Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Coaster Draft

Yes that is correct. You may however choose anything that is scheduled to open in the 2012 season. :-)
    ~Website Admin and Staff Director~

Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator 305

Editor
    Good Luck to all the participants!
    The Adventure is coming! 2014 Coaster Draft picks
    Kingda Ka, Wild Eagle, ​Bahemath, The Kraken, FireChaser Express, Mavrick, Medusa, ​Full Throttle, Storm Runner,
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: ThunderHead | Steel Roller Coaster: Wild Eagle

One more day to go.

UPDATED RULES. #11 is new
    Coaster Draft 2012 rules.
    1. All players will have 24 hours from the start of their pick. For example the player before you in the draft posts at 3:15pm on a Tuesday. You have until 3:15pm on Wednesday or your pick is forfeited. The first player can still pick after their expired time as long as the second player has not made their pick.
    2. You must post the name of the coaster you are choosing as well as the park it is located in. There are multiple coasters with the same name and we don’t want you to have a problem when picking. Please make sure you bold the coaster name and the park it is located in.
    3. If you are unable to make your upcoming draft pick due to vacation, sick, etc, please private message the draft coordinators (either Leo C or Antoine). With your number one pick and two other alternatives in case your first pick was chosen.
    4. The draft will begin on March 1st, 2012 at NOON EST.
    5. The draft order is determined by the outcome of the NFL Super bowl. If you do NOT send in your picks for the Super bowl halftime score and final score with winner, you will be automatically moved to the bottom of the list of participants.
    6. At the end of the draft, each participant must ADVERTISE their park via their blog on ThrillNetwork. We will make a thread where you can advertise your park. You may also create a link in your signature to advertise your park
    7. All participants in the draft MUST vote on the draft. If you do not vote, you may not win. You will have 1 week after the draft ends to advertise and vote on your parks.
    8. Draft trades may happen at any time. Both participants must post in the draft thread that they are trading and what they are trading. All trade proposals will done via PM and then announced in the draft thread.
    9. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask we will be glad to help. Leo, Antoine, and many of the senior staff have played in the draft before.
    10. You may choose ANY operating or under construction coaster in North America (USA, Canada, and Mexico) unless specified by the draft coordinators. This means anything scheduled to open in 2012 may be chosen for the lists.
    11. When a player misses two turns during the draft the player will be dismissed. A replacement player will inherit the coasters previously picked and will be able to make up the missed picks upon entering the draft based on the availability of rides at that moment.

From now on comments, observations, and questions about this draft will move to another thread. http://www.thrillnetwork.com/pub-7/9...ns-thread.html
    This thread is closed off and now reserved for official game picks and announcements.

Below this post it is expected the players of the draft are to post their pick when it is their turn. Trades could be announced on this board.
    Last edited by Leo C; 02-28-2012 at 09:18 PM.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

For the first pick of the 2012 Coaster Draft I will select:

Leviathian at Canadas Wonderland

Vince you may pick your first selection..... now.
    Jeff SpeedZone Senior Editor
    2013 Draft Picks: Gatekeeper, Shambhala, Outlaw Run, Goliath (Holland), Full Throttle, Lightning Racer, Alpengeist, Saw the Ride, Wooden Warrior

Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: X2 and Shiekra

2012 Coaster Draft Champion Vince's Avatar
    Thank you Jeff!

The St. Louis Rams, errrr, Vince has traded the 2nd overall pick, as well as the 30th overall pick, in the 2012 Coaster Draft to Daniel Barto in exchange for the 8th overall pick and the 22nd overall pick.

Daniel, you can confirm, and you are now on the clock.
    Retired Staff Member
    2012 Coaster Draft Champion
    I Am Third
    Favorites: Amusement Park: All | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

I confirm this epic trade

I'll pick Robert Griffin III.... wait, I'm not the Browns silly me

Seriously though, I pick The Voyage at Holiday World.

jay37415 is now on the clock
    Last edited by Daniel Barto; 03-04-2012 at 05:12 PM. Reason: added the next person in line
    Let it shine, let it shine
    On and on, on and on, come to life

David Crowder*Band: Give Us Rest (A Requiem Mass in C [The Happiest of All Keys])
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1-Thunderhead, 2-El Toro, 3-Wild One (SFA) | Steel Roller Coaster: 1-Intimidator 305, 2- Maverick, 3-Goliath (SFOG)

OK for my first pick I will take Tennessee Tornad..... OH WAIT! That is what is happening out my window right now. Where was I...

But seriously, my first pick for the coaster draft is "Thunderbolt" at Kennywood.

Brian H
    ​is on the clock.

I can't believe I'm able to say this,

My first pick of the 2012 TN coaster draft is X-Flight at Six Flags Great America.

Our co-fearless leader Antoine in now on the clock.
    Thrillnetwork Database Lead Editor (formerly coasterb)

Don't forget to log your rides in the database!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ravine Flyer II | Steel Roller Coaster: Diamondback

Dearly beloved, we are gathered here on this wonderful day to wish this man and this coaster a happy marriage. They have been together for 11 years now and finally on this lovely March morning they are joined hand in hand. They have had their ups and downs but still they come out on top as number one. There were some close calls, but no one could shatter them. So today I announce you man and Nitro at Six Flags Great Adventure!

The Kid (aka Shawn) is now on the clock.
    ThrillNetwork Moderator(Originally known as Nitro Luvr)
    2014 Coaster Draft Selection - Shambhala - Katun - Troy - Superman / la Atracción de Acero - Nefeskesen - Mammut - Air - Big Thunder Mountain
    Proud mem**r of the 400 club!!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags Magic Mountain, and Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Thunderhead, Mammut, and Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Hyper-Nitro, Giga-Intimidator 305, LIM/LSM- bluefire, Inverted-Katun, Floorless-Kraken, Flying-Manta

^ This is my surprised face: =|

Anyway...lol. I'm really surprised no one grabbed this, but My first pick for the 2012 draft must be Intimidator 305 at Kings Dominion! I'll let Wes have his beloved I-232. =)

Tornbretto, youuuuu're up!
    -Termination complete-

Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood

In a plane, on a rollercoaster near a storm.
    Internet went down due to storm...but Im back up. Sorry guys

THE BEAST at Kings Island for me....

Daniel Barto was originally next...so I assume it's Vince now?
    Last edited by tornbretto; 03-08-2012 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Bolded my selections

Announcement: Joe R. has requested to play. We have not concluded the first round and therefore lock out the field. After discussion he will be added to the last spot #15. Good luck. Guys please bold your selection and park. Thank You. The way I read the trade Vince should be up. Now back to the action in progress.
    Last edited by Leo C; 03-04-2012 at 12:13 PM.
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

Thank you tornbretto and Leo!

With the 8th overall pick in the 2012 Coaster Draft, Vince selects:

El Toro (Six Flags Great Adventure)

And with that, Leo C is on the clock!
    Retired Staff Member
    2012 Coaster Draft Champion
    I Am Third
    Favorites: Amusement Park: All | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

It's okay, it's okay. El Toro has a great steel compliment.

Lift hill soundtrack playing:

""Doesn't anyone notice this? It feels like I'm taking crazy pills!"

"Didn't your dad ever teach you to LOOK! BEFORE! YOU LEAP!"

"Say hello to my little friend!"

"That just happened."

"Bizarro, Bizarro, Bizarro #1!!!"

I select the proven multi Golden Ticket winning Bizarro from Six Flags New England.

Bizarro, Bizarro, Bizarro #1!!!

It is my pleasure once again to announce the best SFOG tour guide is next. Racer take it away.

Hats for (Carousel)Horses Racer's Avatar
    Thank you Leo. If you're ever in the area I would glad to give you another tour.

Racer's first pick in the 2012 Coaster Draft is...... Wild Eagle at Dollywood.

Racer will now pass it off to Coaster Craze a.k.a. Chris A.
    ThrillNetwork SpeedZone Editor and unofficial DB Editor
    Please stand with your feet flat on the... stand up.. no- why are you sitting??? STAND UP ON THE GEORGIA SCORCHER!!!
    2014 Coaster Draft: Leviathan, Banshee, Alpengeist, Aftershock, GoldStriker, DareDevilDive, GeorgiaScorcher, Tatsu, SheiKra
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath(SFOG)

Editor
    Thanx Racer... AND NOW THE MOMENT WE'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR MY FIRST PICK OF THE 2012 COASTER DRAFT... LADIES AND GENTLEMEN I GIVE YOU...

SUPERMAN ULTIMATE FLIGHT at SIX FLAGS OVER GEORGIA!!!

Austin is now on the chopping block er I mean... the clock!
    The Adventure is coming! 2014 Coaster Draft picks
    Kingda Ka, Wild Eagle, ​Bahemath, The Kraken, FireChaser Express, Mavrick, Medusa, ​Full Throttle, Storm Runner,
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: ThunderHead | Steel Roller Coaster: Wild Eagle

I started to skim over the rules for coasters outside the US. Then I remembered Levi is in Canada -.-

One second. (I'll update this post with the new one)

I select: Millennium Force - Cedar Point

Coasterkid_2006 is now on the clock.
    Last edited by Antoine; 03-06-2012 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Make sure you say who is up next after you.
    My God is not dead, He's surely alive. He's living on the inside, roaring like a lion
    Thrillnetwork Moderator, formerly Tigeraceray

Just keep your eyes on Christ - Lecrae
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Diamondback

Coasterkid_2006 time is currently up. Knottsnetwork now has until 1:15 AM EST March 8 to make their selection before Joe R. is up. Coasterkid_2006 can still make their pick if it is done before Knottsnetwork makes their own. Otherwise they forfeit a pick for this round.

Knottsnetwork is on the clock.
    2014 Coaster Draft Selection - Shambhala - Katun - Troy - Superman / la Atracción de Acero - Nefeskesen - Mammut - Air - Big Thunder Mountain
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags Magic Mountain, and Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Thunderhead, Mammut, and Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Hyper-Nitro, Giga-Intimidator 305, LIM/LSM- bluefire, Inverted-Katun, Floorless-Kraken, Flying-Manta

Minetrain Poster
    Thanks for the advise on X2.....
    But I select Tatsu at Six Flags Magic Mountain!

​Joe R. is now on the clock
    Last edited by Antoine; 03-07-2012 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Jeff is not up next because a 15th player was added to the game.

Heh, surprised nobody grabbed this in this round.

Skyrush - Hersheypark

Jeff is back on the clock!

Thanks Joe,

Lets get the second round going... hopefully it will be faster than the first.

I will pick X2 @ Six Flags Magic Mountain

Vince you are now on the clock
    Jeff SpeedZone Senior Editor
    2013 Draft Picks: Gatekeeper, Shambhala, Outlaw Run, Goliath (Holland), Full Throttle, Lightning Racer, Alpengeist, Saw the Ride, Wooden Warrior

Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: X2 and Shiekra

Joe, I glad you made that choice. I would have been shocked if "Skyrush" didn't get picked in the First round.

Thank you Mr. Jeff sir!

With the 17th pick in the 2012 Coaster Draft, Vince selects:

Phoenix (Knoebels)

Jay37145, you'reeeee uppppp!

Vince, you beat me to Phoenix.

My next pick is "Cyclone" at Astroland (Coney Island)

Brian H is on the clock...

Brian H. emailed in his selection to me:

For his second selection he chooses Xcelerator at Knott's Berry Farm.

Antoine (third person) is now on the clock.

Now for my second pick.

I choose Apocalypse: The Ride at Six Flags Magic Mountain.

Shawn is now on the clock.

For my second pick in the draft, I choose Maverick at Cedar Point!

tornbretto, yooooou're up!
    -Termination complete-

Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood

In a plane, on a rollercoaster near a storm.
    My second pick is.....*drum roll please*

Vince will be up next as per a trade with Daniel Barto...
    Last edited by Jeff; 03-08-2012 at 11:49 PM. Reason: North American roller coaster only, Vince is up next due to trade

It has to be a North American coaster, unless Leo or Antoine approved it.
    My God is not dead, He's surely alive. He's living on the inside, roaring like a lion
    Thrillnetwork Moderator, formerly Tigeraceray

Just keep your eyes on Christ - Lecrae
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Diamondback

I don't know what coaster was selected because the post was already edited, but only North American coasters. No exceptions. Tornbretto is still on the clock, but must choose something in North America.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast