Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: San Diego Manta '12

That looks like a good family coaster. I should be considering a California road trip soon.
    205 coasters and counting...
    Travel Blog | Twitter | Facebook
    Favorites: Amusement Park: All of them | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator

Update Taken From Screamscape, New Manta California Construction Video !!!!!!!!!

Car Unavailing !!!!!!!

Last edited by HitIn2000; 02-07-2012 at 03:19 PM.

That looks pretty cool! Another reason I need to get out to California!

Minetrain Poster
    It's a good attraction, but a great "coaster"

Those cars looks absolutely incredible! I'm interested to see how the little "show" inside the tunnel turnsout for this ride... Overall, this should be a hit for SWSD and I feel like families will love it!

The Mack Blue Fire coaster in Germany has a pre show before the launch with smoke spraying. I expect projector work to simulate waves on a screen. We'll see what Seaworld brings.

The ride this coaster will be closest in competition to will be the Zamperla flywheel launch coasters: Pony Express and the motocoasters?
    Last edited by Leo C; 02-08-2012 at 12:31 AM.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MantaSD3612.JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	144.5 KB 
ID:	19667
    The final piece on Manta was installed Monday. They really took their time with this install. It's scheduled to open in May for Memorial Day weekend. The coaster will have two launches.
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

Early April video update. The queue line and underground sections are getting worked on.

Trains are in the maintenance shed.

The park announced today on facebook:
    "SeaWorld San Diego:
    Manta Monday - The Manta Cars are on the GO!!
    Woohoo, we are now testing the Manta trains on the track. Looking good!!!"

I was excited with the prospects of Blue Fire in Deutschland. I was looking forward to this day here in the States. I hope this is the start of more multi inversion launched Mack coasters in the US. I've been on the Intamins and one or two Gerstlauers. If someone can provide a lattice tracked ride that's even smoother I welcome it. Welcome Mack.
    Last edited by Leo C; 04-23-2012 at 08:06 PM.

In testing. I'm sure it just needs to wear some paint off the track for the running wheels to cut down on the squeaking.

Name:	456944_10150896757806855_70105691854_9649739_393429231_o.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	107.6 KB 
ID:	20386

Employees riding Manta. At that angle it looks as sharp as the turn after the loop on Blue Fire.

Name:	194820_10150979559811855_934974366_o.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	84.2 KB 
ID:	20436
    That train looks cleaner than Skyrush's. The park reports 350,000 riders already on the ride. From the park's facebook page.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12