Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Photography

On the hunt for 400 Thunderhawk's Avatar
    I went through all of the coaster pictures I took last season to hype myself up for this season. I had never gone through the pictures I took labor day weekend of last year. I really like the way this one came out and think it shows the awesome view from the top of Ravine Flyer II. This was taken from the ferris wheel across the midway from RFII.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-09-03_19-28-56_300.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	19873  
    My hardest earned credit is The Legend at Holiday World, first ridden 5.19.2012, exactly 1399 days after my first visit to Holiday World.
    Next up: Beech Bend/Kentucky Kingdom/Kings Island/Cedar Point
    Favorites: Amusement Park: SFGAdv/Cedar Point/SFMM | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Ravine Flyer II, Outlaw Run, Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Bizarro @ SFNE, New Texas Giant, Iron Rattler

More recent photos by me. Most of these were taken during South by Southwest.

Storm approaches HDR by raptoralex, on Flickr
    Not this, though. This was before a severe thunderstorm last night. As the title says, it's an HDR.

Agent Ribbons by raptoralex, on Flickr
    The band's called Agent Ribbons.

Litter in the gutter by raptoralex, on Flickr
    This is the day after the last full night of the music festival.

Guitarist by raptoralex, on Flickr
    ThrillNetwork editor emeritus - NSCIGC member
    Voyage is the best coaster
    Raptor ride count - 1,160.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Holiday World, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor

Here are two gems I took this year

Last edited by Daniel Barto; 04-16-2012 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Added wild eagle picture
    Let it shine, let it shine
    On and on, on and on, come to life

David Crowder*Band: Give Us Rest (A Requiem Mass in C [The Happiest of All Keys])
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1-Thunderhead, 2-El Toro, 3-Wild One (SFA) | Steel Roller Coaster: 1-Intimidator 305, 2- Maverick, 3-Goliath (SFOG)

I very much love photography, and it's a great skill to have as a graphic designer. The cameras I have are Canon Rebel T1i, Panasonic DMC FZ 28, and a Holga plastic film camera.

I very very much wish I could show you my favorite park pictures. I got exclusive access to a certain park when it was closed for the season as a project for my photography class and took a bunch of awesome pics with my Holga (if you don't know what a Holga camera is, look it up. It's great.) Unfortunately the park asked that I not brag about the opportunity publicly (they don't want everyone to think they can just show up and expect to be let in for pictures.) So until such a time the pictures can be made public, I can't show you.

And on that low note, I will show you some of my other favorite park pictures. These are all taken with my Panasonic. My Canon wasn't purchased until fall last year. I still don't know if I'm going to start lugging the DSLR around the parks or not... Anyhoo, I'll pick 4 to show ya.

ThrillNetwork Database Editor

"I won't stop riding roller coasters when I get old. I'll get old when I stop riding roller coasters" -Unknown
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World / Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Minetrain Poster
    A shot of Alpengesit during Illuminights:

Taken with my point and shoot.

This was taken at the St. Louis Zoo.

Now for some odds and ends (might be quite a few images).

I could fill up this thread in no time out of the close to or over 30k pictures I have taken in five years.

I'm the good looking one Brian F's Avatar
    A town called Big Nothing (Really Big Nothing)
    Finally upgraded today. My Powershot A700 has impressed me more than I ever thought a Point and Shoot could, but it was time to go big. Picked up a D5100 Nikon. Now, for the learning curve.
    ThrillNetwork Lead Moderator
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force or Magnum- tough call.

So I recently took my photography to the next level. I bought this professional telephoto lens. It's a 70-200 f/4. My previous telephoto lens was terrible and not sharp at any focal length. This one is insanely sharp; almost as sharp as my 50 1.4. It arrived during my work week, so I haven't really had time to take it out and play around, but I plan on visiting a nature preserve this week and going to a lighthouse.

My new Canon 70-200 f/4 IS USM by raptoralex, on Flickr
    ThrillNetwork editor emeritus - NSCIGC member
    Voyage is the best coaster
    Raptor ride count - 1,160.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Holiday World, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12