Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Swarm-Thorpe '12: B&M Wingrider

CF enjoy Intamins, very few lovers of Beemers over there.

I think the only thing about The Swarm that would not impress me would be the final brake run. Due to the train design it has to take a pretty wide 180 turn after the brakes. The layout is cool otherwise with the inclined loop with a giant corkscrew going through it.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

Rumor: a bolt popped off the ride, missing the crowd below. I need to further investigate.
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

I know the cable on Rita snapped
    SpeedZone Staffer
    *2012 Draft 3rd Place!
    Creation List: Indecisive - Timber Wolf: The Hunt - Rewind - Omega - Forbidden Forest Ride - unknown
    Tutorials: Current: B&M Floorless/Sit-Down inverting
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Skyrocket

Apparently, strong rumors have been flowing around involving Swarm for this Season. Based upon the rumors, two other B&Ms having this happen, and Thorpe posting a picture of the trains covered with a caption of "We have a surprise for you", we may be seeing a 3rg B&M offer a backwards ride!

After reading about it on Screamscape I've opened up to the idea of the rear seats going through the twist n drop: pretty cool. In reverse I guess you wouldn't mind the final brake run as much.

From the way this is sounding, this is permanent, which is completely different to the Batman and Hollywood Dream.

Also, Thorpe has announced that ontop of the back 2 rows being switched, a Stinger is being placed on it as well as a new near miss.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123