Thread: Carnival Season 2012

Thumbs up Carnival Season 2012

It's carnival season here in Florida! I was fortunate to be able to go to the South Florida Fair in West Palm Beach on Thursday night for their ride-a-thon. The rides were provided by Wade shows, which also does the Florida State Fair in Tampa every February. I had been to the State fair before, but this was my first experience at the S Fl fair. Maybe it was because it was the first night, maybe it was because it was an event put on just for rides, but man was this fair intense. Every ride I went on seemed ten times faster or more intense than any I had ridden before. The drop ride they had seemed longer than any I have ever ridden, the Himilaylas(sp?) were faster than any I have ridden, and the Zipper was straight up insane. I have never ridden a Zipper before, and this one scared the living bejesus out of me. Any thrill junkies around the area have to check this fair out. You will not be disappointed.

You threw me off man because Mardi Gras and Carnival down in South America is coming soon.

Zipper is amazing. It's like getting the positive and negative g's of a coaster. It's probably a non-single riders ride so cross your fingers to find someone in line. It's worth it. Whenever I find out there is a carnival I ask first and second if there is a coaster there and Zipper. I did go to a carnival in Jacksonville in April-May before.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

I was terrified of the Zipper. I think that I worked myself up too much, but man did it mess me up. My stomach was in knots the whole night and the next day.

I had no problems with the forces forwards and backwards on my most recent time this past summer on a Zipper. it was just the matter of my head just clearing the dimensions of the car, resting against the padding during the cycle. I think the padding was just as close for me in a Huss Ranger at Darien Lake.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

My 2012 Wade Shows Youtube Playlist
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDB76958F4F8321C9

Gibraltar Trade Center, Taylor Michigan

Wade Shows,
    First Unit With Some Second Unit

Chance Giant Wheel #2 (Yellow/Red)
    Reverchon Super Himalaya #1 (Former Polar)
    Ring Of Fire
    Cliff Hanger
    KMG Fire Ball (Pendulum Claw)
    Orbiter
    Twister (Crazy Dance)
    Kick Flip (Larson Hi Roller)
    Gravitron
    Sizzler
    Yo Yo
    Carousel
    Berry Go Round
    Crazy Plane