Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: General Dollywood thread

You guys that follow Dollywood would probably be Herschend's fans right?
    Silver Dollar City finally created a new website for their new wooden rollercoaster under construction
    http://silverdollarcity2013.com/
    Hopefully they'll give us some really good clues and a cool announcement.

On this site we are discussing the Silver Dollar City construction at this thread: http://www.thrillnetwork.com/showthr...572#post865572 Join us.

I just saw pics of the Herschend's CEO at Wild Adventures. Have you guys been to that park? I knew Hangman got repainted and renamed as a Typhoon coaster. Cheetah should be in better shape since it got new wood two years ago.
    Last edited by Leo C; 06-22-2012 at 12:32 PM.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

I heard there was a new fansite in the works for Dollywood. About time they got one. =\
    -Termination complete-

Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood

Editor
    Quote Originally Posted by sclisso View Post
    I heard there was a new fansite in the works for Dollywood. About time they got one. =\
    Unfortunately, our policy is to have link backs when promoting any website out there. I didn't see one on there, therefore the link must be deleted. Sorry for the confusion.
    Last edited by Katie; 07-03-2012 at 06:41 PM. Reason: removal of link
    The Adventure is coming! 2014 Coaster Draft picks
    Kingda Ka, Wild Eagle, ​Bahemath, The Kraken, FireChaser Express, Mavrick, Medusa, ​Full Throttle, Storm Runner,
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: ThunderHead | Steel Roller Coaster: Wild Eagle

I know. I didn't post the link, or had any intentions on it though, so it's no problem. =P
    -Termination complete-

I know. I didn't post the link, or had any intentions on it though, so it's no problem. =P
    We know you thought about it though sclisso and that's what counts.

LOL

Assimilation is inevitable, resistance is futile.

Nope! I knew TN's laws on this matter. And I figured the screamscape mention was enough. =P
    -Termination complete-

Nope! I knew TN's laws on this matter. And I figured the screamscape mention was enough. =P

Back on topic, Dollywood attendance seems to be up since Wild Eagle!
    Let it shine, let it shine
    On and on, on and on, come to life

David Crowder*Band: Give Us Rest (A Requiem Mass in C [The Happiest of All Keys])
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1-Thunderhead, 2-El Toro, 3-Wild One (SFA) | Steel Roller Coaster: 1-Intimidator 305, 2- Maverick, 3-Goliath (SFOG)

Most parks see a surge when they get a major new attraction.

Ever since Intimidator opened, summers at Carowinds have been off the chain.
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313

Proud Mem**r of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

Quote Originally Posted by Wes View Post
    Most parks see a surge when they get a major new attraction.

Ever since Intimidator opened, summers at Carowinds have been off the chain.
    I mean, I'm not complaining. I'm just hoping that means Dollywood will be more likely to build more awesome coasters in the future

David Crowder*Band: Give Us Rest (A Requiem Mass in C [The Happiest of All Keys])
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1-Thunderhead, 2-El Toro, 3-Wild One (SFA) | Steel Roller Coaster: 1-Intimidator 305, 2- Maverick, 3-Goliath (SFOG)

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Barto View Post
    Back on topic, Dollywood attendance seems to be up since Wild Eagle!
    I'm surprised actually. Given the heat these past few weeks I've personally suspended pretty much all outdoor activities. Went a couple weeks ago when the temps were in the mid 90's and for whatever reason half the fans were off in the queue lines. Barnstormer, DareDevil Falls, Dizzy Disk(used to have water misting fans running but they were all off that day). Not sure if they're timed or the staff is supposed to turn them on.

I was at DW a few weeks ago and inside Blazing Fury ride someone had strung up christmas lights near the train tunnel that read "ACE". What in the world was all that about? Anyone know?

^ American Coaster Enthusiasts http://www.aceonline.org/ was at Dollywood and Carowinds for their HUGE annual conference.

They basically do all kinds of fun stuff and spend about 3 days at each park.

It's a good organization, I used to be a member but at $60 a year for membership and the perks I got out of it, it wasn't worth it to me. But they are big on preservation of old coasters, and I like that.
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313

Proud Mem**r of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

Quote Originally Posted by Wes View Post
    ^ American Coaster Enthusiasts http://www.aceonline.org/ was at Dollywood and Carowinds for their HUGE annual conference.

They basically do all kinds of fun stuff and spend about 3 days at each park.

It's a good organization, I used to be a member but at $60 a year for membership and the perks I got out of it, it wasn't worth it to me. But they are big on preservation of old coasters, and I like that.
    This makes more sense than the explanation my sister and I came up with. We thought ACE hardware was sponsoring Blazing Fury for some reason.

OK. I have a little question for you all. Saturday, I was able to get in early and ride Wild Eagle and hour early for season pass holders. I rode my favorite seat (back left) and on the first ride, I noticed a lot of vibration. I figured it was because the train only had about 10 people on it so it was a little light. So I rode it again in the same spot, but with a full train, and still rough in spots. After two more rides in other seats, it was still a little rough to a point I couldn't ride it anymore.
    My only theory is that the roughness was caused by the hard rubber on the wheels that would soften up as the day got hotter. Has anyone else experienced this and what theories do you have? In case you ask, I was going to ride it again in the afternoon, but it looked like a storm was rolling in so I went home.
    2014 Coaster Draft : El Toro (SFGA) , Bizarro (SFNE), Boulder Dash (Lake Compounce), Nemesis (Alton Towers), Blue Fire Megacoaster (Europa Park), Black Mamba (Phantasialand), Twister (Grona Lund), Intimidator 305 (Kings Dominion) , Riddler's Revenge (SFMM), Cheetah Hunt (BGTampa)
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kennywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath

I've notice some wheel chatter in two different spots every time I've ridden it. It hasn't taken away from the fun factor of the ride for me, though.
    205 coasters and counting...
    Travel Blog | Twitter | Facebook
    Favorites: Amusement Park: All of them | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator

Quote Originally Posted by jay37415 View Post
    OK. I have a little question for you all. Saturday, I was able to get in early and ride Wild Eagle and hour early for season pass holders. I rode my favorite seat (back left) and on the first ride, I noticed a lot of vibration. I figured it was because the train only had about 10 people on it so it was a little light. So I rode it again in the same spot, but with a full train, and still rough in spots. After two more rides in other seats, it was still a little rough to a point I couldn't ride it anymore.
    My only theory is that the roughness was caused by the hard rubber on the wheels that would soften up as the day got hotter. Has anyone else experienced this and what theories do you have? In case you ask, I was going to ride it again in the afternoon, but it looked like a storm was rolling in so I went home.
    I've had that happen on many B&Ms (including Wild Eagle). It really doesn't get better as the day goes on unfortunately. When that happens, sit toward the opposite direction on the train (say front instead of the back) and see if that helps.

That's the vibration I've mentioned before. I feel it on the back right wing. It's completely absent on the front of the train.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345