Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skyscreamer SFGADV '12

Skyscreamer SFGADV '12

Last year Six Flags announced Six Flags Great Adventure was going to get a Skyscreamer swing tower in 2012. Additional flat rides were announced, many of the models are returning to the park such as a Scrambler, bumper cars. An elephant ride is being moved from the Golden Kingdom to join the collect of flats. Skyscreamer and these flats will be set next to the Big Wheel in a section of Fantasy Forest that will be renamed Adventure Alley. Skyscreamer will go on the plot of the former Flying Wave swing ride. The Scrambler will sit under the wires of the Skyride overhead I believe on the plot of the former Pirate Flight. The bumper cars will go on the huge concrete square Evolution once sat on. The elephants ride will be placed on the former Chaos plot.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

That's a smart move in my opinion. Quite a few of the parks that I went to last year could use more flat rides.
    205 coasters and counting...
    Travel Blog | Twitter | Facebook
    Favorites: Amusement Park: All of them | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator

There's already quite a bit of height in the area with the Skyscreamer being 240 feet tall I believe no longer the 150 feet and Big Wheel being right there. Skyscreamer will be as tall as NITRO and really not that far off the fountain at the end of Main Street in the front of the park. I wouldn't mind if a freefall tower joins Adventure Alley in the years to come.
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

About Six Flags Great Adventure | Six Flags Great Adventure Media Relations

Deja Vu is coming to SFGADV!!! Major LOL

They had a few Deja Vu hats in the hat shop a couple seasons ago.

They need to dig a hole for Skyscreamer this month or next.
    Last edited by Leo C; 02-05-2012 at 12:45 AM.

Can I get negative footage at least: a hole for Skyscreamer as I see pics of Cedar Fair's Windseekers being installed?

If Six Flags would install web cameras at all of their parks, they could get more coverage. I can't find one for Great Adventure.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: All of them | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator

Last year the park had one for Green Lantern mounted on the top of the Parachute Drop. It made me familiar with the java based cams coverage on sixflags.com

I don't think I need to watch the swing be built on cam but I'd like a fb update once the digging would start and a few pic updates during the process.

I love the Discovery Channel, History Channel, Science Channel, etc., so I enjoy seeing anything being built. Some of the non-coasters are actually more interesting to watch because they're concentrated in one area.

Watching the Arizona Cardinals stadium construction special was pretty cool on one of those channels.

I watched the one on the Dallas Cowboy's stadium, but not the cardinals one.

Finally there are reports of a hole in the ground in Jackson, NJ. Yay! I'll give them credit they still made it in the short month of February. They even got an extra day this year. I suppose Skyscreamer construction is finally underway.

Finally the base was lowered in place! Blue supports, yellow crossbars.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Skyscreamerbase.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	151.6 KB 
ID:	19881Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Skyscreamerbase2.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	142.9 KB 
ID:	19882
    Last edited by Leo C; 03-19-2012 at 06:16 PM.

Our tower is going up!

The SFFT tower is topped with a globe now. "Six Flags" letters sit on the globe.

Already topped off. Wow. Is it really 240ft?

Last edited by Leo C; 04-03-2012 at 08:23 PM.

With only it really in the picture, it's hard to get a good scale...but it doesn't look like it rivals the height of the Parachute Jump Tower.
    I've been real all my life, they confuse it with conceit
    Since I will not lose, they try to help him cheat
    But I will not lose, for even in defeat
    There's a valuable lesson learned, so it evens it up for me
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Universal Studios Hollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Nitro

I saw a picture taken from the Properstown Lake park. Skyscreamer fits into the skyline with NITRO so it does have the height after all.

Now that it's topped off, I'll have to go to Prospertown "Lake" and get a sense of its place in the skyline from there. This YouTube video of the topping off does a good job of showing its height as well.

SkyScreamer Topping Off.m4v - YouTube
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Universal Studios Hollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Nitro

Weird: I saw a pic of the metal detectors are now before the ticket plaza. At least you can keep metal objects away from the cash registers. That makes more sense.

Finally my own construction pictures today! Mine

Name:	IMG_1318.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	20154Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1238.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	20155Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1242.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	136.7 KB 
ID:	20156Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1230.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	20157Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1228.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	136.1 KB 
ID:	20158Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1182.jpg 
Size:	114.5 KB 
ID:	20159Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1155.jpg 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	20160Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1162.jpg 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	20161Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1164.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	105.9 KB 
ID:	20162Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1179.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	155.4 KB 
ID:	20163
    Skyscreamer has two red beacons. It must be close enough to 250 feet like the Parachute Tower that it needs the lights. NITRO doesn't have them.
    The inground concrete pad is for the Air Jumbo ride moving over from the Golden Kingdom. The old Chaos pad is being prepped for the Deja Vu scrambler installation. There is no progress on the former Evolution pad for the bumper cars. It is not fenced off at all.

Skyscreamer has its chains and seats. It's needs concrete poured underneath it. I wonder if Skyscreamer will have a no singles policy. This would be the first modern Six Flags flat for SFGADV above 200 ft that includes a brand name sign topper. SFGADV is now in the same league as SFNE with its Scream! tower having a big Six Flags sign. Six Flags is painted on the parachute tower.

I included a picture of the new metal detectors gate installed now before the main entry plaza and admissions and one of an Air Force tanker flying over the park on its way to the nearby Air Force base.
    Last edited by Leo C; 04-10-2012 at 10:10 PM.

http://yfrog.com/z/ob20uufj
    The La Ronde swing is almost up.
    Instead of the park's name the name of the ride will be on its topper.

La Ronde's swing is now done.

Name:	529277_10150695158683742_35121913741_9617811_1449942987_n.jpg 
Size:	86.3 KB 
ID:	20205
    Last edited by Leo C; 04-19-2012 at 04:57 PM.

I went to the park today was surprised they added lights besides the red beacons to the top of the 240 foot tower of Skyscreamer. The concrete is poured for the ride pad. The Deja Vu scrambler is up and it uses the same Deja Vu logo the coasters had but now in red and gold colors. It also has the original and retro logos of the park on the scrambler ride cars! When I was brought to the park as a kid the park had that rainbow logo. The Air Jumbo pad has a few elephant cars out. There are still no sign of the bumper cars on the old Evolution spot

Name:	IMG_1848.jpg 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	20314Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1660.jpg 
Size:	124.1 KB 
ID:	20315Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1661.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	129.2 KB 
ID:	20316Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1668.jpg 
Size:	59.5 KB 
ID:	20317Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1671.jpg 
Size:	124.7 KB 
ID:	20318Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1674.jpg 
Size:	90.8 KB 
ID:	20319Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1676.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	118.3 KB 
ID:	20320Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1679.jpg 
Size:	146.0 KB 
ID:	20321Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1680.jpg 
Size:	124.6 KB 
ID:	20322Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1682.jpg 
Size:	152.7 KB 
ID:	20323Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1684.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	144.9 KB 
ID:	20324Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1686.jpg 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	20325Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1687.jpg 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	20326Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1691.jpg 
Size:	143.1 KB 
ID:	20327Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1692.jpg 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	20328Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1693.jpg 
Size:	100.4 KB 
ID:	20329Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1695.jpg 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	20330
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1848.jpg 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	20313  
    Last edited by Leo C; 05-04-2012 at 11:10 PM.

Nice pics, Leo. Looks like they're on track to have all of that open by Memorial Day.

Season pass holder sneak peak is next Thursday.

Water dummies are on the ride.

Just a swing ride but it's on a tower! I'm ready for a preview. SkyScreamer Pass Holder Preview

I rode Skyscreamer today during a Season Pass Holder preview. I had fun swinging above the trees. I loved the view of the park.

Skyscreamer has a full canopy over the queue line. Air Jumbo is fully installed and was testing today. Deja Vu is ready to go. No sign of Fender Benders yet. The King Cobra water slide may still be in pieces on the entry road to the park and along the fence at Hurricane Harbor.

Name:	P5170403.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	33.7 KB 
ID:	20372Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P5170430.jpg 
Size:	143.8 KB 
ID:	20373Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P5170423.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	82.3 KB 
ID:	20374Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P5170418.jpg 
Size:	120.9 KB 
ID:	20375Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P5170428.jpg 
Size:	153.0 KB 
ID:	20376Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P5170452.jpg 
Size:	130.6 KB 
ID:	20377Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P5170396.jpg 
Size:	135.4 KB 
ID:	20378Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P5170397.jpg 
Size:	159.0 KB 
ID:	20379Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P5170398.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	136.9 KB 
ID:	20380

Check out my front page article about Skyscreamer's season pass holder preview today. It was fun.

Real swings have chains. #GoBigGoSixFlags

Name:	P5170474.jpg 
Size:	117.0 KB 
ID:	20381Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P5170484.jpg 
Size:	73.3 KB 
ID:	20382
    Last edited by Leo C; 05-18-2012 at 12:35 AM.

Name:	545287_10150901443948513_324481449_n.jpg 
Size:	194.6 KB 
ID:	20424
    From the park's facebook page.
    The King Cobra waterslide is finally being installed. Even during the last two visits to SFGADV with Antoine and Thunderhawk pieces to the ride were on the complex entry road after the bridge over 537. Last Sunday the crane was driving over towards Hurricane Harbor. i'm glad they got installation underway finally.

Still waiting on the bumper cars.

The King Cobra slide opens July 11 at Hurricane Harbor.

I'm surprised that it's taking so long for the bumper cars to show up. I thought they would have been at the park a while ago.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast