Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SFNE '12 Goliath '13 New train

Hybrid View

SFNE '12 Goliath '13 New train

Six Flags New England working to add new roller coaster ride to its Agawam amusement park | masslive.com I knew about this possibility before this story came out. Why remove Deja Vu from SFMM to send it to SFNE to eventually replace Flashback? Why, why? The park is seeking approval to do it next year. The Shipwreck Falls looks like a nicely themed ride where they want to put this. I would call it Scorpion.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

Sigh..... Oh Six Flags.... here we go...

Seems pretty simple to me. SFNE needs a new thrill ride to promote. Six Flags can't afford to buy them a new one. The Six Flags ride rotation is back in full bloom. So SFNE scouts around for a ride that will be fairly easy and cheap to relocate and promote as a new thrill ride. Deja Vu fits the bill. Two of the chain's mid-level parks (SFNE,SFA) get new coasters that aren't so new, but will be new to the GP, at a fraction of the cost of building brand new rides. I'm curious as to what SFMM and SFGAM will get in return.
    Never let em see you drop!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Hershey Park | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Skyrush

The only Vekoma GIB credit in the US that I do not have too. I sure hope it is still open in September when I visit SFMM.Would like to at least ride it in its' original location. This is one of the FEW Vekoma roller coasters out there that I thoroughly enjoy! If it goes to SFNE, it will be a nice addition.
    ThrillNetwork Moderator(Originally known as Nitro Luvr)
    2014 Coaster Draft Selection - Shambhala - Katun - Troy - Superman / la Atracción de Acero - Nefeskesen - Mammut - Air - Big Thunder Mountain
    Proud mem**r of the 400 club!!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags Magic Mountain, and Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Thunderhead, Mammut, and Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Hyper-Nitro, Giga-Intimidator 305, LIM/LSM- bluefire, Inverted-Katun, Floorless-Kraken, Flying-Manta

I have this Deja Vu but not the other two. It'll allow me for a couple more laps on this thing. If Flashback will stand a couple more seasons before eventually going I'd love to hear the GP speak about this one in line.
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

I was hoping to get this Deja Vu, but both days I was at SFMM in 2005 the ride was SBNO. As a matter of fact, the train was disassembled on the side of the coaster. So it was obvious it would not open while I was there. I just remembered that SFNE already has a boomerang there. For a minute there when you said Flashback, I thought you were referring to the former one at SFMM, not the same named coaster at SFNE. Although it is different than a GIB, it is still a boomerang nonetheless. Bizarro is a great ride, but I think it is time SFNE gets a new coaster too, even if it is used.
    ThrillNetwork Moderator(Originally known as Nitro Luvr)
    2014 Coaster Draft Selection - Shambhala - Katun - Troy - Superman / la Atracción de Acero - Nefeskesen - Mammut - Air - Big Thunder Mountain
    Proud mem**r of the 400 club!!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags Magic Mountain, and Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Thunderhead, Mammut, and Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Hyper-Nitro, Giga-Intimidator 305, LIM/LSM- bluefire, Inverted-Katun, Floorless-Kraken, Flying-Manta

I discovered the last few times the Crackaxle Canyon at SFNE was a nicely themed area but without a coaster. Black Widow was up by Cyclone before. I thought about what if even Ultra Twister returned up at the top of the hill? I was thinking of a shuttle and here we are: this is one to come. If it's in the front of Crackaxle Canyon maybe the towers of Deja Vu could be painted like oil derricks, a separate supports color than the rest of coaster. Maybe a name for the coaster could revolve around the Texas Oil Boom. Texas Tornado, Texas Boomer, Boomer, Oil Boomer.

SFNE should be called Shuttle City USA. I did not go to the park when it was still Riverside Park and had Black Widow standing next to the Riverside Cyclone, just a short staircase up from where Flashback now stands. A history of three shuttles in this rather small area is crazy.

Are the custom metal evac platforms going to move with the ride to SFNE or are they going to refurbish this ride and install it without them like the non-Six Flags Silverwood did?

Hats for (Carousel)Horses Racer's Avatar
    I still don't think they're relocating SFMM's Deja Vu. I just don't think SFMM will give up the coaster title after they built two coasters in the same year to get the title. I think SFNE is getting a brand new GIB.
    ThrillNetwork SpeedZone Editor and unofficial DB Editor
    Please stand with your feet flat on the... stand up.. no- why are you sitting??? STAND UP ON THE GEORGIA SCORCHER!!!
    2014 Coaster Draft: Leviathan, Banshee, Alpengeist, Aftershock, GoldStriker, DareDevilDive, GeorgiaScorcher, Tatsu, SheiKra
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath(SFOG)

Supposedly its name will be Goliath. I can't stand that since I've thought Crackaxle Canyon was a nice western themed section that could use a coaster. Use my oil derrick towers idea SF. Can they call the coaster Tumbleweed?

Did SF and SFDK keep the original 180ft version track pieces to the SFDK V2? Is so, pull out Flashback after the GIB goes in and set it up on the hill where Black Widow was or where Flashback is.

Is the coaster going to have a new purely straight across 4 seat per row train?

A SFNE fan site was able to get an answer from SFNE on fb about the new train. A straight four across row train will be by Premier Rides. I'm glad as Vekoma's first four across trains on Battlestar Galatica in Singapore had to be redesigned after the ride opened because the welds were an issue.

Since Premier is building new trains could they use a design that will allow a larger gap between the track and the seats so patrons can not reach the train like they had initially on Deja Vu? Maybe the station floor will be even lower on Goliath to accommodate this.

Footers already being poured at SFNE as Deja Vu is being disassembled at SFMM. Deja Vu closed 10/16/11.

The first supports went up.

The base of the one lift tower has gone up. Zoomed in there is green track on the bottom of the tower.
    The photos are here:
    SFNE Online: The Back Blog

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater It's build now, paint later apparently.

It looks like the two bases of the lift hills get built first. They went from one to work on the other.

Goliath's full loop is almost finished.

I hope the chain learned from the three models they had which evac platforms they could ditch for this re install.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GoliathSFNE21412.JPG 
Views:	218 
Size:	130.2 KB 
ID:	19540
    The park featured a pic on facebook of the loop completed. I see a trough catwalk installed. Was it Vekoma issued or one that SF built before?

Back to back boomerangs. This is weird.

Minetrain Poster
    Grr I want it back D:
    Going to SFMM seriously isn't the same since it's not there

At least now SFNE has a full loop for an inverted coaster. The Mind Eraser SLC in the park lacks the traditional loop. Mind Eraser and Goliath together contain all the Vekoma inverted inversions: loop, heart shaped element, cobra roll, sidewinder half loop, inline rolls. They just lack an isolated Vekoma corkscrew.

Six Flags New England in Agawam to open 'Goliath,' its 11th roller-coaster | masslive.com
    At least half the cobra roll is up in a photo in this article today.

The SFNE 2012 map is now up with both boomerangs basically back to back. :/ I'm having a case of Deja Vu.
    Park Map: Six Flags New England

Quote Originally Posted by Leo C View Post
    The SFNE 2012 map is now up with both boomerangs basically back to back. :/ I'm having a case of Deja Vu.
    Park Map: Six Flags New England
    I actually really like the look of two boomerangs back to back like that
    Let it shine, let it shine
    On and on, on and on, come to life

David Crowder*Band: Give Us Rest (A Requiem Mass in C [The Happiest of All Keys])
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1-Thunderhead, 2-El Toro, 3-Wild One (SFA) | Steel Roller Coaster: 1-Intimidator 305, 2- Maverick, 3-Goliath (SFOG)

I wonder how far back the towers will hang over the pedestrians by the balloon ride and Flashback.

This weekend I have seen pics from the highway and from a crane bucket above the layout: Goliath is now fully erected. The two lift towers, loop, cobra roll are all up on the Giant Inverted Boomerang standing next to a regular Vekoma boomerang. Six Flags Boomerang City.

Goliath at Six Flags New England The ugly Six Flags installed evac platform under the cobra roll also made its way across the country to SFNE. It's in one the pics on that site. That site is very straight to the point about the ride's history.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast