Thread: NFL 2012 Offseason, Free Agency, Draft

NFL 2012 Offseason, Free Agency, Draft

Payment by the Colts to keep Peyton Manning is due March 8th. What will happen in the next week?

RGIII had talked to the EAGLES. At least the team learns a little more about him. I'm glad the Birds franchised tagged Desean Jackson. He gets a $9 million raise after playing for a half mil. We need to get RB LeSean McCoy a good deal.
    Last edited by Leo C; 03-03-2012 at 01:41 PM.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

I say the colts will cut Payton before the 8th. 28 Million is just so much for a quarterback whose future is unknown (yes I realize he's back to virtually 100% throwing). The Colts will have Luck so they really have no more need for Manning.
    Let it shine, let it shine
    On and on, on and on, come to life

David Crowder*Band: Give Us Rest (A Requiem Mass in C [The Happiest of All Keys])
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1-Thunderhead, 2-El Toro, 3-Wild One (SFA) | Steel Roller Coaster: 1-Intimidator 305, 2- Maverick, 3-Goliath (SFOG)

I'm the good looking one Brian F's Avatar
    A town called Big Nothing (Really Big Nothing)
    The latest scuttlebutt is that Reggie Wayne (a free agent) is interested in following Peyton if he goes.
    ThrillNetwork Lead Moderator
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force or Magnum- tough call.

That would make the most sense too honestly. Peyton runs an extremely complicated offense and in order for any team to be on board with it, it would help to have a good WR that understands it. Peyton still has some gas in the tank but no one knows just how much. Regardless if he was to return to the Colts or not, that team needs to plan for the future. The last thing you want to do is be like the Dolphins and playing ring around the rosie on finding a replacement QB.
    ThrillNetwork Moderator(Originally known as Nitro Luvr)
    2014 Coaster Draft Selection - Shambhala - Katun - Troy - Superman / la Atracción de Acero - Nefeskesen - Mammut - Air - Big Thunder Mountain
    Proud mem**r of the 400 club!!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags Magic Mountain, and Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Thunderhead, Mammut, and Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Hyper-Nitro, Giga-Intimidator 305, LIM/LSM- bluefire, Inverted-Katun, Floorless-Kraken, Flying-Manta

A Bountygate has unfolded with the New Orleans Saints. They gave Drew Brees an exclusive franchise tag.
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

Peyton's release supposedly to come. It's heating up.

My sentimental favorite would be for Peyton to go to the Titans. Competitively, I'd love to see him go to Houston. With either team, he'd have a good chance to make deep playoff runs (especially if he takes Reggie with him) He'd have the luxury of playing in a division where he knows all of the teams well, and would have 4 easy wins (2 games vs Jacksonville, 2 vs the Colts) He'd have the opportunity to stick it to Jim Irsay twice a year.

As a Colts fan, I've been so spoiled by Peyton that it will be hard to go back to the days where finishing 8-8 was like winning the Super Bowl, but it's coming. Luck may be great, but is he good enough to drag Jim Irsay to respectability? Does lightning strike the same spot twice?
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force or Magnum- tough call.

Emotional Peyton Manning saying goodbye today at noon.

That was emotional, and it was sincere. At least when Peyton was talking. When Durr-say was up there spewing his lies, I wanted to puke.

Lest you be inclined to believe ANYTHING he said about "what's best for the team... care about the fans.... not about money..." let me point out a fun little fact: He's known for weeks (if not months) that he was going to do what he did today. Why then, did he wait? Why, just coincidentaly, last Friday was the deadline for season ticket renewals. Dude is a first class piece of trash, just like his father was.

Peyton the town GREEN?

I heard Peyton was in Miami. League business starts on Tuesday. Houston and Arizona sounds interesting.

Editor
    idk I think he'd do great in Tampa, I mean the Bucs need his experience since they are a young team.
    The Adventure is coming! 2014 Coaster Draft picks
    Kingda Ka, Wild Eagle, ​Bahemath, The Kraken, FireChaser Express, Mavrick, Medusa, ​Full Throttle, Storm Runner,
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: ThunderHead | Steel Roller Coaster: Wild Eagle

Never forget- he's a competitor. He's not hurting for money, he's sticking with the game because he likes playing and wants another ring. He's going to pay much more attention to the question "where do I have the best chance to win, and win NOW?" than "Who is going to pay me the most?"

He's also said that he'd like to wrap this up and be singed in a week or so. He wants to get to work FAST, and doesn't want to keep other free agent QB's on hold from signing. Nobody looking for a free agent QB is going to go after Vince Young while Peyton is still on the market.

Indy mayor Greg Ballard has declared Mar 9th "Blue Friday," where we're all supposed to wear our #18 jerseys in support of Peyton. I'll be wearing my UT orange #16. That way, I'll be supporting Manning without supporting the crackhead's team. Don't get me wrong- I liked the Colts before #18, and I'll like them after #18. But I'm really ticked right now. Time will heal. A new owner would speed that along.

Washington going after RGIII? They got the second pick from St. Louis.

Why did the Jets extend Sanchez? SMH