Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OzIris Parc Asterix 2012

OzIris Parc Asterix 2012

Nouvelle Zone et Inverted Coaster B&M en 2012 : Articles concernant les attractions - 35 Track has arrived at Parc Asterix for a B&M invert with an advanced layout. I believe the first drop will lack a pre-drop and be very steep. I believe the coaster will go into an Immelmann or dive loop before going into a regular loop along its course.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

Hats for (Carousel)Horses Racer's Avatar
    Hehe. That site's in French. I took French in high school, and I still had a hard time reading it. Then I hit the translate button. I'm surprised at how well it translates because usually when you translate electronically, it tends to translate incorrectly.

Back on topic... It looks like it has potential to be a good coaster, but I doubt I will ever go to France to ride it.
    ThrillNetwork SpeedZone Editor and unofficial DB Editor
    Please stand with your feet flat on the... stand up.. no- why are you sitting??? STAND UP ON THE GEORGIA SCORCHER!!!
    2014 Coaster Draft: Leviathan, Banshee, Alpengeist, Aftershock, GoldStriker, DareDevilDive, GeorgiaScorcher, Tatsu, SheiKra
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath(SFOG)

I'd really have to go digging to get the pic of the layout. It looks sick and it would bring something different than a Raptor/Montu layout. It's along the scope of that.
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

La layout de l'inverted du Parc Astrix rvl ? Does the layout look like it even has a zero g-roll? The dive loop looks pretty sick.

Boue et de béton à Parc Astérix! Station and footers are up.

Looks like there might be a small zero-g roll behind the station.

The dive loop looks like it's going to be the size of the one Green Lantern has.

Vertical construction! I see track hanging in the station. Nouvelle Zone et Inverted Coaster B&M en 2012 : Articles concernant les attractions - 68

This ride is going to be sweet! I'm interested in that first drop specifically. This is the first B&M invert I've seen without a pre-drop.
    -Termination complete-

Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood

It's going to be weird to see a Tatsu or S:UF kind of first drop on an invert. Not only am I interested in that but the very cool first dive loop for an invert connected to that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo C View Post
    It's going to be weird to see a Tatsu or S:UF kind of first drop on an invert. Not only am I interested in that but the very cool first dive loop for an invert connected to that too.
    Well, if this becomes a BTR, overused layout, the surprise will be no more. There are at least 8 BTR clones under 3 different names (BTR, Goliath, Great White) in the US that I can think of. That's a bit repetitive, huh?

The inverted dive loop, the first loop, and the lift are up in France! POTIONMAGIX • Afficher le sujet - Nouvelle Zone et Inverted Coaster B&M en 2012

The banked turn between the dive loop and the first loop is only half the height of those two elements. The train is going to be whipping through that.
    Last edited by Leo C; 08-07-2011 at 09:29 PM.

Holy balls, that is a seriously overbanked turn.

I make out the second half of the Immelmann is going up. Maybe the track will then go past the first loop and under the overbanked turn connecting the dive loop and first loop. That overbank is killer. Maybe it's like the banked turn on Dominator after the first loop.

The Immelmann is done and it's super tight. The track passing by the first loop after the Immelmann is now installed. There is another banked turn after this. It's basically under the banked turn between the dive loop and first loop.

Link to the photos. This is looking super insane...

That Immelmann is so small, yes the trim before may be well justified for that twist out to come. The track is taking another dive now. We'll see what it does.
    Last edited by Leo C; 08-11-2011 at 11:29 PM.

This ride is basically going to convince me to take a nice, long, two week vacation out to Europe/Britain within the next coming years. I honestly believe B&M has heard a lot of the coaster community complaining about the lack of force and decided to do another Nemesis-type forced Invert. I hope to GOD this makes everyone else shut up about B&M and start complaining about the obvious fall outs and issues Intamins have :3

The Intamin lemons. Move over Premier.

Reviewing the layout: http://www.coastersworld.fr/index.php?page=news&id=1258 Oh snap, an underwater tunnel part is coming up. This is probably going to tear Anaconda to shreds just like Sheikra.

The mystery of this layout is still the end behind the station.
    Last edited by Leo C; 08-12-2011 at 08:58 PM.

This sick looking invert is almost done. Here came the tough part in the pictures. I think this set page skips the track progress coming out of the tunnel right after the Immelman. POTIONMAGIX • Afficher le sujet - Nouvelle Zone et Inverted Coaster B&M en 2012 From this set I'm guessing after the tunnel comes a very tight turn. I thought it would be a MCBR but I guess it's not. Near the final brake run is a really low to the ground helix.

I noticed that this ride intertwines with itself several times. Not that many B&M inverters do that. Only one that comes to mind is the Batman clones. Sure Dragon Challenge does too, but it is with two different tracks. After doing some research, I see that this park is only about 30 minutes from Disneyland Paris. Parc Asterix was never on my radar to visit, but I am quite positive I will add it to my 2012 Amusement Park Tour now seeing how close it is to Paris and Disney.
    ThrillNetwork Moderator(Originally known as Nitro Luvr)
    2014 Coaster Draft Selection - Shambhala - Katun - Troy - Superman / la Atracción de Acero - Nefeskesen - Mammut - Air - Big Thunder Mountain
    Proud mem**r of the 400 club!!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags Magic Mountain, and Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Thunderhead, Mammut, and Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Hyper-Nitro, Giga-Intimidator 305, LIM/LSM- bluefire, Inverted-Katun, Floorless-Kraken, Flying-Manta

I went to Parc Asterix when I was a kid, but I was only tall enough to ride Vol d'Icare. I would really love to take three weeks and trek around mainland Europe. There are a few major up-and-coming parks out there.
    That zero-g roll. Omg.... It might beat Patriot's...

Can you make out a corkscrew? That's the one thing that should be there but is hard to determine from the few pics I see.

Going back to like Pg 111 in their forum in French I see that zero G-roll. It has to be coming out of that tunnel. That's got to be sick with the extra juice the train will pick up in that tunnel.
    Last edited by Leo C; 08-27-2011 at 09:31 PM.

POTIONMAGIX • Afficher le sujet - Nouvelle Zone et Inverted Coaster B&M en 2012 The layout is done! There are flags on the lift hill: American, Polish, and German. I'm glad Poles had a connection on the construction of this ride. I suppose after that first g roll there is a turnaround then a dive then another roll really close to the station before a ground hugging nelix into the final brakerun. I suppose there are no corkscrews on this invert.

In this NoLimits recreation most likely how this coaster runs and ends: Inverted B&M Parc Astérix - YouTube

The coaster has Egyptian themed wheel covers on the trains.

Test de l'inverted coaster Parc Astérix - YouTube

Testing video! It looks good. It looks like after the dive loop the train goes through a SIlver Bullet style really high bank before entering the first loop.

That looks like one hell of a ride!
    Let it shine, let it shine
    On and on, on and on, come to life

David Crowder*Band: Give Us Rest (A Requiem Mass in C [The Happiest of All Keys])
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1-Thunderhead, 2-El Toro, 3-Wild One (SFA) | Steel Roller Coaster: 1-Intimidator 305, 2- Maverick, 3-Goliath (SFOG)

Test Inverted B&M - YouTube Testing video from another angle. This coaster flies through that overbank into the first loop. Love that there is no MCBR.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast