Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Galveston Pleasure Pier- Gerstlauer

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	75284_356697934395129_177272299004361_997560_904813606_n.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	20356

The train car from Gerstlauer! Posted on the park's fb.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

The park opened to guests! I just haven't seen pics of Iron Shark running.
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

Does not appear to be open to the public yet. The pics on the facebook page are from the training day for the employees and their families. I am surprised they did this without an official opening date post. Wonder what the holdup is?
    Thrillnetwork Database Lead Editor (formerly coasterb)

Don't forget to log your rides in the database!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ravine Flyer II | Steel Roller Coaster: Diamondback

The official date will be coming later this week: Landry's employees test out pleasure pier. They have been advertising it as Summer 2012, which usually officially starts after Memorial Day for most places.
    205 coasters and counting...
    Travel Blog | Twitter | Facebook
    Favorites: Amusement Park: All of them | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator

Or the official beginning of summer: near the end of June. :P I never came back to correct myself. I would love to see a testing video of Iron Shark. Is it as quick as the 28 second VIPER coaster that used to be at SFGADV?

The ride is testing. A pic from the park's facebook. I wish there was a mid inversion action shot.

Name:	Steelshark18.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	20407

Name:	Steelshark19.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	74.6 KB 
ID:	20408
    The park and Steel Shark is now open! Pics from the park's facebook page.

Name:	270812_370965902968332_177272299004361_1035490_1764488365_n.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	20415
    From the park's facebook.
    The foundation is up for the Star Flyer on the pier. I'm taking note that this is how the foundation will look for a Star Flyer on the Steel Pier in NJ.

Name:	224923_373962529335336_1300658242_n.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	37.3 KB 
ID:	20419
    The base for the Star Flyer grows. It's the first attraction I saw parts for but it's going up last. The pic is from the park's fb page.

In the last week the swings grew:

From the park's facebook page.

Those swing chairs are on the edge.

Name:	411787_382790475119208_431343363_o.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	143.4 KB 
ID:	20437

This view is pretty cool. The Star Flyer is already on the edge of the pier and over water. The loading platform has grating so the view of the Gulf water below just seeps in Pretty cool.

Name:	479899_385011084897147_438365409_n.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	73.8 KB 
ID:	20469
    The Star Flyer is testing! From the park's facebook page.

I like the transformation the pier went through. It's a great mix of rides.

^I agree, good variety of rides. A ton of people were following their facebook page, they aren't going to have problems with people coming as much as having not enough parking.

Hopefully this pier stays intact for a long time without a hurricane attack.
    Thrillnetwork Database Lead Editor (formerly coasterb)

Don't forget to log your rides in the database!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ravine Flyer II | Steel Roller Coaster: Diamondback

I hope the years are far in between those.

Name:	576201_393523370712585_772873288_n.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	50.4 KB 
ID:	20564

Texas Star Flyer running. From the park's facebook page.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12