Thread: ThrillNetwork 5.0 - Bug reports and feedback

I'm the good looking one Steven's Avatar

ThrillNetwork 5.0 - Bug reports and feedback

This is for reporting bug reports and giving overall feedback. Other than suggestions to fix a problem, please do not include suggestions for new features at this point, as they will be overlooked, ignored, and deleted.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum

Is commenting on news stories turned off?
    Follow ThrillNetwork on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
    Favorites: Amusement Park: IOA | Wooden Roller Coaster: Cyclone, CI | Steel Roller Coaster: Nitro

Shouldn't be. If you have an example let me know.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum

FYI: We are having some strange issues with the link to CoasterChat. There is a link on the forum homepage right next to the "Quick Links" menu.

Also, The DB and your ride/park counts will be back in a month. The new database has a lot more features and is much more complex and unfortunately was not ready for our launch today.
    ThrillNetwork Tech Admin

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghost Rider | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Exclamation Bug

No matter what style you are in (I've tested this in all styles) when you go to the homepage (the one with the news) it defaults to the blue style.
    ThrillNetwork Tech Admin

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghost Rider | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

^ Cookies need to be cleared since that is a setting that is remembered there.

That worked for me! Thanks!
    ~Website Admin and Staff Director~

Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator 305

2012 Coaster Draft Champion Vince's Avatar
    I'm currently not at home, but rather using a computer running IE7 (Win XP). The Facebook Link tile has been overlapping different "clickables" on the top bar. It overlapped the login when I was a visitor, and then when I finally was able to log in, it now overpas the link to my profile, as well as the notifications "clickable." I'm not sure if this is an isolated incident on IE7, I'll report back later, but I think it is definetly something that should be checked. Screenshot below:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled-2.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	152.8 KB 
ID:	17682
    Retired Staff Member
    2012 Coaster Draft Champion
    I Am Third
    Favorites: Amusement Park: All | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

I just tested it on a clean copy of IE7 on a Windows XP machine and was not able to duplicate. I'm inclined to say that if there is a display issue, it's likely caused by an add-on/plug-in.

The Facebook Connect button and other stuff is actually served up directly from Facebook using their javascript etc. It is possible that a problem with their system might caused this (which would explain why Steven was unable to duplicate the issue). Let us know if it happens again though!
    ThrillNetwork Tech Admin

This isn't a bug per se but I've noticed that on short posts where the length of the text is shorter then the length of the avatar and other info on the left the signature will always start below the bottom of the user info on the left and not under the bottom of the text. This makes short posts take up a lot of vertical space on the page and also leaves a lot of blank space. Ideally the signature should be aligned to the bottom of the post so that it is at the bottom of either the user info for short posts (and not below it) or right below the text for longer posts (as it currently is). I assume this is probably a problem with VB itself though.

EDIT: I just checked vbulletin.com and their site does this as well so I guess my post is just a gripe! (But maybe we can pass it along to VB?)
    ThrillNetwork Tech Admin

I agree... the space is a bit much for me.

I had an issue where the text box for entering a message in coasterchat would not let me type. I tried refreshing the page several times. This only happened in Firefox 3.6.16 and I haven't had the problem before (maybe the issue is only present when chat is full of people?).
    ThrillNetwork Tech Admin

Thumbs up Issue Fixed!

The issue with the chat link is now fixed (as you have probably noticed by now since it is in the main navigation for the site).
    ThrillNetwork Tech Admin

I bumped the APC up to 384M. Was set at 128M (which should help the site run a bit faster). Cool on the link.

Log out and open this link: Smilies - ThrillNetwork.com --- seeing weirdness. A page showing all the smilies.
    Follow ThrillNetwork on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
    Favorites: Amusement Park: IOA | Wooden Roller Coaster: Cyclone, CI | Steel Roller Coaster: Nitro

I had that issue too. The problem comes from the fact that chat is being run under misc.php which also has the page listing all the smilies amongst other things. Chat only displays if you are logged in and when your not the rest of misc.php runs... It turns out that the default action for the page is to display a list of smilies. If this becomes a problem we can modify the chat plugin to display an error page when not logged in (it really should have done this to begin with)
    ThrillNetwork Tech Admin

I shrunk the postbit template a bit... removed some unnecessary info.

Quick question...

I wanted to edit my signature, but when I did it took me right to the admin (control panel) page where I can't post links within the sig or anything. Is that something that is on our end or a vbulletin thing? It's driving me nuts!

Ugh, never mind. I ended up finding the way to change it. Just took me a bit. I swear if I didn't dye my hair red I would be blonde. ;-)

Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator 305

I like everything about the new layout except the logo. I feel like it's really a step backwards from the last logo. The 3D effect on the coaster and "TN" letters looks like something from a 90s Geocities website. With the brown "beta" word added, it's really not easy on the eyes.

I don't want to seem like I'm nit-picking, but that logo does not match the excellent, professional quality that you guys put out on a regular basis. The old logo was simple and effective. But as I said, the actual layout looks great and is definitely a step in the right direction.

Thanks for being constructive in your feedback, coasterdude5.

The "Beta" is there to remind people that some things are a bit in flux (which actually is orange, but is faded somewhat). The logo itself is really the same one... we remastered it and added a little color and dimension to it, as well as started using another font scheme (that does work out cleaner for what we needed). The goal is to have a new logo when I can safely remove the "beta" from the masthead.

Our current masthead is just one graphic file that works across the different themes available to members, and has a transparency that allows me to make it work with the other themes. In fact, if you look below, you can hardly see the "Thrill" part of our logo, since it's against a white background. The other thing is that it has to work against a variable width background (compared to the other versions, which were all fixed-width).

I added mastheads from our previous versions of the sites to help demonstrate what I'm talking about.

Version 3

Version 4

Version 5 (raw)
    Last edited by Steven; 05-13-2011 at 09:07 PM.

I'm having trouble with updating my ride and park count. I can't figure out how to go about doing it.
    It wasn't me, I swear!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Over Georgia | Wooden Roller Coaster: Georgia Cyclone | Steel Roller Coaster: Mindbender

It's not able to be edited, that's why. :-) They are disabled at the moment until Graham can finish the error in the coding. We'll let you know as soon as you can update them.

That's a relief I'm not the only one, I got a new credit today and was trying to see how I could add it.

Quote Originally Posted by PANTSFREE View Post
    That's a relief I'm not the only one, I got a new credit today and was trying to see how I could add it.
    We just updated our database. You should now be able to add rides and parks to your count. At the moment you have to go to each ride or park's page to add it but eventually we hope to have a button to add each ride directly from a park's page (so you don't have to go to each ride's page!).
    ThrillNetwork Tech Admin

Sometimes, when I try to leave a topic without posting in it, it gives me the "All Unsaved Changes Will Be Lost" prompt, even if I haven't touched the reply box. I use Chrome if that makes a difference.

Also, this isn't a bug, but is there anything you can do about the video ads? They are really obnoxious.

Yeah mine will automatically start playing in the middle of typing a reply or what not. Drives me nuts.

I have had the same problem with the page navigation in Chrome as well. We will certainly look into it.

Ive had the same problem. It doesn't happen all the time but more like once or twice every few days. I use Firefox.
    My God is not dead, He's surely alive. He's living on the inside, roaring like a lion
    Thrillnetwork Moderator, formerly Tigeraceray

Just keep your eyes on Christ - Lecrae
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Diamondback

I noticed the same issue with the videos randomly starting, too. I thought it was an undocumented feature.
    205 coasters and counting...
    Travel Blog | Twitter | Facebook
    Favorites: Amusement Park: All of them | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator