Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goldstriker: CGA '13 NEW Wooden coaster

Goldstriker: CGA '13 NEW Wooden coaster

From screamscape:
    New Coaster - Rumor - (2/15/12) A Screamscape reader did a little digging and came across an interesting document just submitted to the city of Santa Clara a few hours ago, described as a new “Architectural Review of revised plans for a wood coaster ride structure to be constructed in northern portion of park; Reference previous planning cases: PLN2008-06835 & PLN2009-07829” The meeting is set for March 7th for what sounds like the long awaited revival of the park’s GCI wooden
    coaster project. While the location only says it is for the Northern section of the park, that sounds like same basic area they were hoping to build in before, where it would include a helix spiral around the park’s Star Tower ride. Pleasure Note... I’ve only dug up the pictures of the old plans from IAAPA 2007 to serve as a visual reference. These exact plans have not been resubmitted for the new ride.
    Looks like the GCI project is back on track!
    Let it shine, let it shine
    On and on, on and on, come to life

David Crowder*Band: Give Us Rest (A Requiem Mass in C [The Happiest of All Keys])
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1-Thunderhead, 2-El Toro, 3-Wild One (SFA) | Steel Roller Coaster: 1-Intimidator 305, 2- Maverick, 3-Goliath (SFOG)

Are the neighbors going to be any more sympathetic this time? Since the park settled with the 49ers and the city and there's still the fresh taste of that deal completed they'll try for another?

Note: We got to try and hit search to see if the current news matches up to be used with an old thread in the future.I had discussed this wooden coaster proposal before in a prior CGA thread. Maybe a new sound wall is to be included in this newest version of the proposal?
    Last edited by Leo C; 02-15-2012 at 03:42 PM.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

Minetrain Poster
    Wait.... this isn't a whole new coaster is it? Isn't it just a reshaping of Grizzly?

Don't be confused. A few years ago they submitted those plans you see and they were met with resistance. The neighbors didn't like it. It another one of those park was here before the neighbors cases. Those plans were cancelled as the park was sorting through the problem with the 49ers wanting to build the stadium next door to the park and the legal battle until that was resolved late last year. That wooden coaster idea is going to go back to the town meeting. There are probably changes but we won't know until after the meeting what they are.

Separate from that the Grizzly track work is still going on.
    Last edited by Leo C; 02-15-2012 at 09:00 PM.
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

Here's another update from screamscape:
    (2/16/12) Screamscape sources have confirmed that CGA’s plan is indeed to revive the old GCI wooden coaster plans, pretty much as is. The project was so far along when it was stalled out by noise complaint concerns years ago, that it is said to have a complete set of plans and ready to go into production as soon as they get the permits.

David Crowder*Band: Give Us Rest (A Requiem Mass in C [The Happiest of All Keys])
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1-Thunderhead, 2-El Toro, 3-Wild One (SFA) | Steel Roller Coaster: 1-Intimidator 305, 2- Maverick, 3-Goliath (SFOG)

Minetrain Poster
    So BRAND NEW coaster ehh? wow!

Those plans even after the first presentation are at least 4 years old. This is just another chance to try to get this through. Hopefully this is it this time. The LA Times blog mentioned the curve matches the terrain. I thought it was pretty much flat.

Due to the park size/space I think the park would be a candidate could get potential current Six Flags level new coaster additions from Cedar Fair: Gerstlauer Eurofighter and spinner, Intamin Ball. SFDK no longer has their spinner.

With the ride being tabled the first time I never gave the design the time to compare it to the "neighbor" Roar at SFDK. I think it's different enough and an exciting combo of wooden coasters if this can come through.
    Last edited by Leo C; 02-18-2012 at 02:10 AM.

^Difference is this wont beat the snot out of you for riding it

Roar became that? Both versions weren't that mean to me.

^I was on the SFA version. I regretted every second of riding it; first time I had ever said that about a GCI coaster. Granted, the old PCT trains didn't help matters as they allowed for absolutely no movement around the tight corners.

The latter part of Roar SFA I remember rattling in the lower 2nd half towards the end long after the cool roofed section.

I don't know, they removed 3 roller coasters in the last 10 years without adding a new one. Seeing is believing if they add a new coaster, but based off the attendance they had when I went there, it is hard to justify adding a multimillion dollar coaster to a park that can't even fill the front primary parking, let alone the overflow.
    ThrillNetwork Moderator(Originally known as Nitro Luvr)
    2014 Coaster Draft Selection - Shambhala - Katun - Troy - Superman / la Atracción de Acero - Nefeskesen - Mammut - Air - Big Thunder Mountain
    Proud mem**r of the 400 club!!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags Magic Mountain, and Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Thunderhead, Mammut, and Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Hyper-Nitro, Giga-Intimidator 305, LIM/LSM- bluefire, Inverted-Katun, Floorless-Kraken, Flying-Manta

It looks like the project got an approval.

Looks like the CGI they said they bought a few years ago is actually going to happen.
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313 ** Proud Member of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten

Vote For Royaland of NASCAR in the 2014 Coaster Draft!

Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

The park applied for a permit to begin earth moving in a northwestern section of the park. No demolition of structures.

Earth moved near the skycoaster.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CaliforniaGAWoodie1.JPG 
Views:	174 
Size:	83.0 KB 
ID:	20339
    Here's a pic from the park's facebook of the clearing.

Snoopy and company were on hand with construction hats at the groundbreaking of the 49ers stadium next door on 4/20.

Name:	473930_10150903172363155_2116778169_o.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	155.3 KB 
ID:	20468
    Wooden coaster site work? From the park's facebook page. This is the manufacturer that pours a concrete pad around the footers?

Gold Striker went vertical.

In a plane, on a rollercoaster near a storm.
    ^Yep, Gold Striker.

Less than a month til the announcement http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-sX60dOv4sF...s1600/Au13.jpg
    Last edited by tornbretto; 08-01-2012 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Fixed Link

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...2453154&type=1
    There are pics on the park's fb page of the vertical construction.

Name:	406369_10150969778273155_1448201732_n.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	122.4 KB 
ID:	20630

In a plane, on a rollercoaster near a storm.
    The "Prudential Turn" area of the ride looks like it may be receiving a very long tunnel to help lessen the noise for Prudential. Prudential backed off on their case pretty quickly, maybe due to some agreement?

What records may this coaster break though?

Name:	388081_10150996220048155_398210883_n.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	138.5 KB 
ID:	20641 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	404070_10150996220133155_381719142_n.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	20642 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	402170_10150996220263155_895716282_n.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	80.8 KB 
ID:	20643

Name:	309081_10150996220843155_1428428581_n.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	20644

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...5251450&type=3
    More progress pics from the park's fb page. More traditional wooden coaster construction. I wish Dorney got this.

Teh Band
    Cedar Fair fieled for the copy right name of Gold Striker.

CGA says more details about Au13 are coming today. Even the new coaster is tied into the 49ers moving in next door in regards to the theme. This could potentially be the third time this coaster would be announced on this site.

Teh Band
    This will be on the spot where Whizzer once stood

Name:	487465_10151062651218155_1222468904_n.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	111.1 KB 
ID:	20720
    Interesting transition. That's from the beginning of the month.

Name:	39312_10151062651468155_515705586_n.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	20721
    Dated October 1st, posted by the park on facebook.

I hope they don't get Alex Smith on the first train of this coaster. Can they put Coach Harbaugh and Frank Gore on it?

Name:	522440_10151105525588155_1236106102_n.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	194.7 KB 
ID:	20728

Major update from the park's facebook page on Friday. Major curves installed.

Name:	374805_10151105525623155_1329645875_n.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	188.6 KB 
ID:	20729

Name:	1048_10151105526493155_200715517_n.jpg 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	20730

Name:	65356_10151105526578155_439385089_n.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	68.1 KB 
ID:	20731
    Last edited by Leo C; 11-04-2012 at 03:19 AM.

Name:	46029_10151114980688155_556664699_n.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	164.1 KB 
ID:	20735

Name:	535381_10151124114688155_619428056_n.jpg 
Size:	166.0 KB 
ID:	20736

Name:	14143_10151124114773155_433262597_n.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	20737

Posted by the park recently on their fb page.

Name:	16630_10151138241198155_16385090_n.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	176.5 KB 
ID:	20742

Goldstriker looks great! Some great progress.

The park posted this image on Tuesday on facebook.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast