Thread: Disney's California Adventure

Disney's California Adventure

Heading to Disney's California Adventure this week. Any tips would be appreciated. What rides to hit first? Where to eat? Thanks.
    Follow ThrillNetwork on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
    Favorites: Amusement Park: IOA | Wooden Roller Coaster: Cyclone, CI | Steel Roller Coaster: Nitro

I'm headed there this week too. Not sure what day. Probably Friday. It will be my first trip to the park so I'd like to see some tips too.
    ThrillNetwork Moderator(Originally known as Nitro Luvr)
    2014 Coaster Draft Selection - Shambhala - Katun - Troy - Superman / la Atracción de Acero - Nefeskesen - Mammut - Air - Big Thunder Mountain
    Proud mem**r of the 400 club!!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags Magic Mountain, and Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Thunderhead, Mammut, and Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Hyper-Nitro, Giga-Intimidator 305, LIM/LSM- bluefire, Inverted-Katun, Floorless-Kraken, Flying-Manta

Cool. Didn't know you were in LA. Not sure what day I'm going.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: IOA | Wooden Roller Coaster: Cyclone, CI | Steel Roller Coaster: Nitro

Oh, I'm not. I fly out there tomorrow morning for a week stay. I will be visiting all the big parks in California
    2014 Coaster Draft Selection - Shambhala - Katun - Troy - Superman / la Atracción de Acero - Nefeskesen - Mammut - Air - Big Thunder Mountain
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags Magic Mountain, and Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Thunderhead, Mammut, and Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Hyper-Nitro, Giga-Intimidator 305, LIM/LSM- bluefire, Inverted-Katun, Floorless-Kraken, Flying-Manta

The Sun Wheel is awesome. It's too bad the S&S towers are no longer there. Screamin' California was a blast to keep riding over and over. The Wild Mouse as usual is a pain to wait in line for. Now it's called Goofy's Flight School. Soarin' California is cool. I'm not sure if that Whoopi Goldberg narrated film is still in the theater by the front entrance.

WARNING!!!!! Checking Screamscape I found this snippet about California Adventure: California Screamin’ – 9/6/11 through 10/14/11 CLOSED FOR REHAB

I'm not sure the park is worth going to California Screamin' is closed.
    Last edited by Leo C; 09-14-2011 at 09:55 AM.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

If this is true, I will not be a happy camper. The website is not saying anything either. I understand that Disney runs 365 days a year, but it doesn't make sense to shut the ride down now for rehab. It makes better sense to do it after Halloween events and open right before Christmas rush. Or wait until January when the attendance is lower and then do it.

Bummer. That would bite. I guess I'll go to Knotts. Trying to make the rounds.

That's where I went to today. That place was empty. If I waited more than 2 minutes for a ride, it was considered long. If California Screamin' is not running, Disney should offer a discounted ticket. It is their signature ride at the park. I know last year when bigFM Expedition GeForce was not running because of the derailment, Holiday Park charged everyone the kids price. Because, although it is a pretty nice park, there is NOTHING there to justify the higher price when GeForce isn't running.