Thread: 11 Inversion Coaster: Jinling Happy World

11 Inversion Coaster: Jinling Happy World

Apparently (as per RCDB.com), there is an 11 inversion roller coaster under construction in China. It is being built by a mostly unknown company with coasters that favor Arrow Dynamics. I tried to go to the website to confirm, but can't get it to translate for me. I surely do hope this rumor is not true. Have we not learned from Colossus? More is not necessarily better with Colossus being my least favorite steel roller coaster of all time. Maybe this company can make theirs better, but I nearly lost all confidence in Intamin after riding Colossus. With the exception of Dragon Khan, I think all coasters should stick with 7 or less inversions. Because once you get above that, you are basically inverting over and over while not being big on other manuevers. If anyone ever makes it out to China, let me know how this ride is. Because I sincerely hope this large number of inversions trend does not catch on.

11 Inversion Coaster (Jinling Happy World)
    Last edited by Antoine; 10-15-2011 at 09:20 PM.
    ThrillNetwork Moderator(Originally known as Nitro Luvr)
    2014 Coaster Draft Selection - Shambhala - Katun - Troy - Superman / la Atracción de Acero - Nefeskesen - Mammut - Air - Big Thunder Mountain
    Proud mem**r of the 400 club!!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags Magic Mountain, and Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Thunderhead, Mammut, and Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Hyper-Nitro, Giga-Intimidator 305, LIM/LSM- bluefire, Inverted-Katun, Floorless-Kraken, Flying-Manta

Well at least we won't have to worry about China ever calling in our loans, they will be so broke from building coasters like they Six Flags Ohio that they will always need the US economy to support them! lol
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313

Proud Mem**r of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

Looks like it's just Colossus with an extra loop. That's fairly lame.
    I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with 8+ inversion coasters, I just think there are way better things to do with all that energy that lots of inversions. They tend to look very intimidating, but not rarely be the defining "great thing" about a ride. I'm glad we're starting to get to a point where the division between "inversion coasters" and "speed coasters" is getting foggy (thinking about coasters like Cheetah Hunt and Maverick, where there are inversions, but they aren't the sole feature of the ride).
    I think China may get a 12- or even 13-inversion coaster, just because the culture over there right now is a lot like it was here in the '80s, but I don't think we'll go far beyond what we have now.

Colossus needed more big loops of different varieties. Then I would respect that attempt. I don't dig 4 inlines in a row and one final one into the station.

This is lame that we do not have any renderings.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

^^Yeah it really is getting foggy. I mean honestly the vast majority of my favorite coasters either have no inversions or lack having a substantial number of them. I think out of my favorite designs, Katun and Kraken has the most invesions with 6 and 7. All others are pretty much 4 or less. An inversion does not always translate into a great ride at all. The thought of there being 11 on one coaster is just too much. The problem with Colossus is that it is an all around rough ride and the ROUGHEST part is during the inversions. That's what makes the ride so horrible is because for one it is very short and two you have very little 'recovery' time from one inversion to the next. So you are just constantly getting banged around on this disgrace of an Intamin ride. And Leo yeah the 4 inline twists are pretty lame. Then the ride makes a sharp left turn towards the station and executes one last inversion. It is very clear that they were simply going for a record on the ride while it lacks all kinds of creativity. It is just ehhhhh. I've seen TOGO coasters with a more interesting set-up...and they were smoother too!
    2014 Coaster Draft Selection - Shambhala - Katun - Troy - Superman / la Atracción de Acero - Nefeskesen - Mammut - Air - Big Thunder Mountain
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags Magic Mountain, and Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Thunderhead, Mammut, and Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Hyper-Nitro, Giga-Intimidator 305, LIM/LSM- bluefire, Inverted-Katun, Floorless-Kraken, Flying-Manta

From the site itself it seems...

http://www.hbgsc.com/up_product/2010-12-9-108577801.gif

I'm honestly going to try and find more. Also, Brazil has rumors for a 12+ inversion coaster.

Edit: Google Translate works WONDERS!

Product Detials: Eleven loop roller coaster is a rich stimulating entertainment, design height of 40 meters, covers an area of approximately 220 m × 65 m, the track length of about 999 meters. The entire track consists of two vertical ring, two spiral ring, two snake-like ring (called drift), and five cylindrical reverse ring, which ring arranged in a reverse brake before the pit stop.
    Last edited by Joe R; 10-17-2011 at 09:43 PM.

Just further confirms that China is stealing the ideas of Vekoma and Intamin to build their coasters too. No creativity at all and they didn't even TRY to mask the fact that this is a copycat ride from another designer. Kinda reminds me of when the Russians built the space shuttle Buran. It is VERY clear that there was stolen secrets from their American counterparts to build it. Bet this coaster will have similar results in the copycat design too....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buran_(spacecraft)
    Last edited by Antoine; 04-08-2012 at 04:46 PM.

Painful as all sin and no love for it?

China gets a lot of our scrap metal shipped by ship to them so instead of having the coaster made by Intamin and Vekoma's facilities elsewhere they'll make it in country. Looks like they clone existing plans infringe on designs, patents.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

I wonder if there are any pending lawsuits out there for this. I would think that Intamin and Vekoma owns several patents on their designs and is not THAT willing to share them. I mean sure Arrow and Vekoma are alike as well as Mack, Gerstlauer, and Intamin triangular track, but they are still vastly different too.