and wait until the rides are PROVEN like every other theme park company.
    Chris Godsey

WCUSA- The announcement will come when it COMES!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: IOA | Wooden Roller Coaster: Gwazi | Steel Roller Coaster: Hulk, Wildfire

Deja Vu will have big problems
    Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan.

No clue who the guy pictured in my avatar is, but its a great picture nonetheless!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Colossos | Steel Roller Coaster: Kumba

Heartline Poster
    Originally posted by antfarm007
    Deja Vu will have big problems

you might be right...but i think those are getting fixed and by the way....not all sixflags coasters are clones..Riddlers is unique..so is S:TE (if you count it as a coaster) how about colosus? and Nitro?
    i bet i could find a lot of unique coasters ..but yes sixflags does have a lot of clones...
    I Love Impulse coasters...A 300 ft TA2K ..on word sweet!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: HMM can i be disloyal to my homepark??? | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider | Steel Roller Coaster: Riddlers Revenge (B&M Makes the Best)

Originally posted by Honan Beetch
    Although I hate clones and think they're annoying, I don't hate Six Flags. Why can't they be more original and creative on their own rides?
    What's wrong about clones!! You people don't get the whole freakin point! You hear they are buiding a ride that's a clone and suddenly, before you even rode it, you insult it. I find that's stupid and extremely pathetic. And clones raen't necessarily crappy, I mean B:TR isn't that bad of a B&M inverted (B&M's rule!)
    I HOPE I MADE MY POINT.

~Mark

Corkscrew Poster
    I think clones of great rides are a great idea for Six Flags parks since there are so many parks spread out over the country and world. This way, people don't have to drive thousands of miles to ride the great rides. I do think that each park needs a signature ride that no one else has and clones as well.
    Chris Godsey

WCUSA- The announcement will come when it COMES!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: IOA | Wooden Roller Coaster: Gwazi | Steel Roller Coaster: Hulk, Wildfire

further south than the south side of chicago

New Six Flags Coaster

Next year a few of the Six Flags parks are going to be opening some radically state-of-the-art coasters that will make X look like a kiddie ride. Oh yeah, almost forgot, they won't open until 2013! I'm so sick of hearing about Deja Vu and when will it open. It's so bad that when it does open I probably won't even care. V2 will do me just fine.
    "I'm telling ya, country clubs and cemeteries are the biggest waste of prime real estate...both full of dead people."
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Viper | Steel Roller Coaster: it's blue and it's at Cedar Point

I just don't see how this thread is relovant to anything. I'm closing it now and apologize for not doing it sooner.
    Erik Johnson
    ThrillNetwork Co-Administrator
    Upload an image to the DB! Post a track or comment in SpeedZone! They count towards your post count!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Boulder Dash (Lake Compounce) | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: Ride of Steel (SFNE)