Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SFDK '12 Attraction

LIM work is continuing. The facebook page mentioned the installation of blowers. There shouldn't be much track to install overhead the station. It's the straight piece of track with the brakes and the inline twist. On the ends are the vertical twists and the noninverting loop.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SupermanSFDK9.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	20403

Name:	SupermanSFDK10.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	26.6 KB 
ID:	20404

Name:	SupermanSFDK11.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	78.8 KB 
ID:	20405

Name:	SupermanSFDK12.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	74.8 KB 
ID:	20406
    Pictures from the park's fb page. The upper supports going up really look like Mr. Freeze structure. More track has been placed.
    It's interesting that though not all the track is finished a train car was already being lowered onto the track. I wonder how they will maintain this train.
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

Name:	SupermanSFDK14.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	28.5 KB 
ID:	20417
    From the park's facebook.
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151017031557743
    The big S gets raised onto the ride. The park announces the ride will open June 23rd.

All track is completed. The angle of the track at the end of the first tower suggests the train should barely have juice left when it reaches the brakes before the inline roll overheard.

I can't believe this is already the third coaster on this site.

This coaster really looks like it's a creation out of RCT and would have a small scale model at a convention show.

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2012/...de-in-vallejo/
    News story with the finished track.

I wonder if we will see some testing soon....

*goes off to scour youtube*
    SpeedZone Staffer
    *2012 Draft 3rd Place!
    Creation List: Indecisive - Timber Wolf: The Hunt - Rewind - Omega - Forbidden Forest Ride - unknown
    Tutorials: Current: B&M Floorless/Sit-Down inverting
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Skyrocket

Name:	556533_10151034260502743_1296233064_n.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	162.2 KB 
ID:	20425
    Park posted pic on facebook.
    The Superman sign in now on the old Tony Hawk sign frame.

The park announced the coaster's grand opening is delayed a few days.

From the park's facebook page.
    Is this element even tighter because of the very short train? It looks pretty cool. It has the thick Premier spine.
    The crossbars change in design in case they want to put the brake strip there.
    Last edited by Leo C; 06-24-2012 at 11:09 AM.

Superman is testing! The near vertical drop after the inline roll at the top of the structure looks pretty cool.
    We got two car train operation.

Does it even launch forward or does it begin with a reverse launch? If it does the reverse launch OMG is that going to scare the utter bowels out of people hahaha.

This gets a WANT from me <3

Forward launch to rollback. Then it rolls reverse up the back tower. Finally it gets a full blast to go through its course.

Superman is testing

The launch through the station.

Name:	599242_10151065737442743_1293891771_n.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	77.4 KB 
ID:	20467
    Hot photo. Look at the spine. From the park's facebook page.

I saw Media Day coverage elsewhere: WOW. That coaster really twists. It twists more than an Intamin Impulse. Superman looks cool. Bravo Premier.
    Last edited by Leo C; 06-29-2012 at 10:21 PM.

Name:	524121_419548648087659_1736738362_n.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	153.1 KB 
ID:	20549

Looking great. From Premier's fb page.

The ride had stalled this last weekend. It's just like CHILLER.

Superman: Ultimate Flight now has a small platform at the top. The train got stuck at the top of the tower last year preceding the inline roll. Now maintenance can climb a caged ladder to this platform to most likely give the train a shove if it gets stuck again or the platform would be used for evacuation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12