Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Six Flags America 2012

Hopefully they can get some of the rough edges I hear about the ride taken care of. I really want to ride the 1st B&M.
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313

Proud Member of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

On the hunt for 400 Thunderhawk's Avatar
    "I can't STAND that they are receiving a 20 year-old, mediocre coaster." Anybody?

Seriously though, I guess what worries me about the ride rotation program returning is, what happens if they try to move something we actually like? Dare I say, The Bull or Nitro. On another note, I don't get this move. Chang, I mean Green Lantern, is a superior stand-up coaster and is only a few hours drive up the northeast corridor.
    My hardest earned credit is The Legend at Holiday World, first ridden 5.19.2012, exactly 1399 days after my first visit to Holiday World.
    Next up: Beech Bend/Kentucky Kingdom/Kings Island/Cedar Point
    Favorites: Amusement Park: SFGAdv/Cedar Point/SFMM | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Ravine Flyer II, Outlaw Run, Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Bizarro @ SFNE, New Texas Giant, Iron Rattler

Yeah I totally get that, but the general public would love a "new" coaster for SFA.

Although I give props to the GP, they have gotten pretty savvy as of late. I heard one kid in line for a coaster at Great Adventure telling his friend that the coaster was coming from Kentucky and wasn't new.

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

Minetrain Poster
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	319954_10150265537180995_40616650994_8004957_3537645_n.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	18557

Here is the clue they posted.

And here is some dialogue...

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	55 
Size:	267.8 KB 
ID:	18558

So just Iron Wolf renamed.

Wish they could be more obvious about it.......... eyeroll...

Minetrain Poster
    Yeah really.

Standing orders confirmed? What?

On the hunt for 400 Thunderhawk's Avatar
    But it'll still kick us in the skull real hard, right? Makes me wish I was on facebook so I could post that on the wall.

Or how about this as a clue? "WARNING: May contain Iron Wolf-like substance!"
    Last edited by Thunderhawk; 08-22-2011 at 11:32 PM.
    My hardest earned credit is The Legend at Holiday World, first ridden 5.19.2012, exactly 1399 days after my first visit to Holiday World.
    Next up: Beech Bend/Kentucky Kingdom/Kings Island/Cedar Point
    Favorites: Amusement Park: SFGAdv/Cedar Point/SFMM | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Ravine Flyer II, Outlaw Run, Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Bizarro @ SFNE, New Texas Giant, Iron Rattler

So the Skull Mountain skull is staying! Isn't the skeleton more fitting for KD's Togo and all Togos?
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

If it is going where the water ride was, that would be a great spot for it and bring back some life to that area. I still like Roar, which I rode last year, but that are was kind of dead except for Roar.

Hopefully they will maybe do some rehab on the trains, and hopefully smooth out some of the rough edges I've heard about. I've heard so many mixed reviews of Iron Wolf, some say its horrible and some say it's just kinda meh but not THAT painful. Still, it was the first beemer and that counts for something in my book.

They need to go X2 on it: new trains if Gianvanola really built the first trains.
    Last edited by Leo C; 08-23-2011 at 08:57 AM.
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

I love the blatant lie lol. That pretty much confirms Iron Wolf.
    My God is not dead, He's surely alive. He's living on the inside, roaring like a lion
    Thrillnetwork Moderator, formerly Tigeraceray

Just keep your eyes on Christ - Lecrae
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Diamondback

Six Flags America's Photos - Wall Photos | Facebook Just a little piece of the picture revealed. I think it's the standup train in a corkscrew. The track looks to be yellow, the train burgundy.

Minetrain Poster
    I was almost positive SFA was going to be getting IW. But while browsing other sites today I found a picture of track from outside the B&M plant that has the same coloring as the track that is being revealed for SFA. I could be 100% wrong on this and the track could have just been made and not primered but the pic is from late July of this year. Just thought I would post it and get your thoughts. Hopefully I'am wrong and it is track that is just being made and getting ready for primer or what not. Here is the link.

http://coaster-net.com/forums/index....ttach_id=13689

Edit: Also the fourth post down on this next link I'am providing shows the above track plus some grey supports. The supports couldn't belong to Canada's Wonderland or Dollywood because neither of those have grey supports. Unless these supports are also just primered. I'am unsure either way. This track and support set could be going to SFA or maybe even SFGAM. Not sure what kinda track that is but any help with that would also be greatly appreciated.

http://coaster-net.com/forums/index...._25__p__244387
    Last edited by xn30warriorx; 08-24-2011 at 12:10 AM.

Minetrain Poster
    I'm Thunderhead on that site btw

Anyways I'm confident that orangish track is just unpainted Leviathan track, as it hasn't been truly painted. Now the grey supports intrigue me, it almost looks to me like it's supposed to look like that. Interesting, however I believe it's Leviathan track, or it could be track headed to SFGAM, which is rumored to be a wingrider.

EDIT: Just looked, the supports look like Levy's supports.

Minetrain Poster
    I haven't registerd on that site yet Haviik. I just go there and browse but I will make sure to keep an eye out for your posts :P. Wish they would have gotten some pics of the tags on that track . Oh well only a week to go and everything SF is doing will be out in the open. I haven't seen any track at SFGAM yet so maybe that unfinished track could be for them. I'am hoping anyways because I really don't want a eurofighter or zacspin. But since that track is unfinished I will go back to assuming IW is still going to SFA. You just never know with SF because they have a tendency to try to hide things. Someone had posted on facebook that SFA was getting IW and SFA posted back that it would not be IW. So probably just IW with a different name because the general public won't even think twice at that point.

Edit: Btw Haviik I have to say you have by far the best avatar on that site!!
    Last edited by xn30warriorx; 08-24-2011 at 01:28 AM.

That is a weak assumption. I have to figure out if your posts of the new B&M track belong in the CW or SFGAM construction/rumor thread. We know SFA is pretty much getting IW. That new track is definitely unfinished with its painting. It just came out and needs to go through the priming and painting. The gray supports I think are in the middle of the process. There are markings on it. I think it's the primer coat then. We'll see if it'll become the CW project's track or maybe an entirely new color. Then we'll be talking.
    Last edited by Leo C; 08-24-2011 at 11:09 AM.

Minetrain Poster
    Sorry Leo didn't mean to upset you by making "weak assumptions". I honestly had no clue and wasn't trying to assume anything so I just posted it here. I apoligize.

It's not that big of a deal to have to apologize. It's not like that. Thanks though.

It's just a floorless hasn't been built brand new in about 12 years. It's highly unlikely the newly forged steel will go to SFA if they're throwing us serious clues about "standing orders." The newly created steel probably would have been for a B&M floorless or a Eurofighter from Gerstlauer if it was for SFA. That track probably has to do with the other parks' projects.

Minetrain Poster

Name:	311277_10150267111165995_40616650994_8019859_2760172_n.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	18561

Name:	303553_10150267111625995_40616650994_8019869_2495936_n.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	32.6 KB 
ID:	18562

Name:	297458_10150267112065995_40616650994_8019877_7191733_n.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	18563

From their Facebook, I guess they got mad everyone figured it out too soon. It was pretty obvious. There were a lot of comments saying it was IW and some like "Oh Yay a 20 year old coaster!"

That is pretty funny.
    205 coasters and counting...
    Travel Blog | Twitter | Facebook
    Favorites: Amusement Park: All of them | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator

That's a great approach to 2012 viral marketing: just burn it and reverse it. Go old fashioned.

Wait a minute, the postcard is back on the fb page. Is this going to be called the Crabby DC Scorcher? Either they're using a doctored pic of Iron Wolf or Georgia Scorcher's corkscrew.

The upper right hand side of the postcard today revealed more red. Perhaps Apocalypse will have a red logo. I think they should put red lights on the Skull Mountain skull prop. I don't know how Six Flags still has the Hanna Barbera rights such as at SFGAM but they should make this a Scooby Doo Apocalypse coaster. Zoinks!

I didn't know until recently Iron Wolf was built up and over the pre-existing SFGAM park train line near its lift hill and first drop. There's a gap for the train to fit through the coaster. I guess that's why the station sits so high. At SFA maybe that could be the conduit for a park path to finally cross under S:ROS and go to Batwing.

^ We can only hope and pray they do that!
    Let it shine, let it shine
    On and on, on and on, come to life

David Crowder*Band: Give Us Rest (A Requiem Mass in C [The Happiest of All Keys])
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1-Thunderhead, 2-El Toro, 3-Wild One (SFA) | Steel Roller Coaster: 1-Intimidator 305, 2- Maverick, 3-Goliath (SFOG)

Minetrain Poster
    If anyone hasn't figured this out yet...

Don't click if you want to be surprised on the 1st.

Six Flags Great Adventure: GREEN LANTERN

It's the combination of the corkscrew and loop pics of Green Lantern only in red right? You're right, it's the same banner pic.

It's a B&M standup? Totally ruined it for me.

Seriously though, why do they keep posting the same pic basically on Facebook and saying its a new clue.

Red Lantern is coming.

In the concept art for Apocalypse the Skull Mountain theming is still sitting on the edge of Wild One! If the coaster has a black track and support with yellow railing paint scheme at least this ride is more advanced than the Intamin Shockwave that was at SFMM, SFGADV, and SFAW, particularly when Shockwave was black at SFMM.

LOL this thread died after they announced the ride.

I don't understand the skull being on top of Wild One either.

I'm interested to find out if they work out some of the rough spots people have complained about.

Watching the video it really looks like it could be rough if it's not smooth considering all those wild turns at the end. It looks like a longer version of Vortex.

Last edited by Wes; 09-02-2011 at 06:40 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast