Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Coaster Draft Comments, Questions, Observations Thread

2012 Coaster Draft Comments, Questions, Observations Thread

This thread is for comments, questions, and observations during the 2012 TN Coaster Draft.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

Tomorrow on Thursday March 1st 12 noon EST. Like they say at Intimidator and Intimidator 305: "Gentlemen, start your engines."
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

2012 Coaster Draft Champion Vince's Avatar
    And so it begins... Didn't think Leviathan would go #1, there's just a slew of surprises today!
    Retired Staff Member
    2012 Coaster Draft Champion
    I Am Third
    Favorites: Amusement Park: All | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

I'm quite impressed with just one hour, well the hour since the PM was sent to me, how quickly a trade already unfolded.

Play on, play on.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo C View Post
    I'm quite impressed with just one hour, well the hour since the PM was sent to me, how quickly a trade already unfolded.

Play on, play on.
    I was quite happy with it. I didn't think I would be able to secure a "signature" attraction that fit my plan given my 8th overall spot.

Thanks again Vince!
    Let it shine, let it shine
    On and on, on and on, come to life

David Crowder*Band: Give Us Rest (A Requiem Mass in C [The Happiest of All Keys])
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1-Thunderhead, 2-El Toro, 3-Wild One (SFA) | Steel Roller Coaster: 1-Intimidator 305, 2- Maverick, 3-Goliath (SFOG)

Haha not a problem! The pressure of being #2 overall was just too much for me
    Retired Staff Member
    I Am Third
    Favorites: Amusement Park: All | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Haha not a problem! The pressure of being #2 overall was just too much for me
    I realize when I picked up my next two picks would be really far apart (given that the draft is a snake I'm assuming), but it's okay. The park I'm trying to build involves coasters no one cares about (remembers at least). It all worked out fantastically
    Let it shine, let it shine
    On and on, on and on, come to life

David Crowder*Band: Give Us Rest (A Requiem Mass in C [The Happiest of All Keys])
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1-Thunderhead, 2-El Toro, 3-Wild One (SFA) | Steel Roller Coaster: 1-Intimidator 305, 2- Maverick, 3-Goliath (SFOG)

I will be able to make my first pick tomorrow, and will then send a note to Leo and Antoine with a list for my next two picks. Come on Jay!
    Thrillnetwork Database Lead Editor (formerly coasterb)

Don't forget to log your rides in the database!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ravine Flyer II | Steel Roller Coaster: Diamondback

Minetrain Poster
    Hey so is the draft graded on the quality of coasters or what? For example, I think X2 is a legendary coaster, but many say it's too rough. So how will it be graded?

Hats for (Carousel)Horses Racer's Avatar
    It is up to a vote by the TN community.
    ThrillNetwork SpeedZone Editor and unofficial DB Editor
    Please stand with your feet flat on the... stand up.. no- why are you sitting??? STAND UP ON THE GEORGIA SCORCHER!!!
    2014 Coaster Draft: Leviathan, Banshee, Alpengeist, Aftershock, GoldStriker, DareDevilDive, GeorgiaScorcher, Tatsu, SheiKra
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath(SFOG)

^^It is really about your line up coasters and how the community rates it. X2 is a rough coaster now, but still unique. However, you must have a nice collection of coasters in the park you build. If you have X2 and you follow it up with rides like Roller Coaster (formerly Manhattan Express), Boomerang, an SLC, and Ninja (SFOG)...chances are you won't get many votes on your park. So it is ok to have a ride like X2 but you wanna balance it out too.
    ThrillNetwork Moderator(Originally known as Nitro Luvr)
    2014 Coaster Draft Selection - Shambhala - Katun - Troy - Superman / la Atracción de Acero - Nefeskesen - Mammut - Air - Big Thunder Mountain
    Proud mem**r of the 400 club!!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags Magic Mountain, and Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Thunderhead, Mammut, and Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Hyper-Nitro, Giga-Intimidator 305, LIM/LSM- bluefire, Inverted-Katun, Floorless-Kraken, Flying-Manta

First round pick of the draft I'm concerned about: Antoine's. He has some worldly coaster experiences I don't have.

Nahhhh, you don't have to worry about me. Now if this was a coaster draft for the entire world, be afraid, VERY afraid! lol (I could see an Expedition GeForce and Katun line up)But with just Canada, US, and Mexico as a selection, my experience will be solely based on my US parks since I never been to our two neighbor countries for amusement parks.
    2014 Coaster Draft Selection - Shambhala - Katun - Troy - Superman / la Atracción de Acero - Nefeskesen - Mammut - Air - Big Thunder Mountain
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags Magic Mountain, and Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Thunderhead, Mammut, and Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Hyper-Nitro, Giga-Intimidator 305, LIM/LSM- bluefire, Inverted-Katun, Floorless-Kraken, Flying-Manta

Shawn, Wes can't get Intimidator from Carowinds since he's not a player in this Draft (yet).

He's not?! I thought he was in it this time,lol. I just assumed.
    -Termination complete-

Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood

If we need a replacement player (I hope not) maybe we can ask but I do not have him on our roster. I respect his wishes.

See, no matter where you are in the draft you can still live dreams. I almost got my homepark top woodie El Toro. Nice tease there.
    Last edited by Daniel Barto; 03-04-2012 at 08:20 PM.

Come on Coaster_kid. I saw his last activity was 3/5 basically, really close by to being up.

Leo: You were a coin flip from getting Toro too. That was my decision maker between Bizzaro and Toro. Whoops!
    Retired Staff Member
    I Am Third

we should get the other kid on the clock now
    d
    Jeff SpeedZone Senior Editor
    2013 Draft Picks: Gatekeeper, Shambhala, Outlaw Run, Goliath (Holland), Full Throttle, Lightning Racer, Alpengeist, Saw the Ride, Wooden Warrior

Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: X2 and Shiekra

Good stuff Vince.

Yes, Jeff is correct. As much as I would like to complete one round where all the picks were made once time expires the next player can give some mercy or just cut the neck of the person ahead of them since it is their time to pick after all.

Austin's pick: 03-06-2012, 01:15 AM
    coasterkid had til 3/7/12 1:15AM and is at knottnetwork's mercy at the moment.
    I think it's knottsnetwork's time period currently til 1:15AM on the 8th.
    Last edited by Leo C; 03-07-2012 at 04:49 PM.

A missed pick but knottsnetwork got it in. Good job. Bring it Joe.

I find it weird Skyrush went that late in the first round but when I came to facebook online group following the Skyrush project Joe was already there. He deserved it. Bizarro was too good for me to pass up. Skyrush was a next more distant choice for me.

My streak of getting Phoenix consecutive years has ended. Vince got it. It's a good one. That's the advantage of making a good and winning Super Bowl prediction to get a high place in the draft rank.
    Last edited by Leo C; 03-08-2012 at 12:10 PM.

I think mainly because Skyrush hasn't been talked about much during the offseason that it wasn't high on a person's list. Me, I just totally forgot about it and my eyes were set on Nitro. I was hoping that Tatsu would be overlooked in the first round, but nope.

I seem to be stealing coasters left and right from you Leo, sorry!

And Antonie, I also hoped Tatsu would slip as it has in years past, but alas, no such luck.
    Retired Staff Member
    I Am Third

Yeah, it usually does go later on possibly in the second round. I was hoping it make it through and wouldn't get picked in that first round. Although I think Manta is slightly better than Tatsu, Tatsu is more in line with what I'm trying to set up.

Oh there's no apologies. It's competitiveness. There's still the possibility for ride trades and waiting for the next year to get it. I think I waited at least 3 drafts to finally get Bizarro SFNE. I still have a couple rides I've never been able to get. Maybe this is the year. We'll see.

Editor
    Thanks for the Idea! lolz
    The Adventure is coming! 2014 Coaster Draft picks
    Kingda Ka, Wild Eagle, ​Bahemath, The Kraken, FireChaser Express, Mavrick, Medusa, ​Full Throttle, Storm Runner,
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: ThunderHead | Steel Roller Coaster: Wild Eagle

LOL It happened again Vince. Vince is the mind reader. Great taste. Texas Giant wasn't on my initial list but during the last few picks I thought it was the most exciting ride available I could consider. I would like to test those reviews for the New Giant as I've only been on the original version so far. This is amusing.

RFII and Boulder Dash were also on my short list for that pick, but Texas Giant popped into my head very recently. I am happy with the selection, and I'm very freaked out that we're so much on the the same page Leo! I find it hilarious actually.
    Retired Staff Member
    I Am Third

Ugh lol I had a feeling Boulder Dash wouldn't make it to me. See Vince lmao. This is why I tried to trade but I didnt have anything to trade. Oh well, RFII isn't that bad, but I'd rather have Boulder Dash.
    My God is not dead, He's surely alive. He's living on the inside, roaring like a lion
    Thrillnetwork Moderator, formerly Tigeraceray

Just keep your eyes on Christ - Lecrae
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Diamondback

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast