Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Coaster Draft

2012 Coaster Draft

Please let us know if you are interested in participating in the draft this year. We would like to have 20 participants.

There will be no prize this year. But the winner we can make a cool banner for your signature and you will have the reigning title.

Post here if you are interested.

1. Vince
    2. CoasterCraze
    3. Antoine
    4. Shawn
    5. Leo C
    6. Austin
    7. CoasterKid_2006
    8. Daniel Barto
    9. Racer
    10. Brian H
    11. Jeff
    12. tornbretto
    13. jay37415
    ~Website Admin and Staff Director~

Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator 305

2012 Coaster Draft Champion Vince's Avatar
    Count me in. I'm very excited for my 3rd draft. 3rd times the charm, right?
    Retired Staff Member
    2012 Coaster Draft Champion
    I Am Third
    Favorites: Amusement Park: All | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

I'm interested.
    My God is not dead, He's surely alive. He's living on the inside, roaring like a lion
    Thrillnetwork Moderator, formerly Tigeraceray

Just keep your eyes on Christ - Lecrae
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Diamondback

I could be in it.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

Intriguing... Count me in

Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood, given it's the best (only) park within driving distance of me... | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead (Dollywood) | Steel Roller Coaster: Tennessee Tornado (Dollywood).....Mystery Mine (Dollywood (2007))

I will be participating this year. 9th place in 2010, 3rd place in 2011.....I smell a winner for 2012 .
    ThrillNetwork Moderator(Originally known as Nitro Luvr)
    2014 Coaster Draft Selection - Shambhala - Katun - Troy - Superman / la Atracción de Acero - Nefeskesen - Mammut - Air - Big Thunder Mountain
    Proud mem**r of the 400 club!!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags Magic Mountain, and Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Thunderhead, Mammut, and Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Hyper-Nitro, Giga-Intimidator 305, LIM/LSM- bluefire, Inverted-Katun, Floorless-Kraken, Flying-Manta

Count me in! I love me a good draft!
    Let it shine, let it shine
    On and on, on and on, come to life

David Crowder*Band: Give Us Rest (A Requiem Mass in C [The Happiest of All Keys])
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1-Thunderhead, 2-El Toro, 3-Wild One (SFA) | Steel Roller Coaster: 1-Intimidator 305, 2- Maverick, 3-Goliath (SFOG)

Editor
    You can count me in this year, this will very interesting! lol
    The Adventure is coming! 2014 Coaster Draft picks
    Kingda Ka, Wild Eagle, ​Bahemath, The Kraken, FireChaser Express, Mavrick, Medusa, ​Full Throttle, Storm Runner,
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: ThunderHead | Steel Roller Coaster: Wild Eagle

you got me

Still looking for more players.

Players will pick ten coasters through ten rounds, then create a fake park. All the members of ThrillNetwork will then be asked to vote for the best lineup/park. The game is mostly about the collection of coasters picked.

The approach to picking the ten coasters is up to the player. By luck you can have a park with the Riddler's Revenge, Alpengeist, Texas Titan... Mystery Mine could be paired up with Magnum 200XL, the Mummy's Revenge, and Voyage. Some players in the past went for an all wood park. One player as a joke selected coasters that were known to be absolutely horrible. One player had picked a park of all Vekoma boomerangs.
    Last edited by Leo C; 01-19-2012 at 06:26 PM.
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

Instead of 10 coasters can we break it up a bit (so it's more realistic)? Say 4 coasters, 4 flat rides, 3 water rides, and a wild card. I think that would work better than 10 coasters straight.

David Crowder*Band: Give Us Rest (A Requiem Mass in C [The Happiest of All Keys])
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1-Thunderhead, 2-El Toro, 3-Wild One (SFA) | Steel Roller Coaster: 1-Intimidator 305, 2- Maverick, 3-Goliath (SFOG)

Hats for (Carousel)Horses Racer's Avatar
    I'm in again. Hopefully I won't have the last pick again this year.
    ThrillNetwork SpeedZone Editor and unofficial DB Editor
    Please stand with your feet flat on the... stand up.. no- why are you sitting??? STAND UP ON THE GEORGIA SCORCHER!!!
    2014 Coaster Draft: Leviathan, Banshee, Alpengeist, Aftershock, GoldStriker, DareDevilDive, GeorgiaScorcher, Tatsu, SheiKra
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath(SFOG)

I'll be in this year.
    Thrillnetwork Database Lead Editor (formerly coasterb)

Don't forget to log your rides in the database!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ravine Flyer II | Steel Roller Coaster: Diamondback

Welcome back Racer and welcome Brian.

I'm ready!

In a plane, on a rollercoaster near a storm.
    I'll be in if I could understand it a bit more. I think I get the general drift but just want to make sure before committing

2012 Coaster Draft Champion Vince's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Barto
    Instead of 10 coasters can we break it up a bit (so it's more realistic)? Say 4 coasters, 4 flat rides, 3 water rides, and a wild card. I think that would work better than 10 coasters straight.
    While this actually sounds like a pretty cool idea, being a Coaster Draft, as well as the sheer amount of flat rides and water rides that there are in the United States alone, compared to coasters, it really doesn't seem like a fesible option to me. That being said, I'll happily pitch this to the staff and the draft heads and see what we come up with. We'll keep you posted, as the official rules should come out shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by tornbretto
    I'll be in if I could understand it a bit more. I think I get the general drift but just want to make sure before committing
    I can definetly understand your apprehension. The draft is essentially extremely simple. There are ten rounds, and you have one pick per round (unless you make a trade.) Each pick is your opportunity to select the best coaster on the board, or something that fits with your theme, or whatever coaster you feel necessary. At the end of the draft, you'll have the opportunity to market your "park" as the best "park", and then you'll have the opportunity to vote for the best parks. The winner gets bragging rights! Its actually a lot of fun. I literally had no idea what I was doing my first draft, but it was till a blast, I highly recommend it!
    Retired Staff Member
    2012 Coaster Draft Champion
    I Am Third
    Favorites: Amusement Park: All | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

In a plane, on a rollercoaster near a storm.
    ^Count me in then too . Thanks for the answer

Hats for (Carousel)Horses Racer's Avatar
    I always compared the Coaster Draft to fantasy football. Most people seem to understand that.
    ThrillNetwork SpeedZone Editor and unofficial DB Editor
    Please stand with your feet flat on the... stand up.. no- why are you sitting??? STAND UP ON THE GEORGIA SCORCHER!!!
    2014 Coaster Draft: Leviathan, Banshee, Alpengeist, Aftershock, GoldStriker, DareDevilDive, GeorgiaScorcher, Tatsu, SheiKra
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath(SFOG)

My name is already on the list, but Katie told me to post that I wanted in to the draft this year. It will be my first and I am extremely excited.
    Jeff SpeedZone Senior Editor
    2013 Draft Picks: Gatekeeper, Shambhala, Outlaw Run, Goliath (Holland), Full Throttle, Lightning Racer, Alpengeist, Saw the Ride, Wooden Warrior

Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: X2 and Shiekra

Can we get 3 more to get to 15?

Welcome to the arena Jeff.

Leo, mine is also a welcome back. I won first pick one year, and I was a sub another year, entering around the 4th round. One of those, I did all coasters with double letters in their name. Time to pick a theme, and I've got the database on my side!
    Thrillnetwork Database Lead Editor (formerly coasterb)

Don't forget to log your rides in the database!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ravine Flyer II | Steel Roller Coaster: Diamondback

That's right. I now see your former name. Welcome back (formerly) coasterb.

I'm most driven by experience, taste. A theme is quite a latter thought to me.

Hey,

I am new to Thrill Network. But I think this would be fun. If there is still room, count me in.

Hi Jay, we sure do have room. Just to let you know if you do want to participate in the draft we expect you to be checking in almost daily to the site. Last years draft went extremely fast and the pace was really nice. :-) The draft is a commitment and we want you all to have fun!

Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator 305

Big draft weekend to try and get 2 more new members to get to 15 at least, 20 ultimately. I'll even hold off until Sunday to talk about the NFL. I just want this thread title to be first one mentioned.

By Pro Bowl I'll hope to have the old rules pulled up and posted and take predictions leading up to the Super Bowl.

Any last players to come forth this weekend? We're at 13.

Pro Bowl is this weekend. I think on Sunday i can start accepting score predictions. Right off the bat i'll say score predictions can be accepted the latest Super Bowl Sunday. I have to get a formal rules set posted. Tentatively I think we can begin a draft on March 1.

Cut off for scores can be noon on Superbowl Sunday. No ifs ands or buts about it.

Jimmy might be home in time for the start of the Draft. I think I may offer him a honorary spot if he wants to play but it would be the very last spot since he wouldn't be able to make a prediction for the Super Bowl.

Speaking of which: Predictions are due by the day of the Super Bowl at Noon EST.

Don't kill me for asking, what do super bowl predictions have to do with the draft?

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast