Thread: Server Too Busy???

Hats for (Carousel)Horses Racer's Avatar

Server Too Busy???

Has anyone else been getting a message saying that the server is busy and to try again later? I've gotten it about 3 or 4 times today. We haven't been that busy in years.
    ThrillNetwork SpeedZone Editor and unofficial DB Editor
    Please stand with your feet flat on the... stand up.. no- why are you sitting??? STAND UP ON THE GEORGIA SCORCHER!!!
    2014 Coaster Draft: Leviathan, Banshee, Alpengeist, Aftershock, GoldStriker, DareDevilDive, GeorgiaScorcher, Tatsu, SheiKra
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath(SFOG)

I'm the good looking one Steven's Avatar
    We're intentionally limiting usage as we try to figure out a few things. It seems as if vBulletin 4.1x is causing some extreme loads that are bogging it down. When that happens, it makes pages and all load super slow.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum

I just got a message saying that our Thrill Network could not be loaded, a general statement from Google Chrome.

Unfortunately you're going to see such errors until we can get it ironed out.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum

I lost my new posts link but I'm sure you know about that. Since it is essentially a search feature, I'm assuming it is disabled for the moment.
    205 coasters and counting...
    Travel Blog | Twitter | Facebook
    Favorites: Amusement Park: All of them | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator

Yeah I know about that. Going to be that way for a bit.

Is it possible to revert to the last version of vB? You would think they wouldnt release an unstable version like this.
    My God is not dead, He's surely alive. He's living on the inside, roaring like a lion
    Thrillnetwork Moderator, formerly Tigeraceray

Just keep your eyes on Christ - Lecrae
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Diamondback

Awww. No more like buttons
    Let it shine, let it shine
    On and on, on and on, come to life

David Crowder*Band: Give Us Rest (A Requiem Mass in C [The Happiest of All Keys])
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1-Thunderhead, 2-El Toro, 3-Wild One (SFA) | Steel Roller Coaster: 1-Intimidator 305, 2- Maverick, 3-Goliath (SFOG)

Quote Originally Posted by Tigeraceray View Post
    Is it possible to revert to the last version of vB? You would think they wouldnt release an unstable version like this.
    No... it's not possible. Plus, we'd lose a heck of a lot in the process (namely our CMS).

That really sucks. I wonder what vBulletin has to say for this.
    My God is not dead, He's surely alive. He's living on the inside, roaring like a lion

Favorites: Amusement Park: Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Diamondback

Get well soon vBulletin! Let ThrillNetwork be great!
    I've been real all my life, they confuse it with conceit
    Since I will not lose, they try to help him cheat
    But I will not lose, for even in defeat
    There's a valuable lesson learned, so it evens it up for me
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Universal Studios Hollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Nitro

Quote Originally Posted by Tigeraceray View Post
    That really sucks. I wonder what vBulletin has to say for this.
    Their response, from what I've read on their forums, has largely been "sucks to be you". A lot of it has to do with Internet Brands and their mismanagement of vBulletin it seems.

I did a dumpout of the database backend, restored it to a new database (w/ some changes), and restored some of the content. To me, it's noticably faster, so I will await feedback.

I have to agree with that. Hopefully that will fix it all.

It's been quick for me today.
    205 coasters and counting...
    Travel Blog | Twitter | Facebook
    Favorites: Amusement Park: All of them | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator