View Poll Results: Which park will be the first to reopen?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Freestyle Music Park - Myrtle Beach, SC

1 14.29%
  • Kentucky Kingdom - Louisville, KY

5 71.43%
  • Ghost Town in the Sky - Maggie Valley,NC

1 14.29%

Thread: FMP,KK,GTitS: Which reopen first?

FMP,KK,GTitS: Which reopen first?

It seems as we go into this new coaster season in 2012 we have a couple of parks that will remain dormant for the whole year. Maybe the parks will return in 2013. It's a sad state of the amusement industry at the moment with the economy. Is there any one of these properties: Freestyle Music Park, Kentucky Kingdom, or Ghost Town in the Sky that have a best shot at reopening first or ever again?
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

Ghost Town in the Sky should reopen first. It'll take very little money to get the park back to working order.
    Let it shine, let it shine
    On and on, on and on, come to life

David Crowder*Band: Give Us Rest (A Requiem Mass in C [The Happiest of All Keys])
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1-Thunderhead, 2-El Toro, 3-Wild One (SFA) | Steel Roller Coaster: 1-Intimidator 305, 2- Maverick, 3-Goliath (SFOG)

As long as they fix the wall from the mudslide that had hit the park when it's closed, they should get up again soon.
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

I'm the good looking one Steven's Avatar
    Do you ever realize that sometimes acronyms are not always a good thing (having read the last one))?
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum

In all honesty, I don't know much about GTipetS (lol) so I can't really say I'd be seeing that one open first, however if this lease agreement goes through Thursday, KK would open in 2013 which seems more promising. I haven't heard much about FSMP opening anytime soon.

I would support Kentucky Kingdom using the Bluegrass name if it ever reopens. Using half of the park and having to leave some mention of the past may be enough to warrant the name change. The talks have progressed for KK.
    Last edited by Leo C; 02-21-2012 at 06:28 PM.