Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SFNE '12 Goliath '13 New train

Looking at a forum about SFNE's Opening Weekend i see that the rear lift towers to Goliath actually match the track color. The supports for the lift towers are green like the track.

Once again I'll say I hate that evac platform for the cobra roll.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

OH NO! There's pics of the old Deja Vu train next to the Goliath station. There looks to be delays with the new train from Premier.
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

Oh noes. That is the old Vekoma train. :/

Haha the shark from the old boat ride remains. I heard the boat ride's station house was recycled as well.

The catch car is getting worked on.

CW 56 Boston | CW TV - CW 56 Boston | Six Flags New England Contest | 7NEWS at 10PM | CW TV
    This first ride contest is only good for people in New England basically that can watch this tv station. Enter Canobie guy.

You mean SFNE_Stinks? lol
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313

Proud Member of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

No, the Mike guy who gives us Canobie and the tiny New Hampshire parks trip reports.

It appears Goliath is previewing to season pass holders. There are big letters spelling out "Goliath" on the first lift tower and "Towers" on the other.
    Last edited by Leo C; 05-20-2012 at 03:38 AM.

Screamscape reports the new train for Goliath is in! it's the delayed much lighter Premier built four across train. it would placed on and tested in the off season.

On the hunt for 400 Thunderhawk's Avatar
    Are the new trains designed to improve capacity? I rode this back in August and I actually really enjoyed the ride. I can't believe I'm saying that about a Vekoma SLC... What is the perceived advantage of new trains?
    My hardest earned credit is The Legend at Holiday World, first ridden 5.19.2012, exactly 1399 days after my first visit to Holiday World.
    Next up: Beech Bend/Kentucky Kingdom/Kings Island/Cedar Point
    Favorites: Amusement Park: SFGAdv/Cedar Point/SFMM | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Ravine Flyer II, Outlaw Run, Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Bizarro @ SFNE, New Texas Giant, Iron Rattler

They probably have the same point of view about giving X2 that new train: lighter weight to run smoother through the course. They hope the new train will latch better to the catch car on the vertical tower. The wedge arrangement of seats should be gone. This new train is like 99% of all other invert trains out there: straight across row.
    Last edited by Leo C; 09-27-2012 at 12:48 PM.

Teh Band
    From what I saw on an article SFNE's genral manager said he wants to get atleast 2 years out of this. What does he mean by that?

Post the article. We have no idea what you are talking about. Perhaps he means he may have two years as reign as park president before he goes away. Do you get that?

Teh Band
    I can't find the article.

I rode the coaster yesterday with the old train. Hopefully I'll ride the new train in the future sooner than later. I noticed the old station to the boat ride was reused for the Goliath queue. They had to add a short awning to it to cover the front of the queue by the front of the train.

The new Premier train is installed. i will get a pic of it that I took myself today.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kdk_5770.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	20954 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kdk_5775.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	168.3 KB 
ID:	20955 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kdk_5795.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	154.3 KB 
ID:	20956

The new Premier train. I took the pics Sunday.
    Last edited by Leo C; 04-15-2013 at 07:30 PM.

The new train has been taken off the track. It may be too fast for the catch car at the moment.

Wow, will this thing ever run right? lol

I love those coasters, I hope they can work out the kinks.
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313

Proud Member of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

Screamscape mentioned they may tinker with the new trains' wheels, adding new ones of different resistance. Perhaps it would get retooled. Maybe the old Vekoma train will return for this season.

The old train is now back on Goliath.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12