Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NFL Jan '12

NFL Jan '12

Come on Matty Ice: Slay the Giants. I guess it's a miracle if Detroit gets by the Saints. Pittsburgh is hobbling? We'll see. For some reason I lay on the Ravens on the AFC as a default.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

Matty Ice and Tony Gonzalez have never won a playoff game before. This weekend will be no different either. Big Ben is hurt, but they could start Kobe Bryant at QB and still beat the Broncos this weekend. Everyone knows that even on their WORST day, the Steelers defense is going to give you a run for your money. I predict that Tebow gives them at least 2 pick 6. I am leaning towards the Bengals to beat the Texans, even though I like the Texans more. Dalton is 3-0 at Reliant Stadium all time. He will soon be 4-0, but it will be a close game.
    ThrillNetwork Moderator(Originally known as Nitro Luvr)
    2014 Coaster Draft Selection - Shambhala - Katun - Troy - Superman / la Atracción de Acero - Nefeskesen - Mammut - Air - Big Thunder Mountain
    Proud mem**r of the 400 club!!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags Magic Mountain, and Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Thunderhead, Mammut, and Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Hyper-Nitro, Giga-Intimidator 305, LIM/LSM- bluefire, Inverted-Katun, Floorless-Kraken, Flying-Manta

The Lions have a chance against the Saints I think. I hope they beat them too because I want the Patriots to play Green Bay in the Super Bowl. They have the worst defense in the league.

My picks for Wild Card:

Cincinnati Vs. Houston - Very close. In Week 14 Houston only won by 1 after throwing for 300 yards. I'm going to take Bengals as my upset pick.
    Pittsburgh Vs. Denver - Easy, Steelers no contest. It hasn't been Tebow time in quite a few weeks.
    Atlanta Vs. New York - Terrible defense in the Falcons. But their offense has been carrying them. Giants are the opposite, good defense, poor offense (through the air). Picking New York for the defense.
    Detroit Vs. New Orleans - This is easily the best game of the week. Lions have been in close games the past 2 seasons and this year theyre finally winning. I'm picking them for my NFC upset pick.
    My God is not dead, He's surely alive. He's living on the inside, roaring like a lion
    Thrillnetwork Moderator, formerly Tigeraceray

Just keep your eyes on Christ - Lecrae
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Diamondback

I would like to Houston move on. That's a tough pick for me cause I'm just as interested in Cincinnati getting a run too.

Exton PA's Matty Ice; yes we have another Philly connection like Joe Flacco.
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

I pretty much agree with what you are saying there too. Only difference is that Eli and Cruz are dangerous once they get hooked up. If the Falcons don't double cover Cruz, then it is going to be a longggggggggg game for the Falcons. But they have to be careful because Nicks is no slouch either as a WR. He just been slightly overshadowed by Cruz this year. So you double Cruz and that leaves Nicks on single coverage against a DB (aka the jerk route) or corner that is likely a good 6 inches shorter. I really like the Saints as a team, but this year I am hoping they lose again since my Giants are in the playoffs. The Saints are the one team that no one wants to play. If the Lions can match Brees point for point, then they have a chance, because neither defense exactly scares anyone. The Saints and my Giants are probably the only NFC teams that the Packers don't wanna see too.
    Last edited by Antoine; 01-07-2012 at 12:50 PM.
    2014 Coaster Draft Selection - Shambhala - Katun - Troy - Superman / la Atracción de Acero - Nefeskesen - Mammut - Air - Big Thunder Mountain
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags Magic Mountain, and Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Thunderhead, Mammut, and Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Hyper-Nitro, Giga-Intimidator 305, LIM/LSM- bluefire, Inverted-Katun, Floorless-Kraken, Flying-Manta

I'm really hoping we end up with the Bengals and then have to play the Steelers. Ben's hurt, and they arent playing the same when we played them earlier. Cincy is a joke. Get past them and we're in. Whats really killing me is the fact that the SB is in Indy and I live about an hour and a half from indy and I wont get to see my Patriots play
    My God is not dead, He's surely alive. He's living on the inside, roaring like a lion

Favorites: Amusement Park: Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Diamondback

Jimmy - Half a world away, your Houston Texans are going to the second round of the Playoffs!

I know he is happy. Although I was thinking the Bengals might pull in the upset, I should not be surprised at the results either. The fact of the matter is that the Bengals were 1-6 against teams with a winning record this season. That finally caught up to them. But regardless, quite the turnaround for them from last year.
    Last edited by Antoine; 01-07-2012 at 10:29 PM.

Quite disappoined. I really wanted to play the Bungles. Oh well, Yates is actually a pretty decent QB. Hope he does well against Baltimore. Ready for the best game of the night though.

Let's go Matty Ice.

Can it just be Steelers-Ravens already? I wish Denver would bring more.

Wow, 2 points or 2 runs Atlanta Falcons? That was quite embarrassing Dirty Birds. Green and Yellow better settle it next week.

I picked a game right! XD

So far 1-2. Come on Steelers.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo C View Post
    Wow, 2 points or 2 runs Atlanta Falcons? That was quite embarrassing Dirty Birds. Green and Yellow better settle it next week.
    The LAST team that the Packers wanted to see during the playoffs is the Giants. Last time we played them in the playoffs, it didn't end well. And if it wasn't for that out of this world catch by Jordy Nelson during the season, we would have given the Packers their first loss.

I think the team they dont want is the Patriots. Best offense in the league, and yes they have the 2nd worst defense in yards allowed but they only allowed the 15th most points per game. In contrast the Packers have the worst defense in yards and rank behind them in points allowed.

This is true. I am mainly speaking from the NFC side though as far as teams go. But I know one thing, the LAST team the Patriots want to face in the Super Bowl is the Giants.lol

Lol that wont happen again. That will go down as the luckiest catch ever made.

lol Hey sometimes you need luck to get a win. I just know that if my Giants make it to the Super Bowl along with the Patriots, they surely won't be the underdogs this time .

That's pretty much been a disappointment to me. The one Giants game I paid attention to was that one against the Patriots. I can't believe it's like they have the Pats' number.

My brother went to Florida even and i've never given this Tebow guy more than a minute of my time. I saw this fullback looking QB run it in on Pittsburgh. As of the 2nd quarter it looks like the Steelers are getting Tebowned.
    Last edited by Leo C; 01-08-2012 at 05:59 PM.

Well it looks like a new years miracle is going to happen XD

That's pretty much been a disappointment to me. The one Giants game I paid attention to was that one against the Patriots. I can't believe it's like they have the Pats' number.
    That's how it is with many teams too. Every team out there has that one team that they can't seem to beat each year. This year it was the sorry Redskins for us. No matter what we did, we just could not beat them. The Giants are 2-0 in the last 4 years against the Pats and both were big name games too. Not sure if the Giants have their number, but they surely got the right area code! lol

This Pittsburgh game is getting on my nerves. I never thought the score would be like this. I figured the Steelers would run away with the game. I had no intentions of staying up for the entire game because I thought the Steelers put it away by the 2nd QTR. Going on 1am and looks like it will be an all nighter for me.
    Last edited by Antoine; 01-08-2012 at 06:51 PM.

Well.. Patriots are going to be playing in the AFC Championship.

OOOOOHHHHHH! One Play! One Play! The Denver Broncos win with just one play in Overtime. Wow!!! Pittsburgh Steelers Tebowed.
    Last edited by Leo C; 01-08-2012 at 08:20 PM.

Sorry to see your Steelers lose, Katie. I grew up in western PA and my family really isn't big into sports. So many people I went to school with were obnoxious and unsportsmanlike pulling for the Steelers that I still can't root for them no matter how hard I try. I looked around and saw the Browns could really use some love and fans, so I started pulling for them. I really tried pulling for the Steelers last night for my wife's sake but just couldn't find it in me.

Since moving to NC many years ago, I started pulling for the Panthers for the same reason - they remind me a lot of the Browns with more potential. They often like to win the first three quarters of the game and forget how to play in the fourth quarter.
    205 coasters and counting...
    Travel Blog | Twitter | Facebook
    Favorites: Amusement Park: All of them | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator

This next season my Birds play the Panthers once again. I'm looking forward to that again.

It should be a good game. If the Panthers learn from this season, they should be a formidable team next season and make it into the playoffs.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: All of them | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator

OOOOOHHHHHH! One Play! One Play! The Denver Broncos win with just one play in Overtime. Wow!!! Pittsburgh Steelers Tebowed.
    I had just settled in for a long OT when he hit the afterburns and blasted into the end zone! Go Tebow! Haters go ahead and hate, I still love John Fox and Tim Tebow.

Sorry Katie & Jeff.
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313

Proud Mem**r of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

^I still like John Fox and am happy to see him doing well. I wanted him gone from Carolina a few years ago, but that's because I thought the team needed a new direction (which it seems they clearly have, now).

It was funny watching the game, as I knew some of the plays the Broncos would play (and disagreed with) just by watching the Panthers all these years.

I'm the good looking one Brian F's Avatar
    A town called Big Nothing (Really Big Nothing)
    I still can't stand Tebow the football player. Yes, I was wanting him to do well, as the lesser of two evils. As a person, I like him a lot.

But I am SO sick of hearing announcers fawn over him like 14 year old girls. I have been for five years or so.
    ThrillNetwork Lead Moderator
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force or Magnum- tough call.

I wish I still had that pic of the Steelers getting off of Interstate 80. Interstate 80 starts on the other end in San Franscisco. I wonder if they will get off the road next? Can they hold on with the New Orleans Saints' assault that's most likely to come?

I wouldn't sleep on those 49ers though. They may give the Saints a run for their money. I mean don't get me wrong, I think the Saints will win this game, but I also wouldn't be surprised if the 49ers pull it off. And unlike those Broncos, the 49ers have a very good defense AND offense.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast