Thread: NASCAR Sprint Cup 2012

NASCAR Sprint Cup 2012

Ladies and gentleman, start your engines! It is now time for the 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup season. The season begins at Daytona International Speedway with the Bud Shootout getting underway tonight. In rare form, the season is actually starting a week later than normal. Usually this would be the week of the Daytona 500. Which drivers do you need to watch for this season? Who will make an impact? Will Dale Jr. finally get out of his winless slump? Will Kyle Busch control his temper this year? Will other drivers keep Jimmie Johnson out of 1st place again this year? Will the Race for the Chase be as tight as it was last year? This will be the first time ever as a fan where I am not sure who to root for. Being a NASCAR fan, I always followed Team Penske and Rusty Wallace. After he retired, it seemed a perfect fit to root for Kurt Busch afterwards. Now the 'Dinger is driving the car and I'm not too sure about that. I'll just see how the season goes. Good luck to all my fellow NASCAR fans out there this season!
    ThrillNetwork Moderator(Originally known as Nitro Luvr)
    2014 Coaster Draft Selection - Shambhala - Katun - Troy - Superman / la Atracción de Acero - Nefeskesen - Mammut - Air - Big Thunder Mountain
    Proud mem**r of the 400 club!!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags Magic Mountain, and Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Thunderhead, Mammut, and Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Hyper-Nitro, Giga-Intimidator 305, LIM/LSM- bluefire, Inverted-Katun, Floorless-Kraken, Flying-Manta

This is Danica's first full NASCAR only season? I saw her green car. I don't even know anymore who drives the Shell car. I might buy the Shell hat just to get the logo. I'll have family over Sunday so I probably end up watching Daytona.

Team Penske used to be in Reading, PA so I've considered them my home team. I had known their Indy cars first. I know a couple years ago they finally came down to NC.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

I've been watching the Shootout tonight, Antoine. I'm going to try to watch more racing this year.
    205 coasters and counting...
    Travel Blog | Twitter | Facebook
    Favorites: Amusement Park: All of them | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator

Hats for (Carousel)Horses Racer's Avatar
    Team Hendrick!!!!!

I'll predict Carl Edwards to win the championship.
    ThrillNetwork SpeedZone Editor and unofficial DB Editor
    Please stand with your feet flat on the... stand up.. no- why are you sitting??? STAND UP ON THE GEORGIA SCORCHER!!!
    2014 Coaster Draft: Leviathan, Banshee, Alpengeist, Aftershock, GoldStriker, DareDevilDive, GeorgiaScorcher, Tatsu, SheiKra
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath(SFOG)

Boo it's just a qualifier on FOX today.
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

OK I was at the race last night and I loved the racing. Listening to Jr.s radio and was having a lot of fun!!! NASCAR got the right package. Hope they don't change anything.

Has for kyle busch.... I hate the guy, after the 2 saves he made last night.... You have to give him credit, and deserved that win
    Manta roller coaster 2009
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six flags | Wooden Roller Coaster: Gwazi | Steel Roller Coaster: Sheikra

It was a crashed filled race late last night to be watching. Poor Kurt Busch has ruined two cars in one weekend. Although I can not stand Kyle Busch, that was one heckuva move he pulled at the end of the race in order to win. Unfortunately, I won't be able to see the Daytona 500 because of training at work, but hopefully it will be just as exciting with the tight racing.
    2014 Coaster Draft Selection - Shambhala - Katun - Troy - Superman / la Atracción de Acero - Nefeskesen - Mammut - Air - Big Thunder Mountain
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags Magic Mountain, and Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Thunderhead, Mammut, and Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Hyper-Nitro, Giga-Intimidator 305, LIM/LSM- bluefire, Inverted-Katun, Floorless-Kraken, Flying-Manta

I saw that highlight of at least 4-5 multi car crashes. it's amazing when one guy will slip all the way across the grass and be able to get himself back into the race.

The shootout is almost always filled with wrecks, cause the drivers are trying to find the limit, and they have been out of the car for 2 months.

Here was my seat in the race...

2012 bud shootout - YouTube
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six flags | Wooden Roller Coaster: Gwazi | Steel Roller Coaster: Sheikra

I've never been a fan of Kyle Busch, but I've never hated him. He's had many moments of brilliance on the track. After what I saw him do Saturday night, I was actually happy to see him win. (I never thought I'd say that).
    Favorites: Amusement Park: All of them | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator

I'm the good looking one Brian F's Avatar
    A town called Big Nothing (Really Big Nothing)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo C View Post
    This is Danica's first full NASCAR only season?
    Yes it is!!!!!! <happy dance> With her leaving IndyCar and going full time in NASCAR, it will mean an improvement in BOTH series!!!
    ThrillNetwork Lead Moderator
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force or Magnum- tough call.

So the duels are done. What did you think? I like the racing. Danica took a really hard hit, glad shes ok.

I think she swerved to miss her hype, and lost control.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force or Magnum- tough call.

The racing is certainly better than it has been in recent years. I really wish Nascar would stop playing games and just get rid of the restrictor plates.

I guess I didn't miss anything out of Daytona yet. I see cars covered, umbrellas, rain.

I've never seen anything like this happen before. Montoya hits a jet dryer on a safety truck, which ignites a lot of jet fuel. The race is red flagged and there's no telling how much damage was done to the track.
    Please stand with your feet flat on the... stand up.. no- why are you sitting??? STAND UP ON THE GEORGIA SCORCHER!!!
    2014 Coaster Draft: Leviathan, Banshee, Alpengeist, Aftershock, GoldStriker, DareDevilDive, GeorgiaScorcher, Tatsu, SheiKra
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath(SFOG)

I came in to watch at the right time. I saw Truex win the midway prize. I've been on the boulevard that's named after him here in NJ. It's the entrance to a Walmart shopping center. SMH. I came back just in time to see the biggest, brightest fireball of a fire. It was crazy how the jet fuel spilled down the turn and caught fire like it was the plane in Die Hard 2. I'm glad it didn't make it down to the grass to burn. I usually see a picture of Montoya's car in my Saturday Target ad.

You won't see this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo C View Post
    I've been on the boulevard that's named after him here in NJ. It's the entrance to a Walmart shopping center. SMH.
    Don't get much more NASCAR than THAT!

That was a great race!! As a packer fan I'm happy!!! As a jr. fan... Man close again.

How many stock car drivers does it take to ruin a jet dryer truck?

Just Juan

I saw the highlights of the race and only he could figure out a way to do that too.

My name is Juan Pablo Montoya. You dried my race track, Prepare to die.

I know the 500 was a week ago... But some people are saying that biffle dragged he's brakes on the last restart to block for matt.

I think he did cause he almost got wrecked on the back on the white flag. What do you think?

More bad news for the Penske Racing Team. A.J. Allmendinger has tested positive for drug use and is temporarily suspended from racing. He will not race tonight. He has a chance to have his Sample B to be tested. If that comes up positive too, he will be suspended indefinitely. Firing Kurt Busch from Penske last year is suddenly looking like a bad idea now I bet.....

Looks this will be the final year that NASCAR races at Talladega Motor Speedway. They had their annual 'Big One' on the final lap of the race and it collected 25 cars. Only difference between this one and all the other ones: Dale Jr is in the top 10 in points and he did not like this crash because he was involved in it. He no longer wants to race there. Sooooo, I expect there to be a meeting of all the Big Wigs to cater towards Jr needs again. Someone should inform Jr that he wasn't going to win the race or the cup this year anyways. So long Talladega. Replacement track shall be one of Jr choosing. Stay tuned......